Portable Propane Heaters

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at heating the new trailer. Instead of going with a built-in (my buddy's doesn't work worth a damn anyway) I was thinking of buying a BIG Buddy TM Indoor Safe Propane Heater to use in the trailer overnight. I have one of this little Honda 2000 gen sets to run power if I need it, for a big fan in there if need be.

Cool thing about this Big Budy heater is it doesn't need to be ducted, and has a fan that runs off of 4 D batteries, or a 12v battery if need be.

Anyone have one of these?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Looking at heating the new trailer. Instead of going with a built-in (my buddy's doesn't work worth a damn anyway) I was thinking of buying a BIG Buddy TM Indoor Safe Propane Heater to use in the trailer overnight. I have one of this little Honda 2000 gen sets to run power if I need it, for a big fan in there if need be.

Cool thing about this Big Budy heater is it doesn't need to be ducted, and has a fan that runs off of 4 D batteries, or a 12v battery if need be.

Anyone have one of these?

TOO FUNNY.... I HAVE ONE OF THESE IN MY TRAILERS, AND I ACTUALLY HANG IT ON THE WALL.... I JUST STOCK UP ON THE LITTLE GREEN PROPANE BOTTLES AND D BATTERIES. IT WORKS GOOD.... DOESN'T GET OVERLY HOT ON THOSE -20+ DAYS, BUT WAS QUITE COMFORTABLE. PICKED IT UP AT PRINCESS AUTO........

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TOO FUNNY.... I HAVE ONE OF THESE IN MY TRAILERS, AND I ACTUALLY HANG IT ON THE WALL.... I JUST STOCK UP ON THE LITTLE GREEN PROPANE BOTTLES AND D BATTERIES. IT WORKS GOOD.... DOESN'T GET OVERLY HOT ON THOSE -20+ DAYS, BUT WAS QUITE COMFORTABLE. PICKED IT UP AT PRINCESS AUTO........

Want to be my trailer buddy? By the time I am done we will be:D

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not yet Ric. Went into Sears in Bonney Doon and the pimple-faced kid behind the counter (another Alberta advantage) did not have a clue.

I am going to go in when the manager is working - maybe later this week to get prices.

Greg

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey Barefooter Summitrics trailer is set up very well. Beverage holders,chairs,stereo,brooms,squeagee,dancing girls,helmet racks,hangers you name it he has it all in there. Even room for sleds. Stick with him on your trailer pimping mission:cool:

Last edited:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Carefull with your big buddy,I have one as well and they will give off carbon minoxcide when in an enclosed area.Keep your vent open and open all the doors on your trailer before you go in!
Got mine hooked up to a 20lb bottle,good for about 80 hrs on high!
catmando!

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Barefooter Summitrics trailer is set up very well. Beverage holders,chairs,stereo,brooms,squeaky,dancing girls,helmet racks,hangers you name it he has it all in there. Even room for sleds. Stick with him on your trailer pimping mission:cool:
Whats a squeaky?!?!? some sort of bath toy to use with the dancing girls?:D:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Went to change it Summiteer but let it stay. Must be some toy that Sledbunny wears when he rides. I think you squeeze the left ear and it makes a noise or something. Just 1 of many things that Ric has done to his trailor

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Carefull with your big buddy,I have one as well and they will give off carbon minoxcide when in an enclosed area.Keep your vent open and open all the doors on your trailer before you go in!
Got mine hooked up to a 20lb bottle,good for about 80 hrs on high!
catmando!

HEY KITTY.... THE BIGBUDDY HAS A CO2 SENSOR WITH AUTO SHUTOFF... IT HAS NEVER DONE IT IN MY TRAILER YET, EVEN WHEN I HAD IT RUNNING FOR 6 HOURS STRAIGHT.... YOU CAN EVEN GET ADAPTORS FOR THE BIGBUDDY TO RUN 20LB OR BIGGER TANKS... MY TRAILER HAS TO AIR FLOWTHROUGH VENTS(ONE ON LEFT FRONT AND 1 ON LEFT REAR SIDES), AND 1 ROOF VENT, AND I DON'T HAVE TO LEAVE THE ROOF VENT OPEN.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mine 's hooked up to a twenty pounder,will have to pick up a carbon monoxide detector and check it out,dont want to find out the hard way.
Thing throws off a lot of heat.
catmando!

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Mine 's hooked up to a twenty pounder,will have to pick up a carbon monoxide detector and check it out,dont want to find out the hard way.
Thing throws off a lot of heat.
catmando!

SAYS RIGHT ON THE BOX, AND IN THE INSTRUCTIONS(THINK I STILL HAVE THEM).... IT DOES HAVE A SENSOR TO KICK OFF THE UNIT FOR C.O. PROBLEMS....

Top Bottom