Official REVY Riding Conditions 2015/16

Gunnerthesnowman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was out last weekend , first time in 2 years and we had decks , love my trailer , but as you say , good for longer trips and parking in the main lots, looks like you just got a fresh dump

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just left Revy. Was bumper deep all week till today. It was clear and cold last night. The Snow locked up and set. Going home till the next system comes.

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a pretty awesome weekend in revy. Meet up with some awesome guys from Ed and tumbler ridge. Was planning on climbing chutes on sat but the snow was ridiculous deep in them and we only made it about 3/4 the way up swenny and the 90. Some one had some serious power in the 90 on Friday afternoon. We made a track to the mouth of it and who ever was there after we left had a single track from the corner to the top. I guess I'll get the 90 next year.....
Also the guys that needed the clutch spring in the parking lot for the pro PM me would like to meet up and climb some stupid s**t next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Reaction score
we groom Boulder sometimes 4 times a day and some people still complain, imagine if word got out we groomed out there and 200 guys show up, better be ready.

i've rode up boulder a few times right behind the groomer. sometimes it doesn't do a very good job. It just knocks the very tops off.

something is set up wrong on that thing. Need more weight maybe? By no means an expert, but that groomer should do a better job than it does. If you got the groomer set up better you'd probably only have to groom half as often.

obviously below the frost line you cant do much. but comparing to other areas that see big traffic...Eagles, Clemina etc they seem to be able to get their trails much smoother.

extrmsled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the trail is what it is
last weekend trails on boulder and frisby were smooth up at 8 am and down at 6:30 pm
best trails ive ever seen and not groomed in the day either
temperature is the biggest factor

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't want this to start a huge debate, however I couldn't agree more on the set up of the groomer. I too rode up in the am after a fresh groom, as well as down at night after a fresh groom and it seems like it is not taking out the whoops. It just seems over the last year or 2 that the groomer is not working as well as in the past.

That's my 2 cents.

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought the trail was fantastic on the weekend especially since no groomer in the world can groom slush. They have the trail smooth as glass in the am and since it was frosty it's like Tokyo drift going up. I broke a throttle cable early in the day and headed down at 10:30 ish on buddies sled. Trail was still in great shape and the groomer operator was warming up the groomer for the mid day groom when I got down. I got some parts and headed back up around 12:30 and the trail was freshly groomed right to the cabin. we then rode till 5ish and I meet the groomer on the way down. I think they are doing a great job for a small fee of $20. If anyone complains I think they should go ride 51. U will have great appreciation for how nice the trail is.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't want this to start a huge debate, however I couldn't agree more on the set up of the groomer. I too rode up in the am after a fresh groom, as well as down at night after a fresh groom and it seems like it is not taking out the whoops. It just seems over the last year or 2 that the groomer is not working as well as in the past.

That's my 2 cents.
It because the temp has been higher the last two years, pretty much all winter both years

Grooming needs time and cold to set hard, no cold to set up === 10 sleds and it's woops again

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
We are grooming and collecting trail fees this wk. and this wknd. We are making a decision next Mon. at our general meeting if we will continue the grooming program this season.
I think it will be the end, tough on machines and staff now, we have been at it since the middle of Nov.
Thanks everyone for purchasing memberships with the Club this season we are 731 strong and thanks to those who came to Revelstoke to ride. We have had a very busy winter. Numbers are way up.
Annual General Meeting is Sat. Apr. 30 at the Regent Inn.

You guys that have complaints should contact our office with a call or an email when you have a problem, contact info here.

Revelstoke Snowmobile Club | Est. 1968, Snowmobiling in Revelstoke- Area 51, Boulder Mtn, Frisby Mtn, Griffin, Turtle, Begbie, Joss, McRae, Keystone, Sale, Caribou Basin, Hall

Reaction score
It because the temp has been higher the last two years, pretty much all winter both years

Grooming needs time and cold to set hard, no cold to set up === 10 sleds and it's woops again

There are woops literally right behind the groomer, and this is above the frost line.

I buy a membership every year because i like to support the club. This is constructive criticism. I know alot of work goes into it.

I ride boulder ~2 times a season. both times this year there were woops right behind the groomer. A better job could be done.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are woops literally right behind the groomer, and this is above the frost line.

I buy a membership every year because i like to support the club. This is constructive criticism. I know alot of work goes into it.

I ride boulder ~2 times a season. both times this year there were woops right behind the groomer. A better job could be done.
How, that's the worst time to hit the groomed trail, is fresh right behind the groomer

Think about it, if it can sit over nite and set up it Gets hard, fresh cut snow and warm is soft forever

I'm glad u like to support the club and all, ( which is awsome) but belly aching about the woops with conditions not for grooming is retarded, just saying

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
How, that's the worst time to hit the groomed trail, is fresh right behind the groomer

Think about it, if it can sit over nite and set up it Gets hard, fresh cut snow and warm is soft forever

I'm glad u like to support the club and all, ( which is awsome) but belly aching about the woops with conditions not for grooming is retarded, just saying

No its not retarded! It is an opinion!

