No way to treat a visitor

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I had to run into Edmonton today...yah. So the pot holes and basically the whole road system sucks.
I feel sorry for you guys up there having to drive them roads daily, really need to tie down the cargo or it’s out the back. Pulled a big o travel trailer back south nearly jerked me right out of the seat hitting them bumps.
south of Nisku things started to smarten up.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the news today they were boosting, saying the pothole crews were going hard with the 50% LESS TRAFFIC on the roads. Lol aparently not where you were.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The roads are a frigging joke and only getting worse. Last trip from winterburn to nisku recently compared to last fall the henday has got even worse didn't think it was possible, it's nearly undriveable with my dump pulling my hoe it shakes so fawking bad. They are going to have to do something about the concrete very soon before there is some very bad accidents from tractor trailers loosing control.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don Iveson is a terrible mayor, can't manage money to save his life and when he runs out he whines to the provincial and federal government for more. Christ the $90 million he got the city to add a single lane to the Henday could repave all the main roads in Grande Prairie.

What I find funny is the news crews go out to find the "work crews" filling potholes in Edmonton, and there they are dumping steaming hot asphalt into a pothole filled to the brim with water, yeah cause that's going to work.

Frustrates me to no end, Edmonton gets overpasses, transit money, LRT money, and bike lane money every time old Donny snivels to the provincial government. Yet they build a new bypass around Grande Prairie on a 4 lane highway that needed 2 new overpasses, but what do we get? A fawking traffic circle and a traffic light.

Last edited:

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you think edmonton mayor is terrible calgary has got the biggest f49king idiot of all can't have a conversation without closing his eyes good friends with sock boy so likes to spend money the city doesn't have just keep raising taxes then complains businesses are closing stupid moron

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The roads are a frigging joke and only getting worse. Last trip from winterburn to nisku recently compared to last fall the henday has got even worse didn't think it was possible, it's nearly undriveable with my dump pulling my hoe it shakes so fawking bad. They are going to have to do something about the concrete very soon before there is some very bad accidents from tractor trailers loosing control.

No kidding, can’t imagine these poor lowbed guys pulling big loads. The shock load sitting in the seat must be bad, I had to laugh at one truck packing a cat 336 hoe on 11 axles thinking what road are they trying to save here.
so have all the street bike guys trade there cruisers in on dirt bikes or hows that working? I would be scared crapless to ride my Harley on them roads.

2Turnipsinheat

Reaction score
So I had to run into Edmonton today...yah. So the pot holes and basically the whole road system sucks.
I feel sorry for you guys up there having to drive them roads daily, really need to tie down the cargo or it’s out the back. Pulled a big o travel trailer back south nearly jerked me right out of the seat hitting them bumps.
south of Nisku things started to smarten up.

I'm just glad nobody sprayed your license plate after attempting to spread the c19 over the border. lol

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the news today they were boosting, saying the pothole crews were going hard with the 50% LESS TRAFFIC on the roads. Lol aparently not where you were.

I am working at the U of A right now and drive into the city from Leduc. Not much city driving but I have yet to see a pot hole crew. And you would think they would want the roads leading to the top hospital smooth for ambulances

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No kidding, can’t imagine these poor lowbed guys pulling big loads. The shock load sitting in the seat must be bad, I had to laugh at one truck packing a cat 336 hoe on 11 axles thinking what road are they trying to save here.
so have all the street bike guys trade there cruisers in on dirt bikes or hows that working? I would be scared crapless to ride my Harley on them roads.
6 days so far on a big decker. No holes hit yet. Lots of dodging. Burnt 2 full tanks yesterday. Definitely don’t sneeze on a bike

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am working at the U of A right now and drive into the city from Leduc. Not much city driving but I have yet to see a pot hole crew. And you would think they would want the roads leading to the top hospital smooth for ambulances

The back of the ambulance rides like crap on good roads.

We run a liquid spring system for rear suspension it helps a bit.

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has been a long time since Edmonton had decent roads. That city council doesn’t seem to care.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the province didn't design and build the Anthony Henday ring, the city would really be fawked!

Mayor Don and his council prioritizes transit and bike lanes.....

i knew an insider on that whole deal. The city of edmonton had NO plans to spend a dime on that ring road. Which boggles my mind it is the city of Edmonton responsibility in my opinion. Planning has been brought up for a second ring road. Good time for the city to prepare and plan for it, iveson shelfed it. an Insane amount of money is going into Light Rail Transit right now. Enough to resuface the entire city.

How about Highway 16? Albertas problem but my god what a hazard

Im worried for Edmonton/Alberta. The infastructure has crumbled to a point that maintenance is no longer an option and unless a Major investment is made, we will be living with 3rd world grade roads for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i knew an insider on that whole deal. The city of edmonton had NO plans to spend a dime on that ring road. Which boggles my mind it is the city of Edmonton responsibility in my opinion. Planning has been brought up for a second ring road. Good time for the city to prepare and plan for it, iveson shelfed it. an Insane amount of money is going into Light Rail Transit right now. Enough to resuface the entire city.

How about Highway 16? Albertas problem but my god what a hazard

Im worried for Edmonton/Alberta. The infrastructure has crumbled to a point that maintenance is no longer an option and unless a Major investment is made, we will be living with 3rd world grade roads for the foreseeable future.

I agree!!
What makes my blood boil is when I see the pure irresponsibility of the city planners. They have dedicated highways and freeways coming into the city and instead of planning housing and development to keep the existing freeways intact to maintain traffic flow, they turn these into slow speed traffic with traffic lights every few blocks. For instance...Hwy 15 (Manning Freeway). This was a full 100 kph designed route all the way to about 137 ave. Instead of keeping development far enough back, they put housing right up to the edge of the highway and now we are at 70 kph with traffic lights and more traffic lights.... they are already slowing traffic north of the Henday!...and another set of traffic lights planned at the hwy 28 turnoff to Gibbons....why?......pretty soon, we will be at 70 or 80 kph all the way from Ft Sask....why? Then in 20 years, they will cry to the province and feds to get funds because they need to fix the backed up traffic...exactly what has happened with the current Yellowhead trail. Build it right the first time!

Why is it we can drive through cities in the states and be at full freeway speeds almost all the way into many of the cities? why don't cities like Edmonton plan for long term and enhance the infrastructure that is already there? You got a freeway or a multi lane highway....keep it intact and build to enhance that traffic flow.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree!!
What makes my blood boil is when I see the pure irresponsibility of the city planners. They have dedicated highways and freeways coming into the city and instead of planning housing and development to keep the existing freeways intact to maintain traffic flow, they turn these into slow speed traffic with traffic lights every few blocks. For instance...Hwy 15 (Manning Freeway). This was a full 100 kph designed route all the way to about 137 ave. Instead of keeping development far enough back, they put housing right up to the edge of the highway and now we are at 70 kph with traffic lights and more traffic lights.... they are already slowing traffic north of the Henday!...and another set of traffic lights planned at the hwy 28 turnoff to Gibbons....why?......pretty soon, we will be at 70 or 80 kph all the way from Ft Sask....why? Then in 20 years, they will cry to the province and feds to get funds because they need to fix the backed up traffic...exactly what has happened with the current Yellowhead trail. Build it right the first time!

Why is it we can drive through cities in the states and be at full freeway speeds almost all the way into many of the cities? why don't cities like Edmonton plan for long term and enhance the infrastructure that is already there? You got a freeway or a multi lane highway....keep it intact and build to enhance that traffic flow.

City planners? Arnt those just engineer's who cant get an industrial job?

Top Bottom