Can We Learn From Others Mistakes ???

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After Travis death 2 years ago I talked eagle valley snow club to put In sign in book

Unfortunately frigging limited people think the paper is to start the fires, and not the news paper supplied

Was out yesterday and same thing the log book at Hunters is being used by some as a fire starter.
I looked at it and very few in comparison to the number of riders are actually signing in, plus a few figure it is a book where they can write about their imaginary filth and slam other brands.

Also on another note, i see things are not really changing from the past when sledders got a bad name (rap) or are they? Because we saw more boozing sledders out there then i have in a few season. It is unfortunate that some individuals are not getting the message and need constant reminding that sledding is not boozing time, maybe its time to have the CO's and RCMP out there checking rider's. Yesterday was so bad that it has prompted me to make a call to the local detachment. Beware, if your one of them ARSES and we have an accidental meeting causing damage and injury......i will sue the "F" out of you for years to come, don't be riding and drinking around me.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was out yesterday and same thing the log book at Hunters is being used by some as a fire starter.
I looked at it and very few in comparison to the number of riders are actually signing in, plus a few figure it is a book where they can write about their imaginary filth and slam other brands.

Also on another note, i see things are not really changing from the past when sledders got a bad name (rap) or are they? Because we saw more boozing sledders out there then i have in a few season. It is unfortunate that some individuals are not getting the message and need constant reminding that sledding is not boozing time, maybe its time to have the CO's and RCMP out there checking rider's. Yesterday was so bad that it has prompted me to make a call to the local detachment. Beware, if your one of them ARSES and we have an accidental meeting causing damage and injury......i will sue the "F" out of you for years to come, don't be riding and drinking around me.
Unbelievable that people don't have a way to start a fire in the cabin without destroying the log book. Other annoying thing I am seeing is the driving on the groomed trail to the alpine. It isn't a race, its an access trail to the alpine. We are seeing more two way traffic than in the past and sooner or later a head on is going to happen.

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This only applies to areas with cabins. Myself don't ride areas that have cabins or sign in sheets often. And don't require trail passes

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive had a rule that Ive followed for years. Around 2pm I call it "silly hour" guys are tired and the stamina is not there, I refuse to drop in new and familiar places at that hour unless, I'm 100% confident that the guys and myself can get out. All it takes it 1 screw up to burn up daylight fast.
IMO I treat that hour like a high avy risk, better to avoid it than get caught in it.[/QUOTE]

Completely agree. We used to try and ride every last second of daylight when we only made 3-4 trips a year, or less. Now with riding every second weekend we are the first guys in the parking lot between 7-8AM and are either out of fuel or talent by 2-3PM and call it a day. Hardly ever come down in the dark anymore which leads to us being 6 beers deep in the hot tub by the time other groups just get back to the hotel lol We are prepared to spend a night (I think) with extra food, socks, hand warmers, lights, fire starter kits, etc. I always carry my Inreach and put it into tracking mode when exploring new terrain.

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well want to thank everyone for your great input on this topic ...

Everyone have a safe and great rest of season !!!

Ride Safe Not Crazy !!!

Top Bottom