Noise from rev

rondun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I go downhill I have a rattle noise like marbles in a tin can. Belt and cluches have been done. Sled works and pulls hard. Only going downhill, If I add some power noise is gone. Anybody have an idea...The sled is a 04 800 summit X 159.....with a fat guy riding it.....but make the noise even with a skinny guy on it (fat guy is not the problem):confused::confused::d:d

Dmf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what about your brake rotor on your secondary shaft? the rotor is keyed on your shaft and could be worn out, or your chain is loose?

rondun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will check the chain, I was thinking of that. The clutch cover is tight checked that (thanks)

amo

Reaction score
check the chain it will be loose , and make sure the secondary clutch spring is not broke , i know it,s new but mine broke last year after they were done

Tsalmo

Reaction score
Could be your recoil that how my dads was before his recoil went out sounded like marbles bouncing around

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
possibly baffles in your can. i know mine rattles a bit once in a while

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bet its the rail tips just touching the ext part of the drivers

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

jackinthebox

Reaction score
It very well could be your pull start handle vibrating.Mine does this on my Rev,the handle itself slaps the plastic panel inside the recess it sits in.When it does this next time just put your hand on the pull handle,you might be surprised.

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mine makes the same noise .. I think it's normal... I think its the arms in your primary ratteling around.

They all do it just gotta get rolling down a steep hill lol nothing to worry about...I think part of the noise is the track cause mine is louder at the end of the day then the start

Top Bottom