the suv looks really nice.

going forward they should make all evs have universal charging plugs imo

Last edited:

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the suv looks really nice.

going forward they should make all evs have universal charging plugs imo

It's a little bit of a gongshow for charging plugs. Tesla has their own plug which has locking capability. J1772 is kind of a standard plug for AC charging. CHadEMo is Nissans fast DC plug. CCS is looking like it's the new standard for DC charging. I can use everything except for CCS right now. The chademo adapter is $600 and it only charges at 50kw which is pretty slow.

Europe uses CCS as a standard so it's a lot more simplified.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Amazing how many Tesla’s one sees driving in Southern California, will be interesting if ford steps up with infrastructure in a big way with e-stang.

Im getting more interested in owning an electric...

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Barely sustainable with incentives and tax credits, wonder how well it will work with higher taxes and fees. a per liter tax is easier to swallow than a one time registration fee upon renewal. Imagine I go to register my Nissan Leaf and because I travel 50,000km per year and have to pay a $0.04 per km fee (equivalent to a $0.40/L tax on a vehicle @ 10L/100km) I will have to pay a $2000 tax on top of my registration fee.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Barely sustainable with incentives and tax credits, wonder how well it will work with higher taxes and fees. a per liter tax is easier to swallow than a one time registration fee upon renewal. Imagine I go to register my Nissan Leaf and because I travel 50,000km per year and have to pay a $0.04 per km fee (equivalent to a $0.40/L tax on a vehicle @ 10L/100km) I will have to pay a $2000 tax on top of my registration fee.

There is no road tax for EV. So you would be paying 0$ a year.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why? not like they spend the road tax on maintaining roads.

the roads are falling apart. the "road tax" is a crock of chit if you ask me
So is the government that collects it. So much bloat and waste in anything government, it's sick. But that's a topic for another thread.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There will be very soon. The government isn't going to loose out on that revenue. And it’s BS there isn’t one right now, they use the roads and need to pay their fair share.
Like a drug dealer, get you hooked for free and then hit you full price.

That poor bastard in Newfoundland with the net Zero house has to pay tax on the power he generates.

Top Bottom