My experience with the Tesla Model 3

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Still up 20% on the year.... August would have been a nice time to buy in. I watched it fall from February to August and was going to pull the trigger but went with Apple instead, Apple's been good +92% but if I had of gone with Tesla I's be +170%

the one year chart tells a bit different story, but yeah tesla stock has done well over time.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tesla loses such a ridiculous amount of money annually, it should be charging 5 million dollars for that software upgrade to help its bottom line. Lol
Shareholders must stay awake sweating all night with how poorly this company is being run.

Huh????

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might help one day if they could actually build something that looks better than a plain ole 4 door sedan. EVERY OTHER BRAND has at least tried to help in the styling department.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still up 20% on the year.... August would have been a nice time to buy in. I watched it fall from February to August and was going to pull the trigger but went with Apple instead, Apple's been good +92% but if I had of gone with Tesla I's be +170%

S&P 500's up over 20% on the year also. Its been a good year for most big stocks. Its been pretty good for the last 10years as matter of fact, the longest bull run in history.

The bubble is probably going to burst at some point though (could be real ugly). The Fed is pumping a lot of money in right now and its still climbing as a result. How long can they keep doing this before something gives? What do you figure? Can the bull run go another ten years?

I know Warren Buffet is sitting on 130billion in cash and Ray Dalio has a large short position against the market.

At least Apple has a good price to earnings ratio, Tesla not so much...

Like I said earlier, a lot of the stock prices today are based on dreams and not on profits.

Last edited:

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All the superchargers under construction just got turned on last night. Should be able to drive from Vancouver to Halifax now. Most of the new ones are V3 with peak charging at 250KW.

The petrocanada fast chargers along this route are completed as well, so other brands of EV can do this trip.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All the superchargers under construction just got turned on last night. Should be able to drive from Vancouver to Halifax now. Most of the new ones are V3 with peak charging at 250KW.

The petrocanada fast chargers along this route are completed as well, so other brands of EV can do this trip.
Do they have squeegees and bug wash/washer fluid at these charging stations?

One of the local fellas that has a Telsa is always stopping in at the COOP card lock to use theirs. Made me do a double take the first time I saw the guy pull up to the pumps haha.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do they have squeegees and bug wash/washer fluid at these charging stations?

One of the local fellas that has a Telsa is always stopping in at the COOP card lock to use theirs. Made me do a double take the first time I saw the guy pull up to the pumps haha.

That is one thing a lot of people have asked for. I think some of the ones in the USA have this but none in Canada that I’m aware of. I got some optimum no rinse from Amazon and it seems to work really well on the bug guts stuck to the front bumper.

Most chargers are pretty close to gas stations anyways so it’s not really a big deal to walk over and get washer fluid if you need it.

All the chargers are running 24/7 as well so it might be easier to charge at 3am than it is to find gas in certain situations.

Some people have requested air compressors as well but I just keep a 12v one in my lower trunk compartment.

Last edited:

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ha ha. Coast to Coast yet again ....always so funny how Canada stops at Halifax ....

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Almost bought an electric KTM mini bike for the kids and the big kid. Lol
I was super impressed, Very cool but it was pricey.

mxz800x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's the average cost to recharge at these recharging stations. What's the cost compared to purchasing petro. Let me rephrase this. If you travel 400km in a EV what's the cost to recharge. Now what would the cost of fuel be if you had a vehicle that gets 35 mpg and travels 400km. Fuel is at 100.9 litre.

Last edited:

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's the average cost to recharge at these recharging stations. What's the cost compared to purchasing petro. Let me rephrase this. If you travel 400km in a EV what's the cost to recharge. Now what would the cost of fuel be if you had a vehicle that gets 35 mpg and travels 400km. Fuel is at 100.9 litre.

Lots of different stuff to measure. Depending on the cost of electricity, it costs about 5 to 8 cents per mile depending on where you charge it according to
https://www.solarreviews.com/blog/h...as-the-cost-to-charge-other-electric-vehicles
Using Petro Canada, it might even be free according to their website https://www.petro-canada.ca/en/personal/fuel/ev-fast-charge-network

Fuel at 35 MPG is about 13 cents per mile if using a Canadian gallon with 4.54 liters X 100.9 = $4.58/35

As has been mentioned, lots of factors including temperature, driving habits etc.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was driving back home from Vancouver and stopped for gas in North van. There was hydrogen fuel pump going in. There are 2 of them going in BC. These are for fuel cell electric vehicles. Haven't even heard about them but seem Toyota and Hyundai are bringing out models. Only 5 min to refuel. Seem interesting.

Top Bottom