My Christmas week - Brain bleed - Stroke - Updated Dec 22, 2023

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
did they give you any idea as to what the timeline is for your transfer to the Glenrose? Or how long they anticipate you'll be there for?
In the nexr few daya of course im stuck in this horrible system. Just totally fed up wirh hearibg were short staffed and different nurses 2 times a day end each time im asked all about how iim feeling. What’s weong, name,….. get with it do r we people that can read a computer. Thank got for philipino people rhey do work here in Canada.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
In the nexr few daya of course im stuck in this horrible system. Just totally fed up wirh hearibg were short staffed and different nurses 2 times a day end each time im asked all about how iim feeling. What’s weong, name,….. get with it do r we people that can read a computer. Thank got for philipino people rhey do work here in Canada.
They used to ask grandma her name and credentials every time too. It's multi purpose. Verifies your memory and mental state and confirms they have the right pills for you.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
They used to ask grandma her name and credentials every time too. It's multi purpose. Verifies your memory and mental state and confirms they have the right pills for you.
Right, i had a mental exam today passed with 100%. Had to think about the Camel for a bit. Started as a giraffe but then i said wait. Its when they get new staff as they move around wards daily then your back to square one.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
careful this threads about Ron. better stay on topic or the thread will go poof......lol

J/J of course. Big congrats!!!
All good I have connections lol . There not that great but I have them non the less lol!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
While finally the good news is in. Im moving over to the glenrose tomorrow morning for my much needed rehab this is more than exciting, brian you better hurry up with my sled and Mother Nature start dumping in Valemount please.
Your enthusiasm is admirable Ron, glad they are getting you across the road, and hopefully they will start to allow you some social interaction as well.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Your enthusiasm is admirable Ron, glad they are getting you across the road, and hopefully they will start to allow you some social interaction as well.
Its more the constant pure rehabilitation im after, not real fun sitting here looking like a zombie. I had some swallow tests today ate a full container of butterscotch pudding no issues.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right, i had a mental exam today passed with 100%. Had to think about the Camel for a bit. Started as a giraffe but then i said wait. Its when they get new staff as they move around wards daily then your back to square one.
IMG_4036.jpeg

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad things are going well. Here's to a quick recovery.

Can i ask what happened? Was it a stroke? Totally understand if you want to keep it private. Just curious. You seem like a pretty young healthy guy for all this stuff to be happening

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Glad things are going well. Here's to a quick recovery.

Can i ask what happened? Was it a stroke? Totally understand if you want to keep it private. Just curious. You seem like a pretty young healthy guy for all this stuff to be happening
Yes stroke affected the back left side of brain. Affected my ability to balance myself, motor controls of left leg and down, my ability to swallow, and some more denser numbness on right side. Im recovering very fast due to my age and stubbornness. I am pushing myself quite hard. Tonight we packed my room then my mom left. I told the nurse im going for a shower, then did that, re-dressed and walked back to my room and sat down. Nurse appeared shocked, lol. Not sure why who knows maybe was on overdrive for too long at work as we been flat out for 6 months. Well i hired more people and they have started so im not leaving my house at 3 am and putting in 20 hr shifts for 3 weeks straight. I have to take an aspirin every day now and i should be good to go. And for the anti-vaxxers out there i did have the first two pyser covid shots and will not be having any more and currently there is no relation to all of this but im not going there or this thread will not be going there, please leave alone. Thanks all

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Went to the glenrose yesterday, wgat a different world here. Time for rehabilitation, the doctors, nurses and techs are great, things will happen here. Like going forward 50 years in a day. Time to get better and go home. Now how about them Oilers that was a good game again - 5 in a row. .

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear things are progressing for you now Ron. Good luck with the rehab!

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went to the glenrose yesterday, wgat a different world here. Time for rehabilitation, the doctors, nurses and techs are great, things will happen here. Like going forward 50 years in a day. Time to get better and go home. Now how about them Oilers that was a good game again - 5 in a row. .
See you boxing day in Vale again 😉.

Get well soon buddy!

Top Bottom