Pricing on new ram 3500

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone bought a 2019 Ram 2500/3500 diesel recently? Trying to gauge pricing, so far getting crap. One dealer offering only $5500 on top of $9500 rebate on a $82k sticker truck. Many dealers offering that price right on website. I was expecting to be OTD at $62-64k on that truck. They were trying to claim laramies and above have an extra $3k profit but I don't see it. If I can add say $10k to the sticker for a laramie and only pay an extra $7k it would make more sense to do that. Curious what others have got for price?

Truebro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone bought a 2019 Ram 2500/3500 diesel recently? Trying to gauge pricing, so far getting crap. One dealer offering only $5500 on top of $9500 rebate on a $82k sticker truck. Many dealers offering that price right on website. I was expecting to be OTD at $62-64k on that truck. They were trying to claim laramies and above have an extra $3k profit but I don't see it. If I can add say $10k to the sticker for a laramie and only pay an extra $7k it would make more sense to do that. Curious what others have got for price?

Paid 60k for brand new Chevy high country 3500 dually in 16/ 61k for 17 f550 xlt chasis in 17. Dodge is stiffing u!! Not to mention world of problems and there Laramie is only half leather....longhorn is way higher quality....

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Paid 60k for brand new Chevy high country 3500 dually in 16/ 61k for 17 f550 xlt chasis in 17. Dodge is stiffing u!! Not to mention world of problems and there Laramie is only half leather....longhorn is way higher quality....
You paid 60k on a 90k sticker....hmmmm.

Truebro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That dodge he should be able to get at 61.5k. They have been doing25% off retail for the last 3 years come august....

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I figured it was way too high. I don't know anyone who's bought a truck within the last 3 years, but for mid to high 80k sticker laramies it was around $20k off OTD.

Plus sales gotta be slow. My broker said personal insurance is dead, no one is buying vehicles.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another dealer came back, $88k sticker offering $13.5k off....

Truebro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another dealer came back, $88k sticker offering $13.5k off....

word of advice-this usually works pretty good if ur not set on something but email dealers with the model/ specs u r interested in and let them know a dealer has already offered u said price (said price being 20-25% less retail, u will not get more unless they r desperate) see if they have something similar and if they r interested in making a better offer on the sale..

FYI- mark up on vehicles is 35-40% they make most on service and finance

good luck!

Last edited:

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Usually cheaper to order.

Can't wait on a order, with plant being shut down it could be 6+ months for a order. Also figuring a 19 will be cheaper then a 20 to clear them out.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't wait on a order, with plant being shut down it could be 6+ months for a order. Also figuring a 19 will be cheaper then a 20 to clear them out.

I forgot about that, the plants being shut down.
If a dealer is anxious to get rid of a truck, they will not try to get back the interest they have accumulated on the truck on the lot.
Tell them what your going to pay.

If they stick you with a high interest rate, tell them the rate you think is fare.

Did you ever find your red truck?

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I forgot about that, the plants being shut down.
If a dealer is anxious to get rid of a truck, they will not try to get back the interest they have accumulated on the truck on the lot.
Tell them what your going to pay.

If they stick you with a high interest rate, tell them the rate you think is fare.

Did you ever find your red truck?

I figure I should be at around $20k off, but problem i've always had is no dealer will ever accept an offer, so you gotta start lower and estimate where you will end up and i've never had a dealer willing to do that without going in. I figured with things they'd offer best price by phone/email but doesn't seem like it. I know rate should be 3.99% and always say it must be that, I don't know for sure but assumed many dealers would say rate is higher if customer doesn't know and get a kickback.

Yea found burnt up, so that's why I know I can shop for a new one while insurance figures stuff out.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Without manufacturer discounts, no dealer is able to give you $20k+ off. The only reason we see huge discounts is because the manufacturer is throwing in most of the money. All those discounts are public on the website. I did a quick check and they are offering $9450 on 3/4 tons and nothing showing on 1 tons. I didn't look through the details, so there may be more, but that is your min starting point.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My ram 3500 Laramie aisen slushbox was 20 percent off msrp. Dealer found whay I wanted and had it transferred into Lethbridge from Kamloops. Tell em what you want and let them find it.

Last edited:

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You’d think it would be an excellent time to buy but maybe not. Before the virus hit, lots of dealers were not stocking up on inventory in Alberta due to the economy, they were ordering as required. Now with the plants being shut down they can’t get it even if they wanted it.
Typically the big three stop taking orders for the current model year in July, then retool and work on the plants until September then start making the next model year in late September/October. If the plants stay shut down much longer they might not build a lot of ‘20 models for the rest of the cycle.
Good luck with the search, hopefully somebody has what you’re looking for.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It really doesn't seem like dealers are hungry for sales. There is a ton of 2019s on many of their lots, as well as 2020s though. I am considering a 5500, I bought one 3 years ago that was a leftover and paid $59k and change all in and the sticker was $80k, if I could get a deal similar to that i'd do it, it was a 2 model years old when I bought it though. I emailed one asking for price difference compared to 3500, as it's hard to tell as there is no rebates for them. I know there was a shortage of them for awhile, but there is tons of them in the city right now. The one advantage is they don't have a lot of the BS options the regular trucks have that are a waste, so they are about the same price and I don't have to screw around trying to sell the box.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shoot an email to one of the dealers in GP, there are a lot of trucks sitting on the lots here right now, maybe they want to sell a couple. I'd try GP Chrysler. Hansen Ford has so many trucks in stock the used lot is now full of the excess inventory. I laugh everytime I drive by and see another car hauler offloading and wonder where they will put them all.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It really doesn't seem like dealers are hungry for sales. There is a ton of 2019s on many of their lots, as well as 2020s though. I am considering a 5500, I bought one 3 years ago that was a leftover and paid $59k and change all in and the sticker was $80k, if I could get a deal similar to that i'd do it, it was a 2 model years old when I bought it though. I emailed one asking for price difference compared to 3500, as it's hard to tell as there is no rebates for them. I know there was a shortage of them for awhile, but there is tons of them in the city right now. The one advantage is they don't have a lot of the BS options the regular trucks have that are a waste, so they are about the same price and I don't have to screw around trying to sell the box.

I know what the cost is on those trucks when they are ordered, Its alot harder to deal on a truck on the lot.

The last two trucks I bought I’m BC.

Top Bottom