Polaris Khaos is the real deal

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been on almost every doo made, had a couple of turbo cats, and ridden pretty much everything out there (except the alpha). I spent some time on MOMMAs 2021 Khaos 165. Holy cow is that an amazing sled. I honestly can't believe how fun and easy they are to ride. I liked my last couple G4s, but found myself getting frustrated with them in the steep and technical stuff. They are ultra nimble but just too unpredictable. The Khaos is so easy to ride, holds a line perfectly, and just gets up on the snow and goes.

If I were buying a new sled that's what id be getting. If you didn't like the pro or axys chassis (I hated the pro, don't mind the axys but find it a bit difficult to ride), the Khaos is definitely worth trying

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been on almost every doo made, had a couple of turbo cats, and ridden pretty much everything out there (except the alpha). I spent some time on MOMMAs 2021 Khaos 165. Holy cow is that an amazing sled. I honestly can't believe how fun and easy they are to ride. I liked my last couple G4s, but found myself getting frustrated with them in the steep and technical stuff. They are ultra nimble but just too unpredictable. The Khaos is so easy to ride, holds a line perfectly, and just gets up on the snow and goes.

If I were buying a new sled that's what id be getting. If you didn't like the pro or axys chassis (I hated the pro, don't mind the axys but find it a bit difficult to ride), the Khaos is definitely worth trying

There are some who say if it doesn't have a turbo it won't have enough power for them. I can say that these sleds hold their own pretty darn well against the Doo turbo for sure. The light chassis and predictable handling more than make up for a little less power at altitude. These sleds also don't high center so easily and do pop out of the snow so well too. And if you are still not sold, go buy a 4 stroke Yamaha.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

A khaos is close to a alpha

Alpha being better for a few things, has great engine braking and back shift, where the khaos free wheels and your using the brakes constantly

And on its side, a khaos is easy to get over like a alpha, but at one point its over too far and your back and forth to keep it there

Where a alpha is easy to keep there as there's not really a tip point where your too far or not enough

Using the wash out the alpha can have to your advantage, fish hooking a tree well for example
Khaos won't do the same thing

That's just my take on a few different things between the two

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?com...56347349921&notif_t=comment_mention&ref=notif

He does not even hit 50mph track speed with a 155 track with most of it in the air, not impressive.

Yet on one on one race it is still faster than a Doo.
Odd?
Can be just guages.
Need a machine at an independant shop for a shake down and dyno runs to se what is up.
Pretty sure not using flawed machines, doubt they release to much of a dog.
I am not going to place to much stock on a video except when there is a Doo involved as a Guage of performance, but not if poaching involved.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are some who say if it doesn't have a turbo it won't have enough power for them. I can say that these sleds hold their own pretty darn well against the Doo turbo for sure. The light chassis and predictable handling more than make up for a little less power at altitude. These sleds also don't high center so easily and do pop out of the snow so well too. And if you are still not sold, go buy a 4 stroke Yamaha.

I think sleds have gotten so good that I don't even care who has the biggest and best. They will all go places that you couldn't go 10 years ago on a 50k mod. The new sleds nowadays are so unreal that imho you aren't leaving much on the table by picking one brand over the other. For me it comes down to fun factor and ease of riding.

If I had to ride for pink slips through steep and deep trees......it would be on the Khaos that I have about 20 minutes seat time on.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yet on one on one race it is still faster than a Doo.
Odd?
Can be just guages.
Need a machine at an independant shop for a shake down and dyno runs to se what is up.
Pretty sure not using flawed machines, doubt they release to much of a dog.
I am not going to place to much stock on a video except when there is a Doo involved as a Guage of performance, but not if poaching involved.

I think sleds have gotten so good that I don't even care who has the biggest and best. They will all go places that you couldn't go 10 years ago on a 50k mod. The new sleds nowadays are so unreal that imho you aren't leaving much on the table by picking one brand over the other. For me it comes down to fun factor and ease of riding.

If I had to ride for pink slips through steep and deep trees......it would be on the Khaos that I have about 20 minutes seat time on.

