Out Of School Suspension

foxrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got my first o.s.s yesterday and it takes affect today, so rather than going to a career fair I get to listen to my mom and here boyfriend fly off the handle about a bunch of hypocritical b.s.... What I did was, I put, "too bad we have a shitty math teacher" in a status yesterday. And somebody went and told a teacher and the teacher told my principal. I said what I said, and meant every word of it. Im normally a good kid, high grades, i keep my nose out of trouble. BUT people can go on facebook and make a hate group about me, tell me to fawk off numerous times, harass me, bully me, and degrade me, and conveniently everybody turns a blind eye to it, and when i do bring it up, the staff is so fricken lazy that they will talk to the student, ask them what they did wrong and how they can correct it, and send them on there way, but I break the rules once and I get my ass slammed. Hypocrisy really pisses me off.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got my first o.s.s yesterday and it takes affect today, so rather than going to a career fair I get to listen to my mom and here boyfriend fly off the handle about a bunch of hypocritical b.s.... What I did was, I put, "too bad we have a shitty math teacher" in a status yesterday. And somebody went and told a teacher and the teacher told my principal. I said what I said, and meant every word of it. Im normally a good kid, high grades, i keep my nose out of trouble. BUT people can go on facebook and make a hate group about me, tell me to fawk off numerous times, harass me, bully me, and degrade me, and conveniently everybody turns a blind eye to it, and when i do bring it up, the staff is so fricken lazy that they will talk to the student, ask them what they did wrong and how they can correct it, and send them on there way, but I break the rules once and I get my ass slammed. Hypocrisy really pisses me off.

Fawk that they cant suspend you for that! Whatever its a couple days off!

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Enjoy the days off..go quadding

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
send a letter too school board... if not have a great couple of days off

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how about grow the fawk up? who really cares about your shitty math teacher? just do as your told and get your work done....best you learn these little life lessons now rather than when it can cost you your job....it's called life

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2.....and what have you learned from your comment "too bad we have a shitty math teacher" ?

Hopefully, something about time and place of saying and typing things, eh!

I agree. Would you post "Too bad i have a chitty boss" once you have a career started and not be worried about him after? An out of school suspension is pretty stiff in my opinion but you do have to realize as Ferniesnow said, there is a time and a place for everything.

Open Season

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Facebook is evil IMO

I would have to disagree with that. I think that if you can't handle the reprocussions of posting crap on facebook then don't do it. I can't feel sorry for any one who decides to air all of their opinions on a public forum. I'm not saying the school was right to do what they did but everybody should know whats going to with posts like that made. Sorry but I can'y be sorry.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Off the facebook to say " too bad I have a chitty boss" maybe I can get a couple days off work ;)

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree. Would you post "Too bad i have a chitty boss" once you have a career started and not be worried about him after? An out of school suspension is pretty stiff in my opinion but you do have to realize as Ferniesnow said, there is a time and a place for everything.

i would
i dont add people from work, and i have the highest privacy setting
so ya LOL

but its not the case and i never actually update my status so whatever

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

your first wtf man what are you in grade 2?:confused::confused:

lol jk congrats extra long weekend for you and another one next week. enjoy.
dang facebook, friend of ours their child was being bullied at school mom posted about it on fb status that teachers/principle should do something about it, well she got called into the office:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: they said it was inappropriate to post like that :confused:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
your first wtf man what are you in grade 2?:confused::confused:

lol jk congrats extra long weekend for you and another one next week. enjoy.
dang facebook, friend of ours their child was being bullied at school mom posted about it on fb status that teachers/principle should do something about it, well she got called into the office:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: they said it was inappropriate to post like that :confused:

and my reply would be that it's inappropriate for them as professionals not to promptly deal with the situation...

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think one time in elementary school my buddy said that his english teacher was dumb, should they come and take his diploma away? fawkin' please, get over yourselves and grow up.

If people don't think that their bosses'/co-workers/high school teachers never said anything bad about them..C'mon..... So what, the kid put his opinion on facebook. Does it make it any less of an opinion if he says it out loud to his buddies at the bike rack instead? At least on facebook he has to be accountable for his actions because his name is there beside it in black and white, he didn't try to hide it.

Suspension? Poor approach IMO (and that's just my online forum opinion LOL :D), teacher should have pulled him aside and had a chat about his facebook comments and why he felt that way. If it was me as the student, that would have earned the teacher more respect from me anyway. Ask them why they think you suck and ask them to politely take it off facebook. If the student is still insubordinate, then you step it up to the principal or the district. Teacher just ratted to the administration and made it their problem instead of dealing with it directly. In high school they try and teach you to be adults and help you mature - being a tattletale is how a 6 yr old handles things, not grown-ups.

That being said, foxrider if you got a problem with a teacher then you take it up with the teacher, same kind of deal - posting something on facebook is kinda weak IMO. You've never told us why you posted the comment in the first place, maybe whatever issue you had with the teacher could have been taken up directly with him/her like real adults do, not trying to be badass's on facebook.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and my reply would be that it's inappropriate for them as professionals not to promptly deal with the situation...

X2 - she probably got called in because she outed their lack of situational control.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
freedom of speech and common sense are two separate concepts which if not used in conjunction with one another are useless.....

Just sayin

Top Bottom