new fishing/ski boat which one?

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what one to buy opinions needed please smokercraft lund legend sylvan or the crestliner feel free to whats brands to stay far away from thanks

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lund is of course the cock of the walk. Crest liner is a quality boat as well. I've had more experience with Lund and mostly fishing large lakes with them. Been in a princecraft a couple of days and seem ok as well.

westskman

Reaction score
I have a 20 ft legend xcalibre with a 150 hp merc optimax. There have been quite a few issues with fit and finish on the boat itself. Also the ride of the boat in rough water is not as good as a boat that size should be. I think the hull design is an issue because it loves to porpoise even with a good prop installed. The motor has been great and easy on fuel. my only regret with the motor is not going with a 175 or even 200

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My dad has a Glastron fish and ski, I do believe its a GT205. Very nice boat if your into doing both. Very comfortable to fish in, nice fit and finish, livewells work good but also handles skiers, tubes etc very well. Im more just into fishing myself so its not for me................ Im a lund or crestliner guy

Last edited:

Adrenaline Addiction

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought a Lund new in 06, been a great boat. Just fuel and drive it, nothing to do but keep it clean. I have a Merc 90 hp 4 stroke, awesome, maintenance free engine.

Reaction score
I bought a Sylvan 1700 Expedition with the 115 Opti and added the ski bar hoop around the motor. Very happy with it. Fit and finish much nicer than the Legend I owned previously. Personally I feel the riveted hull is superior as well. Crestliner is a great boat though expensive compared to the Sylvan. Smokercraft tends to be looked down at here
because the pricing is low... Mistake. They are are great boat manufacturer.

Top Bottom