Most cost effective snowmobile replacement interval

Turbodiesels

Reaction score
i upgrade the wife and i sleds every season. i cant really use mine as as comparison but hers really varies year to year. In general, your looking about 3k per season if you keep it less than 1500km, add some accessories, and dont finance it. It also needs to be in mint condition with factory decals. Your dealer also has to give you decent pricing. There have been years where it was 4000, and there has been years where it cost Nothing to upgrade due to covid pricing etc. If none of those things above apply then your likely looking in the 5k range once you factor in financing costs etc. Remember, when the market isn't hot you have to make your product look better than the rest so that means your throwing in a skid plate, bumper and maybe even a tarp to seal the deal. Your also going to want to sell it with as much warranty remaining as possible. These new turbos are a tough sell. without warranty. Make the machine as close to mint condition as possible at the end of the season, i would replace cut up decals etc, because the other thing that makes this more expensive is your personal time showing tire kickers around. Ive found that when the sled shows like showroom the first guy always comes with cash and its gone.

Whether its 2k,3k,4k, or 5k not being on the end of a helicopter, riding the latest stuff, and never opening the hood makes the experience just that much more enjoyable
Good advice, the not being on the end of a helicopter and just pulling and going are the biggest reasons I'm thinking about going this route. Looks like I'm going to need to pile into less trees to keep my sleds mint from now on!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm playing around with the possibility of trading/selling my snowmobile every year or two and getting a new one. Anyone have experience with this? Just curious how bad of a hit a guy would take. Better to trade every year? Every second year or even 3 years? Typically been getting a new sled only once per new chassis. Went from a 2016 rmk to a turbo shredder this time around, what an upgrade that was!

This is what I do, it depends on the selling price vs purchase price, but I don’t trade, and with the two year warranty now, selling before the warranty expires gives the new buyer the option of purchasing extra warranty. At the moment it’s been working good for me.

Also I try to limit the amount of extras that are included in the sale.
I usually remove everything like my shocks, clutching etc and sell the sled bare. I normally do not include a cover, spare belt either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is what I do, it depends on the selling price vs purchase price, but I don’t trade, and with the two year warranty now, selling before the warranty expires gives the new buyer the option of purchasing extra warranty. At the moment it’s been working good for me.

Also I try to limit the amount of extras that are included in the sale.
I usually remove everything like my shocks, clutching etc and sell the sled bare. I normally do not include a cover, spare belt either.

You Scottish or just from Cape Breton??

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont give the guy bad advise , if you plan to ride all year long get the Polaris you will not have to replace chains, Chain cases Tracks, belts.......... ect.....

But you will need a primary clutch, plugs, ECM flash for a boost, and a doo track.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You Scottish or just from Cape Breton??

Both, lol.

Unfortunately I have learned alot lately from Listening to guys complain about used sled prices on here.
Want a mint condition cheap sled? you got it. (I look after my stuff).
But I have all of these extras for sale if the buyer wants em because I have to replace them, it drives the cost of the new sled up.

Top Bottom