Not that i would put a lot of emphasis on what i going to say but when i worked for BRP back in the early 2000-2008 it was common practice for the early intro models to make a fair bit more HP then the actual production model did the fallowing year.
Not saying that is the case with Polaris but BRP was known for it during the day to make sales with the demo's.
Could this be a case, don't know, not familiar with the brand.
But it's got me looking.

banditpowdercoat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A khaos is close to a alpha

Alpha being better for a few things, has great engine braking and back shift, where the khaos free wheels and your using the brakes constantly

And on its side, a khaos is easy to get over like a alpha, but at one point its over too far and your back and forth to keep it there

Where a alpha is easy to keep there as there's not really a tip point where your too far or not enough

Using the wash out the alpha can have to your advantage, fish hooking a tree well for example
Khaos won't do the same thing

That's just my take on a few different things between the two

So you spent lots of time on one? A Khaos that is.

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tates a few times and Lyndons loaner,
Also tried the Yama cat mountain max the same day as Lyndon had two demos, the yamacat and khaos

Was that the Matryx or Axy Khaos you rode Tex? I’ve found the Matryx chassis behaves slightly better in trees..

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was that the Matryx or Axy Khaos you rode Tex? I’ve found the Matryx chassis behaves slightly better in trees..
Was my axys. But he hardly gave it enough time to give a review. Lol. Funny how many guys I ride with regularly are switching over from other sleds... honestly the weight is biggest difference from others. Easier to get unstuck etc etc. I wouldn’t go back to doo.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not that i would put a lot of emphasis on what i going to say but when i worked for BRP back in the early 2000-2008 it was common practice for the early intro models to make a fair bit more HP then the actual production model did the fallowing year.
Not saying that is the case with Polaris but BRP was known for it during the day to make sales with the demo's.
Could this be a case, don't know, not familiar with the brand.
But it's got me looking.
Cat did the same with the early release 2018 ascenders, they had a way hotter tune than the production models that came 8 months later.

DV-ENT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was my axys. But he hardly gave it enough time to give a review. Lol. Funny how many guys I ride with regularly are switching over from other sleds... honestly the weight is biggest difference from others. Easier to get unstuck etc etc. I wouldn’t go back to doo.

Yup I suspected as much, that's the typical story with most people, they jump on a buddy's sled for 5 minutes and become knowledgeable on its characteristics both good and bad. I've spent well over an hour on a few different Alphas and still wouldn't begin to tell you that I know them well, I have spent a full season on a G4 and have a much better understanding of its characteristic's and that's why my personal preference for now is the axys, I will ride it until I find a sled I like more regardless of brand. Another part of my decision making will manufacturer and dealer support and whether or not I'm able to get parts. I don't want a sled that may or may not be around down the road.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Road yours twice eh lol

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup I suspected as much, that's the typical story with most people, they jump on a buddy's sled for 5 minutes and become knowledgeable on its characteristics both good and bad. I've spent well over an hour on a few different Alphas and still wouldn't begin to tell you that I know them well, I have spent a full season on a G4 and have a much better understanding of its characteristic's and that's why my personal preference for now is the axys, I will ride it until I find a sled I like more regardless of brand. Another part of my decision making will manufacturer and dealer support and whether or not I'm able to get parts. I don't want a sled that may or may not be around down the road.
Did ya read what I posted

Some of the things I noticed, different and have heard a few of the same things from poo guys, like the free wheel

Forgot one thing, the stupid poo bar end hooks, that would drive me nuts

Like the new GPS cluster poo has, they got all the other guys beat on that

Not even a word of doo in there lol

banditpowdercoat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love the bar hooks! Never ever slip off. And can hold the hardest of side hills with 2 fingers. Just kinda wish they were normal mtb or dirt bike style bars for looks really.

DV-ENT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really looking forward to trying the new chassis out next season, I don't personally know anyone that has tried it out but the reviews from those that have sure sound promising... gonna have 3 or 4 new sleds in our riding group next year 3 new doo turbos and 1 polaris turbo.... should keep me busy kicking guys off their sleds to give them all a go! and Im sure I'll be doing a lot of track poaching then as well... LMAO

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really looking forward to trying the new chassis out next season, I don't personally know anyone that has tried it out but the reviews from those that have sure sound promising... gonna have 3 or 4 new sleds in our riding group next year 3 new doo turbos and 1 polaris turbo.... should keep me busy kicking guys off their sleds to give them all a go! and Im sure I'll be doing a lot of track poaching then as well... LMAO
I hear ya there

From the posts I've seen, Mark Newman being one

The linx is a contender, he called it a more aggressive summit, and no t motion wobble

I should have tried that one loaner when swifty did, just too see

Top Bottom