Polaris ambassadors are saying the NA is the way to go!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m just curious, almost every Polaris sponsored rider and ambassador has come out and said the NA 850 slash is the way to go, not the boost version. Sort of undermines the integrity of their program when they are making it so obvious that they still need to sell snowmobiles that aren’t boosted because they don’t have any? It’s like a mass email went out to all these guys with exactly what to say to push NA sales. There isn’t one person that rides at elevation that would hop off a boosted factory machine with warranty snd say ya you know what I like that stocker Better lmao! Common! Anyways, I respect a lot of those Polaris ambassadors but seeing them Bend the truth so easily is bothersome. Your playing with someone’s 20-25k don’t give out false information. There are people that really look up to you and take what you say very seriously. do better.

True lies as O zone would say

I am calling out all of the Polaris ambassadors to live up to their word and ride NA 155 slash models all season and not post one video of how great the boost model is lol!

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The N/A 850 sleds will be great sleds but the only thing they have on the boosted one is availability in my opinion.

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I get the point that's being made, but people aren't stupid and can clearly see that the influencers are lying. No one's going to believe an NA sled is anything other than what it is.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is absolutely nothing wrong with the na sleds. Great sleds. Not everybody wants a turbo or needs one. Crap the na sleds get us into enough trouble. If I didn't buy a new one a few months ago I certainly would be ordering a na Polaris. Another point lots of turbo owners do not have the ability to run them. That's my 2 cents

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is absolutely nothing wrong with the na sleds. Great sleds. Not everybody wants a turbo or needs one. Crap the na sleds get us into enough trouble. If I didn't buy a new one a few months ago I certainly would be ordering a na Polaris. Another point lots of turbo owners do not have the ability to run them. That's my 2 cents

Don’t get me wrong the NA sleds are amazing. That’s not what I’m getting at. I’m just saying don’t sell it as the premium product for high elevation riders. Because it is not. Don’t tell me after having turbo snowmobiles their entire careers that now the NA is the ticket

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can snow check a non boost Matryx for $16000 (bare) compared to $24000 for boost. So if you throw a Ti-can on the Matryx it will be 45 lbs lighter than a boost model. Not everyone needs a boosted sled. The factory boosted sleds are great but the price point is getting expensive.

Attachments

• 3822AC25-6C80-4417-B6F0-52BF47F2843E.png
    3822AC25-6C80-4417-B6F0-52BF47F2843E.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 567

tundra twin track

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There isn’t one person that rides at elevation that would hop off a boosted factory machine with warranty and say ya you know what I like that stocker Better lmao!

I talked to one fellow who said exactly that he mentioned the T works very well but it would not be his first pick out of the entire line up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can snow check a non boost Matryx for $16000 (bare) compared to $24000 for boost. So if you throw a Ti-can on the Matryx it will be 45 lbs lighter than a boost model. Not everyone needs a boosted sled. The factory boosted sleds are great but the price point is getting expensive.

After riding chris and bens stuff, that may be the best option. Wow, those sleds work good.

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's also nothing wrong with the NA sled that everyone already owns though. For most people these Turbos offer a true upgrade that makes buying a sled worth it at all. It's been a very long time since going up 2-3 model years has offered anything besides going back to 0 on the odometer and shop bills covered on warranty.. we've had rider forward chassis and 115-125hp for sooooo long now. It's gotten old. Going up a 15% grade hill in 3' of snow at 6mph is not exciting.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's also nothing wrong with the NA sled that everyone already owns though. For most people these Turbos offer a true upgrade that makes buying a sled worth it at all. It's been a very long time since going up 2-3 model years has offered anything besides going back to 0 on the odometer and shop bills covered on warranty.. we've had rider forward chassis and 115-125hp for sooooo long now. It's gotten old. Going up a 15% grade hill in 3' of snow at 6mph is not exciting.

Bingo!

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of his guides rides a turbo Doo. LOL

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Apples and oranges.
24K is no a base model turbo - few options in that price.
Light weight hmmmmmm.........

But you are 100% correct - stock turbo cost is just nuts!
I don't need one, can maybe run it at 50% - but bought the dam thing anyways!
It was available and in the budget so what the hell......lol

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apples and oranges.
24K is no a base model turbo - few options in that price.
Light weight hmmmmmm.........

But you are 100% correct - stock turbo cost is just nuts!
I don't need one, can maybe run it at 50% - but bought the dam thing anyways!
It was available and in the budget so what the hell......lol

That is a very interesting post snochuk and i can honestly relate to it.
This season i rode with a couple of dudes, one in particular but i bet it extends into the riding community with a few new turbo owners. Dudes buying turbo's when they or their riding style doesn't fit or apply or needs it.
Infact i found the same dudes i know becoming more gun shy and rode better with their previous non turbo sled. Is it their skill level not up to par for the extra 30 or so hp at the top or was it like they felt intimidated, don't know.
Now, no one would admit that but they did no justice to their new turbo, a N/A sled could give them a solid run.

Top Bottom