Thoughts: Aftermarket Turbo Kit or New Doo Turbo!?

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you ever rode one? The 927 is far from
Impressive. Factory Boost will walk all over it
So MaXi if the 927 has 200 n/a hp at sea LeveL ..thaT means aT 6500 ft and above the 927 will have 160hp MAXimum ...skidoo 850T will for sure walk all over the 927... And on the fliP side what does thaT say for guYs who ride in the mountains at an average Riding area of 5500 - 7000 ft and above ...kinda makes the 927 obsolete unless your riding below 5000ft

Last edited:

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So MaXi if the 927 has 200 n/a hp at sea LeveL ..thaT means aT 6500 ft and above the 927 will have 160hp MAXimum ...skidoo 850T will for sure walk all over the 927... And on the fliP side what does thaT say for guYs who ride in the mountains at an average Riding area of 5500 - 7000 ft and above ...kinda makes the 927 obsolete unless your riding below 5000ft

There is no way a 927 has 200 hp.

JustChilling19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So after putting some more thought into this, and reading everyone’s feedback, I’m still on the fence. On one hand Doo may have a abundance of snowcheck’s that people back out of. If Corona continues and they can’t produce the sled they may not, but at that point a guy has to question whether we’ll even be riding next winter.

I am certainly not shelling out for a new aftermarket kit. I may try source a used kit off kijji. If anyone is looking to sell their kit feel free to message me separately. If I could pick one up for dirt cheap it would probably be worth it. What kit would everyone recommend?

If no kit is available at a reasonable price I’ll just leave the sled alone and see how things pan out. Could you imagine a $3000 rebate on a new turbo doo? Maybe a demo unit or leftover 2020.5. Factory turbo is definitely what I want but ski doo is going to have to adjust to the coming financial crunch we’re heading into!!!

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
The kits are just repeat installs.
Do you actually think each sled is taken to mountains for tuning by the shop.
Doo defiantly has a great thing going with the T-850.
But all the associated BS spread to tear down everything else is simply just BS.

No I was not talking about them taking it to the mountains, more like I have to buy it, then drive to a dealer or someone close at least to have them install it, then pay for that install and all the thing Lund carefully laid out. And you can't compare using non-current sleds unless you compare a non-current factory turbo, not really available yet. All this shows is the guys who know how to install are the guys loving the higher hp turbo's and it makes sense, as they don't have associated cost that 95% of riders who have including me, this also explains why they always suggest it is pull an go as if you installed it then you usually know a lot and are pretty handy in knowing your stuff and in general these are they types that love to tinker and fix, that is why they say they never have to tinker, to me i would and it would be a hassle, to the 5% who know they love it. I am not trying to bash the aftermarket at all but being truthful i dont want the hassles of ordering an aftermarket, installing it or paying to install it then figuring it all out. I love stock cause I spend all my time riding, not adjusting or installing and I believe that is the the 90%. If you want to aftermarket and more HP and av gas etc, its awesome have at her, but it is not for the majority.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So after putting some more thought into this, and reading everyone’s feedback, I’m still on the fence. On one hand Doo may have a abundance of snowcheck’s that people back out of. If Corona continues and they can’t produce the sled they may not, but at that point a guy has to question whether we’ll even be riding next winter.

I am certainly not shelling out for a new aftermarket kit. I may try source a used kit off kijji. If anyone is looking to sell their kit feel free to message me separately. If I could pick one up for dirt cheap it would probably be worth it. What kit would everyone recommend?

If no kit is available at a reasonable price I’ll just leave the sled alone and see how things pan out. Could you imagine a $3000 rebate on a new turbo doo? Maybe a demo unit or leftover 2020.5. Factory turbo is definitely what I want but ski doo is going to have to adjust to the coming financial crunch we’re heading into!!!

Do not buy a used turbo kit, ever. There is no reason to pull a perfect running turbo kit off a sled, a sh!tty running one well that's a different story. The odds of you getting all the parts and pieces it originally had are slim IMO. Do a search on people installing used turbo kits, you'll find a lot of posts of them not running right and the frustration people are having trying to get the to run right.

HP costs money, you can either pay upfront or you can pay a whole lot more later.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do not buy a used turbo kit, ever. There is no reason to pull a perfect running turbo kit off a sled, a sh!tty running one well that's a different story. The odds of you getting all the parts and pieces it originally had are slim IMO. Do a search on people installing used turbo kits, you'll find a lot of posts of them not running right and the frustration people are having trying to get the to run right.

HP costs money, you can either pay upfront or you can pay a whole lot more later.
No truer words

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cheap
fast
good

pick 2, you cant get all 3

So true with most modded toys
I tried cheap and fast on my car............
$ 18K later I tried fast and good, no issues while tearing the last 3 sets of tires off of the car.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It's still Lund Industrial...

Screenshot (83).png

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aftermarket has had kits out from early 2011 Etec days and fined tuned there kits over the years, they really raised the bar and held manufacturers hands build the doo kit they have now

Was out with Redline's Poo kits last month.. it was there first day out on 850 Poo kit and dam Was i impressed, he had to fine tune fueling over day, the det sensor is touchy..but seamed pretty basic tuning threw day, fine tuned rpm on clutching quick..we raced it across the lake 6500' and it at 6 lbs killed the new tdoo ever time, the poo skid held power very well and we climbed some pretty wild stuff after, his skis were in tack well, and easy to side hill, you will need better octane fuel thou att those boost levels

I have tried their doo 850 aftermarket kit this year and it's been a true pull and ride kit to date.. drop sled off on a Sunday and pick it up Friday ready to boost, there kit might not boost as quick as the new tdoo kit but it's not far off, and comes with skid and drivers upgrade to take your ride to next level.. his kits run strong and his cell always on.. he has multiple different stages of hp and all can be upgraded latter for your costly needs.. even his lowest hp kit is much stronger than the new tdoo.. better fuel needed after 4 lbs..

Find good used 850s for a resonable price in both Poo/doo camps and aftermarket kits are resonablely priced.. keep a good chunk in bank account, Is my recommendation

The problem with the DOO is they build weak motors and don't like boost. 5 Lb max or they blow apart. Cat motors can take big boost because they build their motors stronger than they need to.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The problem with the DOO is they build weak motors and don't like boost. 5 Lb max or they blow apart. Cat motors can take big boost because they build their motors stronger than they need to.

I just got an old 800 XM but it ran for +6000km at 7lbs boost. did a preventative complete rebuild at 9700kms in december just because and it still had 145 psi in each jug but the crank was well out of spec. i'll take that for a 2 stroke turbo with weak motor any day of the week.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 225494

Show me how the cat engine is stronger than the 850 build like a diesel truck LOL

Really!!!!
Doo&Mud, DOO&MUD, DOO&MUD, DOO&MUD
Why do people even try to post that something is equal to or God forbid better than a Doo?
You ae just gonna get gunned down.
BTW aftermarket turbs rock!
LMFAO

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just got an old 800 XM but it ran for +6000km at 7lbs boost. did a preventative complete rebuild at 9700kms in december just because and it still had 145 psi in each jug but the crank was well out of spec. i'll take that for a 2 stroke turbo with weak motor any day of the week.

I suspect a PRAIRIE RUNNER or DOODLER

Top Bottom