No longer able to pull trailer behind fith wheel

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I pull tandem fifth wheel and quad trailer as long as you are under a set lenght sask and alberta are different and the front trailer has brakes no problem Ibeen on # 2 and they pull 2 big semi trailer or three at one time those busness would be mad if they had to pull one trailer at a time with the way the price of fuel is

Holiday trailers and highway tractor trailer combos are different classes of vehicles.. There is not very many places in the province that you will see these road trains ( semi- trailer) , but highway #2 is one of them.

At this time and in the near future there is NO change in the laws that have anything to do with the 5th wheel / utility trailer combo's... as someone pointed out the only regs are.... combined lenght not to exceed 65 feet, the GVRW of the tow vehicle not to be exceed, the towing trailer must have brakes You need to check with the DOT as each province has different regulations..... In Alberta 5th wheel holiday trailer and tow another trailer... yes. In Saskatchewan... the same ...Yes.... In Saskatchewan pull a travel trailer ( bumper hitch) and a second trailer.. YES ( only in saskatchewan) In British Columbia.... Travel trailer 5th wheel ... no.. (no combo option for the holiday trailers)

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
multi trailer operators require a endorsment on there drivers licence i believe in alberta ...Sask for sure

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same as what Mike said.......Thanks Ron
It's exactly what i had said before..... Everything was correct accept i was 6 inches short on the overall lenght.......... Hmmmm......... i think i have heard that before somewhere?...:eek: BAHAHAHAHAH

tekimsbro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with RVDA (Recreational Vehicle Dealers Association) and D.O.T. and they both said that we are STILL allowed to tow a trailer behind a 5th. HAS to be a 5th wheel...5th has to be longer than the trailer behind...has to be tendem or triple axle...and overall length must be under 20M (65.6'). Same rules in Sask...except you can tow a trailer behind a trailer or 5th Wheel and you are allowed 23M overall.

D.O.T. said there are NO plans to outlaw this. He said there would have to be a public forum on the matter before it could even be considered or many more accidents involving b-trains. He said his stats on these accidents are very low.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Funny how this same topic comes up every year LOL!
Good for another year!
catmando!

Rubicon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been pullin the " B " for years, and wont quit till they make me. Somehow seem to drag more and more stuff out everytime we go....oh well... if ya have room... fill er up...:d

Top Bottom