polaris pro or arctic cat snowpro

polaris rider

Reaction score
lookin to get a new sled within the next year. have rode both prormk and snowpro and i liked both and cant make up my mind. is there any problems with either machine to watch out for?

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lookin to get a new sled within the next year. have rode both prormk and snowpro and i liked both and cant make up my mind. is there any problems with either machine to watch out for?
Go with the sled that has the best dealer support in your area. Both are good machines - there really isn't a "bad" sled out there these days. Cat had some quality control problems in 2012, I would imagine that has been corrected this year. Polaris is a solid machine, may be a tad light for you depending on weight and riding style, less hp then cat, but 2013 has a new belt drive. Pick your poison, either is a good choice IMHO

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
onedoesnot.jpg

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go with the sled that has the best dealer support in your area. Both are good machines - there really isn't a "bad" sled out there these days. Cat had some quality control problems in 2012, I would imagine that has been corrected this year. Polaris is a solid machine, may be a tad light for you depending on weight and riding style, less hp then cat, but 2013 has a new belt drive. Pick your poison, either is a good choice IMHO

X2. Both the Pro and Cat are good sleds, dealer support should be a factor for your purchase. HP don't mean jack really, because the values are peak, not cumulative. Peak HP doesn't matter. Polaris has the better chassis from this year, Cat's was new and will be refined more, should be a good year for both.

get what you want and don't worry about what others are "doo-ing". On that note though, there are going to be a ton of cheap XP's for sale CHEAP since Doo released yet another model in the XM, just look at the poll thread. Pricing will be through the floor on used Doo's, might be something you want to consider because you will be able to pick one up for next to nothing.

Reactions: GRD

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
x2. Both the pro and cat are good sleds, dealer support should be a factor for your purchase. Hp don't mean jack really, because the values are peak, not cumulative. Peak hp doesn't matter. Polaris has the better chassis from this year, cat's was new and will be refined more, should be a good year for both.

Get what you want and don't worry about what others are "doo-ing". On that note though, there are going to be a ton of cheap xp's for sale cheap since doo released yet another model in the xm, just look at the poll thread. Pricing will be through the floor on used doo's, might be something you want to consider because you will be able to pick one up for next to nothing.

buddy had a xm out last week. All he could say is wow..................... Then snowchecked one.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Scat or Poo their both chit. Nice choice slash my wrists or cut throat. Kinda reminds me of another situation for this week. Redford or Smith again slash wrists or cut throat. Thank God for sleds and skis. Just messin with ya both are good either one will be a great ride next year, I'm thinkin the XM will be pretty sweet as well.

dropitbuster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Pro-RMK chassis has proven to be one of the best handling chasis' available. This is proven by the billions of them out there. Motor reliability after 1500 miles is still questionable depending on who you ask. The Pro climb didn't have the best debut and alot of buyers seem to feel a little disappointed by Cat's response to issues. The motor is bullet-proof. If Cat steps up it could be a contendor but at this point they seem to be playing catch up. The XM is a 5th year refined XP. Doo build quality is 2nd to none. The E-tec motor is proven and most issues seem to be solved by the latest dealer re-flash. For me it was a toss up between Polaris and Doo. Maybe if there were some 13 Pro-climb demos out with some good reviews I would have considered the Cat. The poll results seem to reflect this. JMO

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The long and short of it: If you bleed yellow, buy a doo. I have to disagree with the statement that doo's build quality is second to none - I've owned several ski-doo's. Maybe last year they had minimal problems, but in previous years they've had their share. 2012 was Cat's year to suffer from "1st year bugs", and a good portion of them were easily preventable IF a proper PDI had been done. Polaris is the lightest machine out there right now, true. Still doesn't make it the best one out there - there is a chance that there will be issues with the build, just as there may be durability issues with any of the product to be released - it hasn't been proven to be reliable yet. You take your chances with anything built or designed by people, whether it be a car, boat, sled, bike, plane, etc, etc. Am I biased? Not at all - have both a polaris and a cat coming for next season, both should be fun sleds. The XM is an interesting idea, and it will likely be a VERY capable machine - but this "oldfart" is capable of riding a sled that doesn't have a flex track and T-motion skid. The other deciding factor was cost, and LACK of dealer support in my area for ski-doo. If my sled breaks I'm not interested in waiting 2-6 weeks to get it into the shop...nothing worse then owning a sled you can't ride due to service schedules or parts availability...

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buddy had a xm out last week. All he could say is wow..................... Then snowchecked one.

And we had a friend, a very aggressive and accomplished boondocking style of rider I might add, who snowchecked an XM based on word of mouth. When he went to the demo ride two weeks ago and tried it he absolutely HATED it. He has now sacrificed his deposit and has snowchecked a Poo-PRO.

It just goes to show you that no sled or one particular brand is perfect for everyone... Despite what Maxwell says :)

(Sorry Sean, I hadn't poked the bear in a while- just wanted to see if you are still hibernating in the Poo and Cat threads ;) hehe )

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And we had a friend, a very aggressive and accomplished boondocking style of rider I might add, who snowchecked an XM based on word of mouth. When he went to the demo ride two weeks ago and tried it he absolutely HATED it. He has now sacrificed his deposit and has snowchecked a Poo-PRO.

It just goes to show you that no sled or one particular brand is perfect for everyone... Despite what Maxwell says :)

(Sorry Sean, I hadn't poked the bear in a while- just wanted to see if you are still hibernating in the Poo and Cat threads ;) hehe )

is your friend ok? maybe he should see a doctor.

LOL

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'm quoting Rene here After ridin with Treadway I'm gettin rid of my Turbos and gettin a Freeride.

Top Bottom