Oilers

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a good news article on the net about the July 1st spending frenzy and about so many questionable big money deals. Not really any value for the big money.

How about Bucky being made assistant coach. Should bring and interesting dynamic to the team.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Ya, I Agree Zrrrr.... That Will Bring Another Dimension To The Oil. I Can See The Old Boy's Club Starting To Shift To A Younger Management. And I Agree, That After This Initial Splurge Of Spending, There Will Still Be Some Very Good Ft Players Available!!!!

Scottishpride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, I Agree Zrrrr.... That Will Bring Another Dimension To The Oil. I Can See The Old Boy's Club Starting To Shift To A Younger Management. And I Agree, That After This Initial Splurge Of Spending, There Will Still Be Some Very Good Ft Players Available!!!!

...oilers suck still.

als just some random hockey news. redden got traded to the rangers which sucks. because my school has to do a full makeover because thats where redden went to school and was actually friends with my dad but yeah that sucks for the school.

G

Guest1

SUCKS, WHEN NOBODY WANTS TO GO READ YOUR "OTHER" POST, EH?? LOL :beer::d:beer:

LMPhAO!!!

I know this is an OILERS are LOSERS thread but CBJ just got FLEECED!!!

KRISTIAN HUSELIUS
2007-08 Team: Flames
2007-08 Salary: $1.4 million
The Stats: 81 GP, 41 A, 66 PTS
Signs With: Blue Jackets
New Contract: 4-years, $19M

Hahhahahahahahahahahaha

OVER!!!

ps...GO LEAFS GO

Waxy

Reaction score
I think once again Lowe has done a good job. He stayed the hell out of the ridiculous spending frenzy that's going on and got good value via the trade.

I kinda hate to see Torres and Stoll go, Pitkanen I could take or leave, and losing Glencross, especially to the lames, really sucked, but -

Visnovsky is a solid D man, and just what the Oil needed, a really good skating, puck moving defencemen has been their weakest link. Combine him with a healthy Souray and the other young talent on the blueline, and the Oil are set for the future.

Erik Cole is a steal of deal, if someone had told me couple years ago he would be an Oiler, I would have laughed out loud. He may not be quite the same since his neck injury, but word is he's better than 100% healthwise, and I think he has huge upside potential.

I don't know much about Brule, but he was a high draft choice, maybe the right environment and game plan will turn him around. Here's hoping...

It would have been sweet to see Hossa in an Oiler uniform, but I figured that was pipe dream. Hopefully Lowe/Katz continue to keep their heads and don't overpay for someone out of desperation. I think reality will set back in and some of these teams are going to be serious kicking themselves in the ass for the amount of money they've been throwing around. $10 million a season for a 38 year old Mats Sundin? Can you say retarded?

Every year, just like with the Riders (REPEAT!), I think the Oilers have a legitimate chance, but this year I'm more excited than I have been in a long time. It'll be a bit of a struggle with this much youth, but if they can get it together, Garon stays healthy and Roloson comes up big when called on, I think the sky's the limit...

Waxy

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think that the GM for Edmonton have trouble acquiring big name cause they hate - 35 deg in the winter here heheh

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What does that say about the lack of talent for the Flames.
Sorta agree we have a lack of talent is some areas.
But you cant compare the Flames to a Team that choked on their own BONE and MISSED the PLAY-OFFS.:eek:

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curtis Glencross was a good pic up and a good fit for the Flames . He should play in the top 6 forwards where he would have played the 4th line on the oilers .
Flames top 6 forwards made the playoffs:d
Oilers 4 lines choked on each others bones and had a case of chin dribbles:eek:

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorta agree we have a lack of talent is some areas.
But you cant compare the Flames to a Team that choked on their own BONE and MISSED the PLAY-OFFS.:eek:

Both teams are making production (albeit, the Flames are... a little slow, but that's normal.) so time will tell....

G

Guest1

the Flames Are a Little Slow

And Tough...Bertuzzi Returns To Canada, Signs One-year Deal With Flames

As much as I hate what he did to Steve Moore the guy can still play and good to see him in the FLAMIN "C"

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And Tough...Bertuzzi Returns To Canada, Signs One-year Deal With Flames

As much as I hate what he did to Steve Moore the guy can still play and good to see him in the FLAMIN "C"

WE GOT BERTUZZI?
agree he is a good player, to bad about the mishap

Top Bottom