"Official" Updates and Conditions for Blue River

Status
Not open for further replies.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
hey guys and gals every one is welcome to post pics and conditions here about blue river and its wonderful virgin pow !! i will update after school:d

Last edited by a moderator:

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Re: offical updates and conditons for blue river

hey guys rember that paridise/grail is more of a later season ride so yes the creeks would still be open and almost unn accecible sorry, and remember this is still early season snow so lot of areas will difer from others

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

---------- Cariboos ----------
Thursday Friday Saturday
Alpine 4 - HIGH 4 - HIGH 4 - HIGH
Treeline 3 - CONSIDERABLE 3 - CONSIDERABLE 3 - CONSIDERABLE
Below Treeline 2 - MODERATE 2 - MODERATE 2 - MODERATE
---------- Monashees & Selkirks ----------
Thursday Friday Saturday
Alpine 3 - CONSIDERABLE 3 - CONSIDERABLE 3 - CONSIDERABLE
Treeline 3 - CONSIDERABLE 3 - CONSIDERABLE 3 - CONSIDERABLE
Below Treeline 2 - MODERATE 2 - MODERATE 2 - MODERATE

theres the avy for cast as well guys

edit the other one was a differnt region sorry

Last edited:

glacier mt lodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.glaciermountainlodge.com

We have some guys going to go in hopefully this weekend to the Holy Grail and Paridise to see if it is doable and to open the proper trail because it looks nothing like it did last year. Will let you know the conditions on it after.

glacier mt lodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website

This is from the BLUE RIVER POWDER PACKERS SNOWMOBILE CLUB

Attention Sledders
Blue River

There is a new parking lot 1 km north left onto Blue Berry (dump) road a sign is posted on the airport sign with an arrow indicating the upcoming turn then follow the signs. Please Angle Park starting at the east left corner and use only as much room as you need that way we can accommodate everyone. This is the central parking lot for White River, Par berry, Cook Creek, Holy Grail, Paradise, South Blue (Horse Shoe). At The back of the parking lot there are road signs directing you to the areas. Do not park on Red Sands (big bear) road around the heliport and airport. Do not ride near or alongside the airport or CN rails tracks.

Riding sleds in town Is against the law and the RCMP have had many complaints and must now enforce this Also this has been used against sledders in our land use negotiations and access to the back country. We need to show everyone that we are responsible law abiding citizens and a strong economic force not a bunch of yahoos as some would like to describe us or we will lose all our areas.

For the Coulies please park at the sub station. Do not block the gate to station!

Please fill out a wild life sighting sheet when you get back from riding and drop it off at Holy Smoke Inn or Glacier Mountain Lodge. Available at the parking lot booths.

Please Park in the designated Snowmobile parking areas only

IT is essential to the future of our riding areas that all wildlife closures be respected.

“Pack Out What you Pack In”

Blue River Thanks you For Sledding Here

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

hey GML is bill going to be riding this weekend?

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

the was 4 inches of fresh snow on there ground and was still snowing hard when left

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

hey guys, blowing snow so whatch the leeward sides of the mountains cause they are the sides you want to stay off of for avalances, stick to the windward sides

Taz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

"Riding sleds in town Is against the law and the RCMP have had many complaints and must now enforce this Also this has been used against sledders in our land use negotiations and access to the back country"

Does this mean we can't take off from your parking lot any more????

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

IMO i think you can take off from the glaciers lot to go up coulies, but anywhere else you should trailor

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

hey is anyone coming sledding blue on the weekend, would like to head up for a ride on sat, if no one minds taking a 16 year old out throw me a PM

glacier mt lodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website

Our first ever avalanche seminar in Blue river was a huge success thank you to all who participated and a big thanks to the course instructor Ian Eakins of Wells Grey Adventure Tours 250-587-6446 who donated back his fee to the Blue River Powder Packers. Ian's one day seminar was fun and very informative with a direct focus on sledding. We will be putting on another seminar in the new year.

glacier mt lodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website

Groomed Ground Hog and the Coulies yesterday,Will groom again on the 26th and as needed after that these are the only trails we can groom right now until we see more snow. Forecast for some big snow mid week keeping our fingers crossed. Please remember to stop by the booths and donate your $15.00 to keep our grooming going without everyones support we could never afford to keep going. A big thanks to the 75 riders who all generously donated at Ground Hog last weekend.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

trying to snow right now and has warmed up to -22 instead of -37

DUSTINSPELLMAN

Reaction score

Apperntly it snowed alot in valemont over the weekend. Is this true my bud was there last weekend and said it not very good it was all pounded out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom