Status
Not open for further replies.

glacier mt lodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.glaciermountainlodge.com
Re: "Offical" Updates and Conditons for Blue River

leaving today for blue and vale. how rough is the north blue(blue berry) trail up to the paridise turn off. How is the creek bed farther up to the grail.

The trail up was good as of a week ago, we are not grooming until avalanche conditions improve ( Liability concerns) I would think the going up the creek past Paridise will be good, the trail has ribbons Just be careful in the narrow steep parts look at everything and only go if you feel things will not slide. Don't second guess yourself!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca

leaving today for blue and vale. How rough is the north blue(blue berry) trail up to the paridise turn off. How is the creek bed farther up to the grail.

blueberry trail is getting pretty whooped up, but more snow will fill lots in. The last climb into holy grail looked real bad - our group never even attempted it (too avalanchy lookin'), because if you never made it on first try, you'd be done(no real turnout safety space). North blue not broke into yet(need to shovel trail). Trail up to paradise is good, but several smaller avalanches coming down around the trail.... Should be good, just be careful. Up in paradise, it really was paradise. Cattails and bushes up through the trail, just before the north blue branch off, is quite brutal.... Another 3 ft snow and most will be gone.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

ric im clearly jealus youve been to paradise before i have, lol

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca

ric im clearly jealus youve been to paradise before i have, lol

AND PARADISE IS TRULY THAT.... IF SNOW WAS BETTER, COULD'VE DONE WAY MORE HIGHMARKING, BUT AS IT WAS, ONLY 3 OF OUR GUYS WERE DOOIN' THAT;)..... REST OF US SITTING IN AVY TERRITORY. VERY COOL PLACE, AND WILL BE BACK THERE FOR SURE:d

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

so ric, should we book you a room for the first weekend after mm2? haha :D

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca

so ric, should we book you a room for the first weekend after mm2? Haha :d

na, supposed to be in tylerg's poker rally feb 7th.....maybe end of february sometime?? Might have to bring daughter to that one, though????

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Just got home. Rode paradise thursday and into the holy grail on friday. The entire area is down about at least 6 feet on snow from last year. The creek up into paradise is a little sketchy as usual but once in was great. The grail was insane on friday with blue skies, great snow and a huge crowd of 5 sleds. The upper snowpack has consolidated but the giant still sleeps down deep. tread very lightly my friends.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

well me and couple other guys went into fin creek today witch was groomed today also, and it as a beautiful blue bird day but it was cold, lol. the snow is realy settled but in the trees there was some fun snow

Goodfeller

Reaction score

Hey Bradley

I was in town on Thurday, went up Paradise with Jimmy really nice, pretty sun affected onSolar aspects but still nice snow in spots, easy to get in fast comming out the chute. If I knew you skipped school so often I would have called you to try out your new found rev.

Attachments

• Jan 18 051E.jpg
    Jan 18 051E.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 53
  • Jan 18 038E.jpg
    Jan 18 038E.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 45
Last edited by a moderator:

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Hey Badley

I was in town on Thurday, went up Paradise with Jimmy really nice, pretty sun affected onSolar aspects but still nice snow in spots, easy to get in fast comming out the chute. If I knew you skipped school so often I would have called you to try out your new found rev.

Hey Goodfeller, were you the two guys we met comming out at the bottom of the chute thursday afternoon?

Last edited by a moderator:

Goodfeller

Reaction score

Yep that was us, did you go back to the lake past our tracks?

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

No, we didnt get to far in, the weather started to close in on us so we just stayed in the trees to the right of the first lake.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

We were out there the weekend before, only a few of us could make it up the chute so we stayed and played in the one bowl before. When we left we herd a big crash, avy..

Hmmm... didnt see anything. there was some big cornice chunks on the northwest side of the first lake but those looked like they had come down awhile ago. Seems like the whole area is so down on snow that alot of aspects that i expected to be bad were'nt even loaded, But i wouldnt take anything for granted.

glacier mt lodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.glaciermountainlodge.com

Grooming

The plan for next weeks grooming Jan 29th tru 1st, Ground hog, Coulies, North Blue to Paradise, Holy Grail. We need everyone to contribute their $15.00 at the booths other wise we can not continue to groom. There is a booth at the Finn Creek parking lot to groundhog, also a booth at the Myrtle lake road access right by the power station, the river is bridged so you can ride to Blueberry Rd (North Blue Rd) Please stop at that booth and pay your fee. if you park at the new parking lot at Blueberry Rd ( Dump) we will have someone there to collect fees also. Please do your part so that we can continue to groom we really need every $ we can get just to sustain a reasonable trail system.

Thanks
Bill

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Come on people. i talked to steave about grooming on thursday and he told me about all the people who refused to pay grooming fees last time they set up the booths.
What the hell is wrong with you people???? are you that cheap or just ignorant. the people of blue river are putting a ton of work in to develope this area. Its 15 dollars, Have some respect for these people and their efforts.
Only through organized management will we be able to have continued access to these riding areas. If you think blue river is still the wild west and you shouldnt have to pay fees,think again you are only cutting your own throats.

MXOldtimer

Reaction score

There is only two reasons not to contribute to a grooming program. The first is that there isn't a program and second an existing program isn't effective. You have to ask yourself who is a grooming program for? The nice clerk at the service station? Nope, you and I friends, the end user. So do your part.

Now the other side to the story. Having been in this silly sport for 30+ years I guess I 've seen just about every grooming program from the fantastic ones in the east to the northern states to fledgeling ones like Blue River. The point? Well we arrive in BR tonight, ride Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday. If the trails we choose are groomed and in decent shape, we'll get our $15 to the operators no matter if there is somebody at the trailhead or not. Pounded trails however will not be supported but the reason will be transmitted to the operator. Simple system eh?

Do your snow dance.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

well you know we can just strop grooming all together and see how people like it? the trail would be so rough it will take an hour to get up the trail. sure thats how it was back then but wouldnt it be nice to have a groomed trail where you can do 80 km the whole way and not have a sore body by the time you get up the trail? the people that realy know how hard we work will contribute money no matter what

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom