Status
Not open for further replies.

glacier mt lodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.glaciermountainlodge.com
Re: "Offical" Updates and Conditons for Blue River

There is only two reasons not to contribute to a grooming program. The first is that there isn't a program and second an existing program isn't effective. You have to ask yourself who is a grooming program for? The nice clerk at the service station? Nope, you and I friends, the end user. So do your part.

Now the other side to the story. Having been in this silly sport for 30+ years I guess I 've seen just about every grooming program from the fantastic ones in the east to the northern states to fledgeling ones like Blue River. The point? Well we arrive in BR tonight, ride Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday. If the trails we choose are groomed and in decent shape, we'll get our $15 to the operators no matter if there is somebody at the trailhead or not. Pounded trails however will not be supported but the reason will be transmitted to the operator. Simple system eh?

Do your snow dance.

The only time we will ask for any $$ is if in fact the trail is groomed and in good shape we will have to charge for a couple of days to just recoup our costs. We are trying to be fair and do the absolute best we can so again please contribute it is the only way we can manage the areas

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca

the only time we will ask for any $$ is if in fact the trail is groomed and in good shape we will have to charge for a couple of days to just recoup our costs. We are trying to be fair and do the absolute best we can so again please contribute it is the only way we can manage the areas

our group all contributed last weekend in blue river for grooming, even though blueberry rd was't groomed, and i hope we contributed our little part..... Thanks for use of the area(blue river), as it is unique.;)

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The trails were not groomed in Blue when we were there and while at the gas station Sledderglen and I did not pay the $15, no sir, we paid $20 each. Blue is struggling to get started and keep areas open FOR US!!! Don't be so friggin cheap:rant::nono::rant:

newfiedoo

Reaction score

if you go to valemont you pay....go to mcbride you pay...so why should blue river be any different....been to both valemont and mcbride several times in past years where the trails werent groomed for days but they still collected their money for grooming. grooming costs money ...no money no grooming.

MXOldtimer

Reaction score

As it turned out, no issue. Just got down from Ground Hog. Trail was perfect, light was so flat tree riding was the only choice. A foot of new by noon, with a little aggresion there is over the hood stuff in the back country. Nice to see the area, hope for snow all night, good light tomorrow. Money is in the box at the Holy Smoke.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

yes fin/ground hog was just groomed saturday and that trailis normaly good, steve said when he went to groom it that it was still in good shape and made for easy grooming

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

well it has been snowing all day today and id say it snowed at least a good foot finaly some fresh powder and now that we have a good decent base it should be fun riding this weekend

glacier mt lodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website

The Plan is to groom Coulies Wednesday, North Blue Thursday and leave Ground Hog because the trail was in great shape and why wreck the new fresh powder on top of a groomed trail.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

well tried to get into the finger bowls today with jarrid and dave from absolute power and performance with 3 feet fresh up top t sure was hard breaking trail on the thunder way on the de activated road 2 switchbacks of woops and side hills, didnt make it to the alpine cause we couldnt find the trail into the trees, but we had a blast playing cat and mouse with the new growth trees, excelnt powder, they said they havent seen snow like that since revy thats great to here, to bad dave didnt have his turbo working lol sorry no pics, but any weekend any of you guys are up here send me a PM

Taz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

well tried to get into the finger bowls today with jarrid and dave from absolute power and performance with 3 feet fresh up top t sure was hard breaking trail on the thunder way on the de activated road 2 switchbacks of woops and side hills, didnt make it to the alpine cause we couldnt find the trail into the trees, but we had a blast playing cat and mouse with the new growth trees, excelnt powder, they said they havent seen snow like that since revy thats great to here, to bad dave didnt have his turbo working lol sorry no pics, but any weekend any of you guys are up here send me a PM

Hey DR we're going to head up there on the 20th for the weekend if we can get a room, I just got back from Mexico and I,m twitching to go.:specool: I will probably have to do some :kissass: with my wife but it'll be a go...lol

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

well the trail for the poker run is now groomed and ready for saturday!! And i would like to mkae a note for sledders deciding to sled through town, there is a backway you can go to avoid most of the houses, sure some people dont mind, and i realy appeciate that you guys are trying to keep the noise down, i will post a map with a route youi can take to avoid most of the houses

glacier mt lodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website

Grooming the North Blue Trail and Finn Creek ( Ground Hog).

Ground Hog on Thursday North Blue on Friday. Remember to stop at the booths and contribute your $15 its the only way we can keep grooming. The Booth at North Blue will be at the power line where the snow bridge joins the road.

Thanks and ride safe!

Last edited:

gg1300

Reaction score

I know a couple of guys with King Signs out of Edmonton that go out of their way to save the $15 pass. I think it is lame when guys have thousands in new sleds but are too cheap to pay for grooming. Maybe we should start calling out these types to embarrass them into chipping in.

glacier mt lodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website

I know a couple of guys with King Signs out of Edmonton that go out of their way to save the $15 pass. I think it is lame when guys have thousands in new sleds but are too cheap to pay for grooming. Maybe we should start calling out these types to embarrass them into chipping in.
Hey maybe they should ride today it's free but you have to ride at 5km\hr the bumps are over 2ft deep and about 2 ft apart for 25-30kms that sound like it's worth saving 30 bucks. I also need a new neon sign but i want it for nothing you think King Signs can help me out?

Bill

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

hey bill i seen steve had the groomer out, did he do the fin road?

glacier mt lodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website

hey bill i seen steve had the groomer out, did he do the fin road?

Groomed Finn all the way to Salmon lake where we start up the block also into Ground Hog, Today grooming the North Blue hopefully to the chute at Paradise. We are moving the booth to the power line where the snow bridge meets the road so everyone have your $15 with you.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

i just another north blue area that we are breaking trail into tomorow

REVINATOR#1

Reaction score

hey pr aka doo rider,waiting for the news on how the weekend went with the film crew. coundn't make it up this weekend due to bad cold.was going to come up with mo but felt like crap.hope you guys had a good ride and everything went well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom