Who owns Spotx?

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always get billed by spotx this time of the month for about 16-17 dollars, this month nothing. But low and behold Ray-Ban charges me almost 17 dollars. So i search Rayban and they have their fingers in some interesting stuff. So do any of you guys own a spotx and find your being billed from Ray-Ban.com.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got billed today, spot Covington LA is what bills me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always get billed by spotx this time of the month for about 16-17 dollars, this month nothing. But low and behold Ray-Ban charges me almost 17 dollars. So i search Rayban and they have their fingers in some interesting stuff. So do any of you guys own a spotx and find your being billed from Ray-Ban.com.
Do you know what they’re billing you for?
What is Spotx?

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a monthly bill, so my spotx works all year round. I think i can have 30 text messages per month with that bill. Spotx is kind of a satellite cell phone that work anywhere in the world and gives your positions when you text someone. A lot of BC does not have cell coverage. But i am sure my latest bill was from Ray-Ban.com just waiting to see if anyone can confirm this to be true'

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spot is owned by Globalstar. Ray-Ban is owned by Luxottica.

No major ownership overlaps that I can see.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay i contacted spotx support they could not answer the question so they bumped me up to superviser who could, they said they are indeed spot and not rayban. So more time on the phone to contact the charge company, so the charge company has to trace the bank routing numbers from spot and the rayban name to see if they are the same. I turns out the routing numbers match up. 30 minutes of wasted time. I never knew this mistake could ever happen.

Top Bottom