New factory short block?

Barnes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious how "new" you guys think this factory short block really is?

it seems the photo's are giving me a hard time...

Edit: that should work now..

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
motor is remanufactured. to new tolerances as far as i can determine. should be good, has a warranty.

Barnes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked up my 2003 Skidoo summit 800HO, in october and was told it was a new factory short block last year with a couple rides on it.. i've put 250kms on it this year...

This "new" factory short block looks a little older than last year...

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you buy it private, looks like just a used motor, very dirty. did you see receipts of shortblock purchase.

Barnes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes, i picked it up off a seller from Snow and Mud. A vendor actually. No i didn't see any receipts. I figured him being a vendor on Snow and Mud that i could take his word for it.

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
man that looks like a lot of wear on the bottom, or is that a patched hole. sure don't look like a brp remanufactured motor, looks like a cheap rebuild. and maybe not a good rebuild. looks like the topend was repaired and the rest glossed over. not good in my opinion.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is not a factory short block nore is it a remanufactured short block. It's a fixed up / patched up blown engine and sold to some one....... Seller sure didn't tell you the truth when he/she unloaded it on you.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks like a try to get warranty motor to me. very shady work.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
man that looks like a lot of wear on the bottom, or is that a patched hole. sure don't look like a brp remanufactured motor, looks like a cheap rebuild. and maybe not a good rebuild. looks like the topend was repaired and the rest glossed over. not good in my opinion.
you can see cracks beyond the repaired part on either side. lucky it lasted another 250 kms

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep....they flat out scammed you dude. Never seen a reman shortblock with a patched hole in the case. Post up the vendor that fawked you.

x2.....

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just don't know why anyone especially a member would do that to anyone....tell it like it is and then if one decides to purchase ...then he knew the full meal deal! But to take advantage of anyone for that matter is wrong...I'd be phoning him but you would just probrably be wasting a couple bucks on a phone call....yep post their names so that others can learn from your experience and not get scammed by the same sumbags that took advantage of you! Snow and Mud is getting a lot of members and anyone can join....most members are really good to deal with...I know I've made deals on here and ended up gaining a friend by it....with that said thou....thats why it would be nice to have a feedback area on our site so that these sorts of people can be listed so that others don't follow the same fate!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lucky it didn't leak and lean out motor. very nasty motor job. interesting who the seller was.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious how "new" you guys think this factory short block really is?

it seems the photo's are giving me a hard time...

Edit: that should work now..

What's the engine out of?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dootalk has a fellow with some motor troubles from an edmonton area builder, lots of problems, no help from builder, looks like he walked away and left the guy high and dry. he got some cash back but was out $1500 and lots of time with sled in shop. sounds very legit as far as i hear.

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why did you not ask the vendor about the patch job on the case when you bought it ? :confused:

Barnes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will now post up (after calling the selling asking to talk to him, and being told by his family that he is out of town) the Kijiji ad i printed off when i was thinking about buying the sled, along with all the things he said he did to it. The second picture is all the things i've done to it since i picked it up in October.. somethings are just to set the sled up to me, but a few things on there.. make you wonder.

Top Bottom