Thoughts: Aftermarket Turbo Kit or New Doo Turbo!?

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
Do you do anything else with your time other than troll here?

The government told me I had to stay home. I am a law abiding citizen. So I adhere.

What do you think I should be doing? I like to entertain dum Bertans. It’s a hobby for me. I provide anger, laughter and knowledge to all who read my spew. Just like you! Haha

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok a diesel engine is a bad example. its build a heck of alot stronger than the other 2 stroke 850s and 800s available.

I'd argue that's still debatable without a full in depth analysis by an engineer.

IMO most sled engines don't fail from a lack of strength, of course a few examples of pto ends shearing off and snapping rods do come to mind, but most failures appear to occur from either poor fuel quality and detonation, lean burn down, or the big cause a lack of lubrication to meet emissions causing seized pistons and bearing failure.

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll be the first to admit that stock is gay. Aftermarket all the way. Hey I'm a poet and I didn't even know it.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok a diesel engine is a bad example. its build a heck of alot stronger than the other 2 stroke 850s and 800s available.

No not not far off really, look at the design and there are alot of similar designs that are shared with the automotive industry.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The problem with the DOO is they build weak motors and don't like boost. 5 Lb max or they blow apart. Cat motors can take big boost because they build their motors stronger than they need to.

We were out with Redline's climber a few months back, Dave had got a new bad ass turbine wheel from Garette that weeekend, can't remember number, but it was big.. he said he was not sure how sled would get home today before we left.. thought a internal of engine would let go.. I was on his stock HI kit doing double digit boost, and he had a marginal gain over what I was doing.. like dam near 10mph track speed.. he hit rev limiter on a few climbs, max weight he could add to primary.. had a whistle like a tractor puller.. but he made the day and we climbed some ulgy long pulls..

The motor likes bossssst

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were out with Redline's climber a few months back, Dave had got a new bad ass turbine wheel from Garette that weeekend, can't remember number, but it was big.. he said he was not sure how sled would get home today before we left.. thought a internal of engine would let go.. I was on his stock HI kit doing double digit boost, and he had a marginal gain over what I was doing.. like dam near 10mph track speed.. he hit rev limiter on a few climbs, max weight he could add to primary.. had a whistle like a tractor puller.. but he made the day and we climbed some ulgy long pulls..

The motor likes bossssst

Do you know what frame size your turbo is? Are you running like a 3000 series garrett? Just wondering if there is much to be gained by running something larger than the GT2860RS I have.

Top Bottom