Oct. 10 first ride Boulder

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have been talking to a few of the boys in Revy and we have decided on Oct. 10th. Last season we waited till the 25th but can't get sledding out of my mind so we are going for it.
Anybody else ride early?
Will post pics afterwards.
Cheers,
Dave

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And here I though I was pushing it for November 11th. Can’t wait to see the pictures though.:wtg:

lexy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have been talking to a few of the boys in Revy and we have decided on Oct. 10th. Last season we waited till the 25th but can't get sledding out of my mind so we are going for it.
Anybody else ride early?
Will post pics afterwards.
Cheers,
Dave

Thinking there will be know snow as there is no freezing level in BC at the moment........

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nd allways get the same posts then either myself but usually sofa king (Roger) posts his pics a day or two before mine. People that I talk to out west say thyat there is snow up high.
Cheers,
Dave

Shankster

Reaction score
It will be the typical bouncing off rocks type of ride but you know what they say "God hates a coward" Can't wait to see the pics!:beer:

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oct 10:eek:
Lookin' forward to the pics. Quadding at 8000 ft near Quartz last weekend, not a snowflake in sight. Hard to think that there will be any snow by then-that's only 3 wks away. We did have snow on the highest mountaintops near Chatter Crk Sept long, but barely and it was gone by afternoon. Revy will get it sooner...but that soon:confused:

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like there won't be snow for a while, but we never know what will happen for sure. Two days ago it was over 30 degrees at my place. This morning there was frost on the ground and ice on my windshield. Crazy weather! Keeps us guessing, and for me, optimistic.

Last edited:

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your crazy, or have enough money saved to repair the damage that bouncing off rocks and stumps are going to do. but hey good luck and i cant wait to see the pics.

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your crazy, or have enough money saved to repair the damage that bouncing off rocks and stumps are going to do. but hey good luck and i cant wait to see the pics.

No not crazy not rich just the real thing a sledder. Last year Oct.25 first ride.
Year befrore first ride Oct.29 that was a stuck fest with over five feet fresh.
Year before that are you sitting down, Sept.16.
All these rides and not one stump or rock the only problems are creeks still
open but this year a friend is heading up to Boulder to toss a few logs across a creek to maqke a snow bridge just above the cabin.
ted pictures under my smokindave report.
Only damage I have done is Jan. last year nicked a rock on a short climb and took off ski and a arms.On New Years eve last season hit a rock on the BC side of Fording Pass after crossing the contiental divide from Alberta to BC.
I just got this compute4r yesterday so over the weekend I will down load and post pics.Only other5 damage to my sled happened at Eagles Pass May 17 long weekend 2007 when some one turned in front of me.
So fo thye close to 30,000 I got into my sled I'll try to get 9 months every year. Ask Calgarysledguy how much fun we had climbing around suger bowl last Oct.25.
Sofa King posted pictures from Oct.08 last season with nothing broken.
I guess this is the difference between wolves and sheep.
Chow,
Smokindave (AKA as a wolf)

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
last season our first ride was nov10 or something like that. probly the best ride of the season.

sure there are some landmines but you can see them!!

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I commend the bravery smokindave, really can't wait to see the pics, keep smokin:cigar:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good on ya man,, post the pics and if its good I am boming the next weekend,,, braaappp

Sled n from Oct to June,,, I love snow!!!

see at the top of the pic,,, that sing says trail:d

shawn 036 (Medium).jpg

shawn 056 (Medium).jpg

shawn 057 (Medium).jpg

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dumb.........wait for winter......NOV.....YOUR SLED WILL FOR GIVE YOU

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well honestly I have been hoping for more precipitation in BC so I can get on with my season.The earliest I have evar rode was Sept. 16/06 in of all places Catteract Creek on the east slopes of southern Alberta.
First ride 2007 was Oct.29 Quartz Creek.
And last season Oct. 25th Boulder Mountain.
In all these years 0 damage as I use my head and don't start pulling hills.
Every year for a reason As in break in motor wheather new sled and one year after motor porting just to make sure when the real snow arrives I am not phoning helicopter.
Thats just me though hate to have to take machine in to be fixed because I ride the crap out of her in the deep b4 break in.:rolleyes:

Dave

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Top Bottom