New Doo

wyzguyz

Reaction score
To snow check or not to snow check that is the question. If one was to decide on a New or Newer BRP would it be a existing xp or a new xm? E-TEC power but with the advancements of the 2013. the 2011/2012 xp with the E-TEC is impressive and all but does the new XM posess enough changes to justify the cost? It is time for me to buck up or shut up so anyone willing to give up a 2012 -163 - E-TEC-XP for a large differential compared to the 2013 XM let me know or else its SNOW CHECKING time for this guy.

wyzguyz

Reaction score
Problem is the turbo yamaha is calling but the shovel is protesting. After riding the past weekend in renshaw with 2 strokes it reminded me of how much i love 2 stroke power/to/weight/to/stuck - ratio.

xpsledneck

Reaction score
I have a 2011 e-tec and had the chance to ride the new xm on a ski-doo test ride day and all i have to say is that if i had the money i would have already ordered one.
the chassie change is fenominal effertless sidehilling and boondocking with the smooth power of the e-tek is and will be the sled to beat when they are out on the hill next year.
just some thoughts from some one who had a chance to ride one. well worth the money

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Problem is i have rode the E-TEC xp and love it. I need to ride the XM to compare,

You can have my 12 freeride at year end??? But 154 who needs the penis extender anyways
Be approx 1400 Kim's.

I want to check a new one.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This thread is useless without prices. What's the snowcheck price of a 154 XM?

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FYI you can buy the XM skid which will bolt right into a newer XP chassis for less than $400. So really the only other differences other than switch relocation and cosmetics are the shocks on the X and the riding stance from what I gather when comparing a '12 to a '13. Personally I'd just check the '13 but that's just me.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FYI you can buy the XM skid which will bolt right into a newer XP chassis for less than $400. So really the only other differences other than switch relocation and cosmetics are the shocks on the X and the riding stance from what I gather when comparing a '12 to a '13. Personally I'd just check the '13 but that's just me.

You'd have to change to the new track too, wouldn't you?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every time Ski-doo releases a new model it is better than the old ones. The XP is a great sled but I'm sure the 2013 will be better. Snowcheck it man.

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm kinda in the same boat.. seems like dealers and people want too much money still for their 2012s compared to the 13. Sure I can have it now and ride it for 2 months, but i also have to start making payments a year sooner.

The price difference hasn't been substantial. If I manage to find a 12 freeride or x with enough of a price difference I may just go that route. The XM chassis isn't a huge bonus for me. I demo'd the xm 154 and '12 freeride back to back. Frankly, I liked the 12 freeride better.

That being said, I'm sure once i get used to the XM chassis there is no going back. But I'm coming off a Rev. The XM was way too tippy

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The spindle geometry and skis and skid positioning, rail geometry are all different on the 13. By adding the new xm pieces to your 11 or 12 it is not going to woork the same. It would be like adding the s-36 to a 2008. Nice improvement but still isn't a 2012.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

xpsledneck

Reaction score
I'm kinda in the same boat.. seems like dealers and people want too much money still for their 2012s compared to the 13. Sure I can have it now and ride it for 2 months, but i also have to start making payments a year sooner.

The price difference hasn't been substantial. If I manage to find a 12 freeride or x with enough of a price difference I may just go that route. The XM chassis isn't a huge bonus for me. I demo'd the xm 154 and '12 freeride back to back. Frankly, I liked the 12 freeride better.

That being said, I'm sure once i get used to the XM chassis there is no going back. But I'm coming off a Rev. The XM was way too tippy

ya it feels a lot more tippy cause you are putting way to much effort into it from comeing off a rev i felt the same way about my 2011 at first but all it turns into is less rider effort and less fatigue over the day of riding in the trees.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I posted in the Doo section of Dan Treadways doo I got to test ride at Bolder on the 9th. It wasn't a very long ride but enough for me to feel very comfortable on. very nice over the rough terrain and handle very well in the trees, pulls over and side hills with ease. I only rode it for five or ten min, but i've been on an M series for the past 3 years and feel very comfortable on this new machine. My only complaint would be how it doesn't feel snappy, instead it feels more "sluggish" off the line if thats the correct word, but I could see how that would help for less trenching from a stand still. I was impressed with it.

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
The new xm shines, I have 400 mils on mine and love it more everyride...but as with everything it has to make dollars and sense, you can probably pick up some very good deals on 11's and 12's and they are awesome but like some here have said once you ride an xm, you can go back...here is a list of the changes. I think just buying the skid will get you just that...not all the other changes which all add up. Not trying to sway you but giving my opinion.

Here is a list of most of the changes and there are a few more...cheers dave
However the changes are small they all add up!
T-motion
More liner suspension all the way through the travel
Front skis are new ds2 and are moved further forward for better steering
Front glove box, heated by engine
All wireing through the engine is rerouted so no rubbing,
Fuel sensor is totally redesigned to work better
Idle wheels inside at back
Reduced rod from 16 inch to 12 whick makes it roll up easier
87 persent larger openings in the boads,
3 times stronger outter edge on the running boards,
All new plastic, lighter doorss, hood-lights-airbox all slide off with 4 bolts exposing the whole engine compartment, take 2 minutes to remove it

Steering is moved up 1 inch like freeride but can be ridden like old summit in about 1hr, to switch

New seat, lower and Smaller,
New rer button
New grab handle
New led tail light
New snow flap
New 8 inch further forward, better over the central mass of the sled, easier to pull up, ride opposite leg forward in tight stuff

Gauges face upwards

Improved cooling system hose routing
Vent hose routing improved
Fuel hose routing improved
Lubricationhose routing improved
Double bleeder for head to keep air out of the dome of the head

New purge collector allows coolant to flow in the direction of the tank and creates a vacum to help draw trapped air out of the whole cooling system

Handle bars are 24mm wider

It is all these things that make it feel lighter, ride better and for the rider to do things easier. Cheers dave

Sprint5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Problem is i have rode the E-TEC xp and love it. I need to ride the XM to compare,
I have but in 5 feet of fresh. There is no difference in lots of snow between the XM and the XP other then the look of the sled. But when there is a little bit of packed snow the suspension makes a huge difference. A toddler could throw around the 2013 XM. My ten year old brother pulled the sled on to its side holding onto the mountain bar with one hand. I say its all how much money you want to spend.

Highmaintenence

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get the new XM! I just snow checked my new one two weeks ago! The icing is the E-Tec...can't beat that at 164 plus HP out of the box! Proven technology that works...The sled - What can I say, its the way to go with a new Summit X!

Top Bottom