"Official" Updates and Conditions for Blue River

Status
Not open for further replies.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Re: "Offical" Updates and Conditons for Blue River

miles it was awsome, they got the shots they wanted of the boaders and a couple shots of sleds, but they said it most likly wont air till next winter :(, kinda up set that the one bowl we left for them to try was a ll riped up the day before from wigley see you next weekend

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

snowing right now in blue, looked to be snowing heavy, lets hope for good snow!! cant wait to see it in the morn

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Going to be there this Sat/Sun. 6 for sure maybe 9 of us . What are your plans for saturday Polarisryder. We are planning to go to North Blue and then Paradise or Holy Grail. Bringing a young shovel crew in case no trail to nerth blue yet. Interested P.R.

glacier mt lodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.glaciermountainlodge.com

When there is a call out for a helicopter rescue, there is a number given to the company by pep for payment. I just wanted to clear this up, so people do not think the companies just do it.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

snochuck not sure on the plan yet, couple of other riding buddies are coming up as welland north blue isnt quite my kinda riding, and the snow isnt the best right now

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Is north blue not an open area above the cut block that you sidehill, never been there but googled it. What are the conditions like that you don't want to go there.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

oh well when we were up holy grail the snow is hero snow, and im not a big fan on hill climbing i like playing in trees and boon docking

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

oh well when we were up holy grail the snow is hero snow, and im not a big fan on hill climbing i like playing in trees and boon docking

I see, we're not big climbers as most of our sleds are stock. We've just never been way back into north blue so we want to check it out. Try dooing as many new places each year as possible. Have a good weekend riding with your buds, we'll let you know how north blue turned out. Hopefully some fresh before weekend.

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

How is the Blue River area for riders with only a few trips to mountains?

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I took some green riders into fin creek also known as groundhog this year and had lots of fun. There is always an 'easy way' to get around. I haven't been anywhere else in but id go to fin again. Maybe this weekend??? are the conditions so so right now (I don't mind searching a bit for good snow but climbing in hardpack gets old fast) or is the snow in the last couple days going to make some good riding?

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

just so you guys know, i will be baby sitting the trucks at the north blue lot and the other lots around the town area, not finn or foam, sorry, look for me with my cold wave jacket on

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thats very good of you polarisryder. Maybe some tips are in order guys

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

well it snowed, i say about onther 6 inches in town today, so lets hope up top theres 2 feet to rip up!!

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Rode Finn Creek Yesterday and was very inpressed. There was 6 inches from the night before that covered up the tracks from the couple of days prior. Most places there was about 2 feet or so (will post pics in a couple days as I don't have the camera) Solid base and heavyish powder snow (it was hovering around freezing) made for good traction : ) Can't wait to ride again this weekend! I have rode this area twice now and would like to try a new area or two in blue this weekend. i like pretty much everything except trails (trees, climbing, small drops etc) I have heard about holy grail but not sure where the parking lot is, how long of a trail, when it's groomed, etc. Any info would be appreciated.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Rode Blue River on Feb 28 and luck was no where near us. One mod quit in parking lot, took crank seal out of an 826 doo in Big Blue but managed to limp it back to town. CJ and I continued to ride to the back of big blue and photoed a chopper retrieval of a sled...turned out to be some people i knew from back at the farm. We then went to the third bowl in Paradise where I took out my top end and siezed it solid. Down to one sled when we returned to town. I can not say enough about the people who stepped up to the plate to help us out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jason gave us his sled so the four in our group could double in to try get my sled out as we only had one sled left. Nobody in town could find a tobogan after a valiant search so Ken from Specialty Sleds gave us his "sled carpet" which I have to return to him...thanks it worked great. The four of us set out at 8:00 PM to get the sled as the weather was for snow, we got to the sled at about 9:30(and it had snowed about 3") and after an incredible amount of hand pulling up all the hills we couldn't tow up we were back in town at 04:00AM!!! Sc#@%w chooppering out sleds!!! GML let us sleep till noon on a free late checkout....I think Tony? thought we were nuts. Hope we don't have to do this again soon...if someone asked me to work that hard at work I'd quit on the spot.:d Once again a big THANKS TO EVERYONE who helped us out!!!:clap2::thumbsup2:

glacier mt lodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.glaciermountainlodge.com

Rode Blue River on Feb 28 and luck was no where near us. One mod quit in parking lot, took crank seal out of an 826 doo in Big Blue but managed to limp it back to town. CJ and I continued to ride to the back of big blue and photoed a chopper retrieval of a sled...turned out to be some people i knew from back at the farm. We then went to the third bowl in Paradise where I took out my top end and siezed it solid. Down to one sled when we returned to town. I can not say enough about the people who stepped up to the plate to help us out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jason gave us his sled so the four in our group could double in to try get my sled out as we only had one sled left. Nobody in town could find a tobogan after a valiant search so Ken from Specialty Sleds gave us his "sled carpet" which I have to return to him...thanks it worked great. The four of us set out at 8:00 PM to get the sled as the weather was for snow, we got to the sled at about 9:30(and it had snowed about 3") and after an incredible amount of hand pulling up all the hills we couldn't tow up we were back in town at 04:00AM!!! Sc#@%w chooppering out sleds!!! GML let us sleep till noon on a free late checkout....I think Tony? thought we were nuts. Hope we don't have to do this again soon...if someone asked me to work that hard at work I'd quit on the spot.:d Once again a big THANKS TO EVERYONE who helped us out!!!:clap2::thumbsup2:

Glad you guys made it back....I hope your next trip to Blue is a better one with sleds.
The late check out was not a problem at all..:d:beer:

Lex

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca

Sounds like you had a good ride, though..... Too bad about your engine chuk..... You gonna have it back together by the 20th?? We're heading there then....

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I will probably have something running by then. It think the wife has totally lost it...She told me to go get a new one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:d

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca

I will probably have something running by then. It think the wife has totally lost it...She told me to go get a new one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:d

THAT'S WHAT MY WIFE TOLD ME 2 YEARS AGO TOO...... WORRIED I'D BREAK DOWN IN THE MOUNTAINS, SO GO BUY A NEW ONE...... :d:d:d:d:d

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom