No longer able to pull trailer behind fith wheel

dooski

Reaction score
I heard that as of July 1 2008 you can not pull a trailer behind the fith wheel anymore.

GRD

Reaction score
First I have heard of that... Was that in the news somewhere? I know that you are unable to do that in BC

dooski

Reaction score
I heard that from the fire chief, we were on an mvc accident involving a pickup truck and truck and trailer and there was a discussion going between the cheif and the rcmp officer about that. I would like to find out for sure. Maybe i'll contact the dot boys and find out for sure.

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doo we where just talking about that the weekend we went Camping, thats going to suck for U if it happens.

dooski

Reaction score
YEH!! You are right. I guess i'll have to buy me a toy hauler like yours. We,ll have to see if this is true but i did know this was coming.

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed as it was a matter of time right BUT know could be sooner than later.

dooski

Reaction score
The problem is either way I look at it I still need to take two vehicles. One to haul the fith wheel and the to haul the quads (4 of them)

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya thats right, U going camping this weekend? We are heading out to south fork i think should be good and muddy for qauding.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think if it were true there would be a lot of stuff in a lot of fans.Pretty hard to keep that quiet.
catmando!

dooski

Reaction score
I think we might go Im trying to remember where the south fork road is

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HWY 22 north of caroline to the stuble lake sign go west till U cross pariare creek next road south follow that 4-5mle to the blue bridge go south a cross blue bridge to the open meadow.

dooski

Reaction score
sounds good. are you going out by yourselves or with some friends. i'll check with the wife and see. I would like to know why we cant tow another trailer behind the fith wheel.Can anybody help me on this. I do this all the time and don't have any troubles

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are going out with Dan from Extreme Machines and maybe my buddys beside me.

Rubicon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been in contact with a gent in the transportation industry, there is no indication of this happening anytime in the near future. It would have to be put into legislation and such. According to him, there is nothing in the works at all.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
We just checked it out for a buddy that works with me and the only law in place at this time is that the total lenghth of your unit can NOT be longer than 20 m or 65 feet bumper to bumper. Hope this helps.

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Considering the percentage of the population that travels in the summer, albeit usually with just a single trailer, it would be tough to pass this law without some sort of public outburst. Especially with gas prices on the rise, doing this would only deter people from travelling even more, which, from a money-making point of view is not what the gov't wants.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Wtf........there Is Nothing At Present Or In The Works According To Alberta Infrastructure In Regards To This.... Would Be Plenty Of Warning If This Were To Occur........ We In The Industry Would Have Learned About This About A Year Ago If This Were To Happen!!!

BigRed800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I pull tandem fifth wheel and quad trailer as long as you are under a set lenght sask and alberta are different and the front trailer has brakes no problem Ibeen on # 2 and they pull 2 big semi trailer or three at one time those busness would be mad if they had to pull one trailer at a time with the way the price of fuel is

Top Bottom