Official REVY riding condition!!!

sledder325

Reaction score
hello powder puff was wondering is the trail freshly or will be freshly groomed to cabin has it been groomed past cabin yet, and how much will it cost for a day pass on the trail up boulder this dec 4th weekend. and also do you know what the snow amount is on the snow pole. thanks

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Just over 4 ft. of snow on the pole Wed. Boulder is being groomed for the wknd., $10 trail pass fee till the logging is finished.
Snowing again in town this morning. :d

bone$

Reaction score
Hey guys, heading up to revy dec 15, coming from regina. Anyone know when the logging ends? I heard mid december. Pretty pumped about it!!

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Sounds like the logging will be finished Wed. Dec.8 and we might have a new trail. :)
The groomer still needs more snow to put in the Veideman trail and the trail to the alpine above the old cabin :eek:, soon hopefully.

blownapex

Reaction score
10 more days till I'm there again! Hopefully we can get to turtle. And other hidden riding spots :) 15 guys this time! Gotta be more snow then November 20th!!?

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the logging will be finished Wed. Dec.8 and we might have a new trail. :)
The groomer still needs more snow to put in the Veideman trail and the trail to the alpine above the old cabin :eek:, soon hopefully.

that would have came in handy today seeing thats as far as i got.. when one of the showing rocks on the trail decided to some how brake my spindle lol :rant::rant::rant:

p.s. the cabin IS AWESOME GUYS GREAT JOB!!!!:beer:

rough-country

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.rough-country.ca
I'm sorry that I have not posted any new pics over the last 2 weeks but the truth is I've been to lazy to take the camera out of my jacket. You know how it is when the riding is so good you just hate to stop for anything more than lunch. The alpine is getting a little beat down but if you skirt the trees there is a lot of untracked powder to last all day. Reports are there is not alot of snow on Boulder mtn. and riders are telling me its getting a little hard on ''A'' arms so be carefull when your up there. Some guys have been into Griffin and Hall but no word back on how they made out, we need a couple of big dumps to get these other areas like Area 51 and Turtle opened up. I will try to get with the program next week.

Thanks Greg

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Just got back from Revy for a 3 day ride and here is the no bull report. Boulder mountain is the worst I have seen it in the 17 years I have ridden there. There is landmines everywhere and it is down HUGE on snow for this time of year. Every little hill we touched in the meadows either exposed rocks or we hit rocks, we got lucky and kept our a arms but many didnt. In the trees it is ok but not great, we went to the lakes and broke through the ice easily so be very careful. I tried to go down a creek bed to go further back and fell through the snow into a rock cavern. It became a sightseeing day but we still enjoyed it. I heard that Frisbee had a lot more snow and many people didnt get past the tower on friday and left a lot of snow for everyone on Sat. We ended up going to Caribou on Sat and it was epic and the Sun was out. We saw people at Keystone and Sale but never heard how they were. It was good to scratch the itch but we wont be rushing back till they get some good dumps of snow. I am not saying this to be negative but I find that alot of reports arent super truthfull, I like rough countrys reports though, and many are good but you have to read between the lines a bit, so like it or not this is my report. Ride safe people.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dunno dude...review seems a bit harsh. We rode Boulder Saturday and Frisby yesterday. Boulder is definately flattened down from sleds, and lower snow than previous years at this time, but was still enjoyable in and around the trees. I have seen it MUCH worse. (weather was awesome). Your report on Frisby is right on. Past the tower, LOTS of nice pow pow still. We had a blast in there yesterday. (first two pics is Boulder, second two is Frisby)

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Ya I hope it snows for u, they need it. I just talked to my buddy who rode Area 51 yesterday and said it was really good and hardly anyone went there, he said the snow was way better than Boulder and they didnt hit any rocks. Good luck!

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
me and some buddy rode frisby(my first time evr to revy) and i thouhgt it was awesome. tons of snow and alot of people getting stuck. i left the next day but the rest of my friends rode saturday on frisby and sunday on boulder. 1 buddy launched off a rock and rolled his sled. lots of rocks stickin out still. frisby is where it was at :)

800HMX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When we got to Frisby on Saturday we put most of the tracks in the fresh snow all the way to the Tower. There was not a track to be had past the tower and we played all day in fresh. This was the best early ride ever. Simply couldn't ride any more. Did not touch one rock and could not make it up many hills without several pulls.

Rode Quartz on Sunday and what a waste of time. No snow and no base.

rough-country

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.rough-country.ca
Just got word from my riding buddies who went down to Hall Mtn. today and said it was not that good. Lack of snow had them running over logs and stumps all day in the trees, but we are in for a big dump starting tuesday and it's going to last through the weekend if you believe in the weather forcast.

Catberg

Reaction score
Rode Boulder on Friday and Saturday. Donated a set of Nytro A arms and a set of Cat A arms to the cause. Sun was out and the snow was awesome. Just a bit of russian roulette on what you might hit. Rode Sale on Sunday. Found some fresh in the back and had a blast. No damage but uncovered a few rocks, dirt and logs. I will never complain about a day in the mountains. I am looking forward to a bit more snow! Be careful.

T.O.B.C

Reaction score
Rode Frisby on Sat Probed 4ft2". Rode Boulder on Sunday Probed 4ft. These were probed in multiple locations for some accuracy

sledneckx69

Reaction score
Pics from Frisby on Saturday.

Attachments

• IMG_0320.jpg
    IMG_0320.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 813
  • IMG_0321.jpg
    IMG_0321.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 828
  • IMG_0324.jpg
    IMG_0324.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 814
  • IMG_0325.jpg
    IMG_0325.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 823
  • IMG_0319.jpg
    IMG_0319.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 811

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode boulder Saturday. Land mine central on most of the mountain. However, we went back towards Turbo and the snow was completely different. As soon as you dropped down off the plateau the powder was beautiful & deep and we didn't hit a thing back there. There must have been 80 sleds up boulder and only two others that we saw went back that far?

pattergrub

Reaction score
we rode from the lodge on the weekend, groomed trail was good. trail to the alpine along the ridege is chewed up really good. lots of trenches and rocks. However the riding was awesome. Yes there is no base but lots of powder to enjoy!! We donated a set of xp a arms as well, not a bad weekend at all.

Top Bottom