Polaris ambassadors are saying the NA is the way to go!

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is a very interesting post snochuk and i can honestly relate to it.
This season i rode with a couple of dudes, one in particular but i bet it extends into the riding community with a few new turbo owners. Dudes buying turbo's when they or their riding style doesn't fit or apply or needs it.
Infact i found the same dudes i know becoming more gun shy and rode better with their previous non turbo sled. Is it their skill level not up to par for the extra 30 or so hp at the top or was it like they felt intimidated, don't know.
Now, no one would admit that but they did no justice to their new turbo, a N/A sled could give them a solid run.
Some hills need raw hp and some need precise plan of attack, a precise plan of attack on a N/A is sometimes easier, speed is good if you can control it.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This season i rode with a couple of dudes, one in particular but i bet it extends into the riding community with a few new turbo owners. Dudes buying turbo's when they or their riding style doesn't fit or apply or needs it.
Infact i found the same dudes i know becoming more gun shy and rode better with their previous non turbo sled. Is it their skill level not up to par for the extra 30 or so hp at the top or was it like they felt intimidated, don't know.
Now, no one would admit that but they did no justice to their new turbo, a N/A sled could give them a solid run.

Oh I am certainly a pin it kind of guy and have been all my life.
Certainly not afraid or the least bit intimidated as have owned higher hp sleds.
I am just past my prime in riding skills an before I pack it in I want to try the new iron that is out here.
Whether I need it or not, whether I can push the machine or not - I'm still gonna try it!
The turbo sealed the deal, but the chassis was the deal maker.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some hills need raw hp and some need precise plan of attack, a precise plan of attack on a N/A is sometimes easier, speed is good if you can control it.

That is a fact, i have seen so many chute climb fail's because the rider comes in too hot. The fail had nothing to do with the sled but all to do with the rider.
N/A or not being able to keep control is the key in using that power.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh I am certainly a pin it kind of guy and have been all my life.
Certainly not afraid or the least bit intimidated as have owned higher hp sleds.
I am just past my prime in riding skills an before I pack it in I want to try the new iron that is out here.
Whether I need it or not, whether I can push the machine or not - I'm still gonna try it!
The turbo sealed the deal, but the chassis was the deal maker.

Sorry i wasn't trying to pin you on your skill's, non whats so ever. I was just relating an observation of this season for me. I'm pushing 60 soon and have mellowed my style, maybe gotten smarter LOL.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its never a need its always a want. For me personally I need to keep my power to weight in check
icon7.png
lol.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry i wasn't trying to pin you on your skill's, non whats so ever. I was just relating an observation of this season for me. I'm pushing 60 soon and have mellowed my style, maybe gotten smarter LOL.

It's all good, just saying that I most certainly do not need a turbo sled.
I am well aware my skill level does not require one.
But why not get one.
There are many times an NA might be better, who cares!
People buying turbos want the fun power factor.
My brother is older than me and it took very little coaxing to get him on a turbo once he found out I was getting one.
Poor bugger is stuck on a Doo though
If it makes your day more fun I could care less what some pro rider suggests....really!
A turbo will make my day (and most everybody's) more fun.
Will it increase my skill level, doubtful, but when on the rail out I will have had a great time.
Base your sled on what you want - pro opinions....pffft.

rhody605

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The hype for the turbo I think makes some people buying crazy. Example: New guy in our group first year in mountains bought a hold over 2020 kaos 800. Getting stuck all the time. But was first year, to be expected. By end of season much better and keeping up with the group. Impulse ordered Kaos turbo... He can't even ride his current sled to its full potential. And was complaining about not affording to go on trips.... The N/A sleds can already get an inexperienced person into trouble. Let alone a turbo Frustrating.

But at least I might be able to get some seat time on it next year. LOL

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's why you want an Areocharger turbo. Then the plan of attack doesn't matter.
HeYman LHF can u TeLL more abouT the sticKeY aeroChargeR .... asking for a Friend .. how to TheY geT those bubbles iNN an AERO chocoLaTe BaR anYhoo.??? MaiNVaiN would be Proud !!! whY ceRaMiC baLLs and such a smaLL spring ... thought u LikKed Big HorsePoweR.... or are u jusT LikKe the sound of a Horse FaRT aLL DaY... kinda LiKe the FLuTTeR - BuG ... BHAAAAAAAAAA !!! asking foR the Laughing cowWW !! MoooowwwwWWWW !!! HoTsauce !! MeoW !!!

Last edited:

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com

These must be aftermarket turbo's, then I could believe your statement, as every rider out there will benefit from the ski-doo turbo, it is better in every way with zero, ZERO, downfall. If you say there is then go back to an 800 or 600 and tell me you are better off.

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
The hype for the turbo I think makes some people buying crazy. Example: New guy in our group first year in mountains bought a hold over 2020 kaos 800. Getting stuck all the time. But was first year, to be expected. By end of season much better and keeping up with the group. Impulse ordered Kaos turbo... He can't even ride his current sled to its full potential. And was complaining about not affording to go on trips.... The N/A sleds can already get an inexperienced person into trouble. Let alone a turbo Frustrating.

But at least I might be able to get some seat time on it next year. LOL

Can't compare aftermarket turbos to the only current factory turbo available, they are 100% different.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These must be aftermarket turbo's, then I could believe your statement, as every rider out there will benefit from the ski-doo turbo, it is better in every way with zero, ZERO, downfall. If you say there is then go back to an 800 or 600 and tell me you are better off.

Is the day coming where ski doo will no longer offer a N/A engine?

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maxresdefault.jpg

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't understand the 'my ____ already gets me into enough trouble, don't need even more ____' What trouble are these people referring to? On an underpowered or under tractioned machine you're riding at wide open throttle where you wouldn't have to if your machine was more capable. You've got nothing left when you start slowing down and you haven't turned out yet.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can tell you that on a 3-4ft blower pow day with limited visibility where throttle response and quick track speed are needed you won't be disappointed owning a turbo. They are a game breaker in those conditions

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I dont believe lund was referring to a aftermarket turbo.
There are ALOT more rookies on the hill this year, Does a green rider need a turbo?
Downfall to the turbo, harder on fuel, heavier, and a person needs to be conditioned physically to control the extra power, when the turbo begins to spool. There is a power surge in the turbo a NA sled does not have.

Top Bottom