Factory turbo vs aftermarket turbo

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the big question for an older chassis rider and cheap mofo lol, how does the factory turbo stack against an aftermarket kit? Ignoring the better chassis handling etc (i am currently on an 11 pro rmk with aftermarket suspension and 37" stance).

I am looking to go turbo in the next year or two and considering just putting a kit on my current ride vs a bunch of cash for a newer factory turbo.

Any pros/cons/info/suggestions welcome.

Looking at silber or mnttek, prefer a quiet muffler option.

Last edited:

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don’t know from personal experience but those Pro RMK 800’s work good boosted. My Buddy has one with a Boost-it kit. Runs like a dream year after year. He doesn’t get out as much as the rest of our group but it never misses a beat.

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have had both, and ridden with many turbos. Factory turbos, much better bottom end, almost seamless power delivery. Aftermarket turbos have more lag, and typically a lot more top end.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a '13 pro with a Boost-It kit. They work well and make lots of power, it's lots of fun and sure gives a guy sore arms and shoulders by the end of the day.

Honestly though at this point I'd just like a N/A 850 Matryx, I'd still keep the turbo, but I'd like a more nimble and responsive machine for most days.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
@Chrisco

maybe you are the guy i should be asking?
Sell the 2011 and move on the ECU is out dated for a good running turbo set up , or go with a 2016 and up and use a kit that flashes the ECU they will run the best. If its in the budget my choice would be a factory turbo, Polaris or Skidoo with warranty !!

JustChilling19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked up a super low KM Axys 800 with a boondocker kit this year. Sled has run great, pull and go. Will never go back after getting used to the power, and fun, of the turbo.

Seriously considering snowchecking a factory boost. My buddy who just got his, and is coming off the same sled setup, said the boost ‘makes my boondocker feel like a non-turbo’.

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked up a super low KM Axys 800 with a boondocker kit this year. Sled has run great, pull and go. Will never go back after getting used to the power, and fun, of the turbo.

Seriously considering snowchecking a factory boost. My buddy who just got his, and is coming off the same sled setup, said the boost ‘makes my boondocker feel like a non-turbo’.

Sending u a pm

Top Bottom