replaced the motor on a rev

POWDERSLUTx2

Reaction score
Hey guys.
I replaced the motor on a 04 rev 800 as I'm building it for the kids.
It starts great,idles smoothly.
I have only taken it for a short ride after getting it all together but when I just touch the throttle the speedo jumps right to 200kms/hr and says -220-km on the lcd screen.then a few seconds later it will go back to the odometer ,hour reading.
I touch the throttle again and it does the same thing.

I tried replacing the relay above the secondary and greasing the speedo unit with no luck.
Gotta be a guy on here that's had the same issue and figured out.:beer:

banditpowdercoat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Checked all connections??? PLug in and out, They kinda clean themselves that way. Sounds like a flaky contact somewhere to me.
Good to get some plastic safe contact cleaner to spray inside plugs, then Dielectric grease and smear a little bit on pins

POWDERSLUTx2

Reaction score
Ya ive unplugged and plugged in again everything a few times. All the pins looked good and clean.

POWDERSLUTx2

Reaction score
HaHa I think the same way.
Took it out for its break in ride today and it ran flawless minus the speedo, seemed to work on and off.
Now to loosen the limiter strap and get this thing playfull

If the tachs working fine then don’t worry about the speedo. Unplug it cap the hole and giver. Just extra weight you don’t need.

Ghfalls

Reaction score
I just put a new motor in my 05 800 and it starts and runs great but I’ve got nothing on the gauges. I’m thinking bad ground? Did you get yours figured out?
thanks

POWDERSLUTx2

Reaction score
It seems to work intermittently,put on 70+ kms on Sunday and it had 40 something on the odometor.

Top Bottom