My experience with the Tesla Model 3

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m sure it’s buried somewhere in this 80 page thread but to run say a full tank equivalent for a car in equivalent performance to a Tesla 3 with dual motors what does the true electrical cost at home?

bmw/Audi m3 or S5 for example 500km $55-60 in premium

Tesla model 3 performance 500Km. ??? Addition to home bill with 240 plugs ALL services charges and power cost _________

15 dollars is a full tank. (75kwh x $0.20)
Model 3 performance has 20” wheels and sticky tires with more rolling resistance so energy usage is a little higher.
240-300km to a charge in winter conditions.
400-420km in the summer.
Depends how heavy your right foot is as well. These are highway numbers and in town you will do a lot better.
It will depend a lot for the install of electrical on where you need the plug and your panel location.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha ha thanks for posting I literally just spend 30 mins on this thread to find that out...

Bought an M car last summer for a spare vehicle it’s a cool car but think a Tesla would be fun, I care not for all the bs why not to buy one I just think would be cool car for a coupe years I’m wired 240 / 30 amp to my garage so think should be pretty straight forward to hook up.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Ha ha thanks for posting I literally just spend 30 mins on this thread to find that out...

Bought an M car last summer for a spare vehicle it’s a cool car but think a Tesla would be fun, I care not for all the bs why not to buy one I just think would be cool car for a coupe years I’m wired 240 / 30 amp to my garage so think should be pretty straight forward to hook up.

I've been looking at M3's for quite a while now and will buy one when the right deal comes along.... the miata will do for now, but I would definitely buy a Model 3 simply for the cool factor if it was in my toy budget.

Sled denny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am wondering how good they will be the cars have come a long way so hope it is good for you thanks for sharing

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Punctuation is used to create sense, clarity and stress in sentences. You use punctuation marks to structure and organise your writing.

You can quickly see why punctuation is important if you try and read this text which has no punctuation at all:

perhaps you dont always need to use commas periods colons etc to make sentences clear when i am in a hurry tired cold lazy or angry i sometimes leave out punctuation marks grammar is stupid i can write without it and dont need it my uncle Harry once said he was not very clever and i never understood a word he wrote to me i think ill learn some punctuation not too much enough to write to Uncle Harry he needs some help

Now let's see if punctuating it makes a difference!

Perhaps you don't always need to use commas, periods, colons etc. to make sentences clear. When I am in a hurry, tired, cold, lazy, or angry I sometimes leave out punctuation marks. "Grammar is stupid! I can write without it and don't need it," my uncle Harry once said. He was not very clever, and I never understood a word he wrote to me. I think I'll learn some punctuation - not too much, enough to write to Uncle Harry. He needs some help!

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

probably good business to be charging that much for all the tweak's.

you going to get that?

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
probably good business to be charging that much for all the tweak's.

you going to get that?

I don't think I will. It's already at 4.2s and this would take it to 3.7s. Already hard to be nice to the tires as is. Works out to about 40hp to the wheels. Just kinda neat that you can hit a button on your phone and make your car faster.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think I will. It's already at 4.2s and this would take it to 3.7s. Already hard to be nice to the tires as is. Works out to about 40hp to the wheels. Just kinda neat that you can hit a button on your phone and make your car faster.

it is pretty cool. too bad the updates weren't free, but I'm sure they like this way better haha

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it is pretty cool. too bad the updates weren't free, but I'm sure they like this way better haha

The first 40hp were free to get you hooked, now you gotta pay. It started at 4.7s to 60 and then went to 4.2s for free, so really can't complain about that.
For people that didn't buy the performance model it makes a nice middle category between the regular dual motor and the dual motor performance model.

I'm more excited about the hw3 computer upgrade and ability to read traffic signs (speed limit, stop signs, etc) and automatic stopping at red lights.

Bikeswithtrax

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Tesla loses such a ridiculous amount of money annually, it should be charging 5 million dollars for that software upgrade to help its bottom line. Lol
Shareholders must stay awake sweating all night with how poorly this company is being run.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tesla finally made a profit this year.
Tesla is gaining market share and pushing new technologies.
there is a lot of tesla bulls out there.

that said the stock market is highly over valued right now, they are selling dreams not profits, the Fed is pumping huge amounts of money into the banking system right now to.keep it above water and I like silver, gold, bitcoin and cash flow real estate right now..

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tesla loses such a ridiculous amount of money annually, it should be charging 5 million dollars for that software upgrade to help its bottom line. Lol
Shareholders must stay awake sweating all night with how poorly this company is being run.

Ok....

Top Bottom