I spent many days this winter riding Boulder and the grooming was not effectively cutting the tops and filling in the holes (whoops).

This concern has been raised and brought up with the revy club all winter.

I know we have some new groomer operators, longer track sleds, burping throttle, etc, etc! The list goes on and on.

I personally listened to some long term supporters and decade riders raise concerns and issues this year. These folks may not be supporters any more which would be a devastating blow to the club and sledding community.

There is an issue and I know the club is aware of all the concerns. The season is basically over and we rode/dealt with the conditions we had.

When you are riding the mountain every day for 2 week stints at a time or every day all winter, you see exactly what happens with the groomers and trail conditions.

I had the pleasure to ride Valemont this year with the same snow and temperature conditions. There was over 200 sleds through the booth and trails were in fine shape up and down......I cannot same the same for Revy trails with the same amount of riders.

I believe that some of the old time groomer folks like Herbe, should be listened to when they have something (constructive criticism) to say to the newer operators.

You don't just jump on a groomer and drag trails.
There is continual blade work and drag adjustment all the time. This is a learned art!

No different than a good cat or hoe operator. You have people who can run the machine and then you have those select few that can really operate the machine....

The newer groomer operators now have another season under their belt and can learn and improve each time they jump in the machine....

Thanks for the dedication by the club for even throwing on the afternoon grooms......

Its all a learning curve and hopefully we have good snow and trails next season..

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No its not retarded! It is an opinion!

I spent many days this winter riding Boulder and the grooming was not effectively cutting the tops and filling in the holes (whoops).

This concern has been raised and brought up with the revy club all winter.

I know we have some new groomer operators, longer track sleds, burping throttle, etc, etc! The list goes on and on.

I personally listened to some long term supporters and decade riders raise concerns and issues this year. These folks may not be supporters any more which would be a devastating blow to the club and sledding community.

There is an issue and I know the club is aware of all the concerns. The season is basically over and we rode/dealt with the conditions we had.

When you are riding the mountain every day for 2 week stints at a time or every day all winter, you see exactly what happens with the groomers and trail conditions.

I had the pleasure to ride Valemont this year with the same snow and temperature conditions. There was over 200 sleds through the booth and trails were in fine shape up and down......I cannot same the same for Revy trails with the same amount of riders.

I believe that some of the old time groomer folks like Herbe, should be listened to when they have something (constructive criticism) to say to the newer operators.

You don't just jump on a groomer and drag trails.
There is continual blade work and drag adjustment all the time. This is a learned art!

No different than a good cat or hoe operator. You have people who can run the machine and then you have those select few that can really operate the machine....

The newer groomer operators now have another season under their belt and can learn and improve each time they jump in the machine....

Thanks for the dedication by the club for even throwing on the afternoon grooms......

Its all a learning curve and hopefully we have good snow and trails next season..
Well said Kimrick. I myself felt something wasn't quite right this year with the grooming at Revy. Sicamous's trails were excellent under the same weather conditions. I don't like to complain because I love the club and respect how hard a job it is to make everyone happy. Like you said, maybe the new operators need some more time on the units and teaching from the old pro's like Herb?

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well said Kimrick. I myself felt something wasn't quite right this year with the grooming at Revy. Sicamous's trails were excellent under the same weather conditions. I don't like to complain because I love the club and respect how hard a job it is to make everyone happy. Like you said, maybe the new operators need some more time on the units and teaching from the old pro's like Herb?
although only 70km apart via highway each club faces different challenges for access and grooming. Logging , freezing level, sled traffic and yes groomer experience all come into play. As a user be understanding of these factors and what you can do to help like driving up the trail at a steady pace and not making it worse for people behind you or even for yourself on the way down.

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every time I road revy it was good, mind u that's only 3 times

52 times in sicamous and some days where what u would expect going down after 100 sleds going up in the am

Both places where super busy this winter and more sleds === more woops every day, so what do u expect

If u want flat super highway trails, go ride Ontario

I get off trail first chance, and don't much care how smooth it is

Jordan1924

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Understandable that following the groomer F's the trail... but if u have no choice and the trail is whooped out right behind him obviously there is a problem.... We all know when 200 sleds run a trail in the morning it's probably going to be whooped out when u head down. What they r saying in that there is clearly a problem with groomer and drag set up

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But what I'm saying is that it's been extra extra busy, which probably is more to blame that a new groomer operator

Like I said, I ride the mountains

The trail up is just easier access for me to get farther faster

If u want smooth trail, go to Ontario and ride, or quit b.sing about woops..... it is what it is and has been all year in most areas, just go with the flow

Top Bottom