Foot rest replacement help

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Doo guys!

A little help please. My friends sled was damaged in the process of towing my Polaris off a mountain (go ahead and poke lol). I want to make it right for him.
Has anyone replaced the footrest piece, and / or "roller link" on a G4? I have concerns about some of the hardware.

-The small rivets that attach the foot rest to the tunnel, and outer rail are obviously factory pressed style which I think ill have to drill / cut off. The replacements from Skidoo are "6.5mm hemlock" rivets that only come unpainted from what I can see. Any issues with track clearance on the inside?

-My bigger concern is the massive rivet that attaches the "roller link" to the tunnel side. This isn't even listed on the Skidoo parts fiche. Am I going to have to resort to a bolt of some sort?

I feel horrible that dude's sled isn't gonna be factory, and I'll have to paint some hardware to try and match his Summit X black tunnel, any advice is appreciated! Pic with parts needing replacement.

door.jpg

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Huck rivets are usually replacement by bolts, there 1/4” in diameter. Also requires a special install tool.

That foot stir is on kijiji right now for sale

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Which ones are the huck rivets? the big one at the top of the "roller link?

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got the job done, kinda miserable.
-ground down heads of rivets on the inside of the tunnel, or on the side of the footrest being replaced to minimize cosmetic damage.
-large upper Huck rivet replaced with one of the rivets available from skidoo. Same ones that attach the footrest to tunnel.

Gripes:
-the footrest and skidoo rivets came unpainted. I did my best to paint it, will re-touch it up this summer.
-rivets were a tough pull for my cheap princess auto air riveter lol
IMG-20221223-WA0002.jpeg
20221223_103031.jpg

Top Bottom