My Christmas week - Brain bleed - Stroke - Updated Dec 22, 2023

The big greasy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had surgery and they installed a big tube into my stomach for feeding me. Starting Physio today as I don’t have any balance anymore and everything spins a message to learn how to walk again. I seem to get better every day. My eyesight is very blurry at times and tough to read and write. Thanks for all.

Stay positive and keep forging ahead. Hope you get well soon.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Had surgery and they installed a big tube into my stomach for feeding me. Starting Physio today as I don’t have any balance anymore and everything spins a message to learn how to walk again. I seem to get better every day. My eyesight is very blurry at times and tough to read and write. Thanks for all.
Easy does it buddy.
This is not a race. You need yourself time to heal.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Talked to Ron this afternoon , Long road ahead but he was kind enough to let me know he wouldn’t be going sledding on the 29, and he was serious, lol.was good go hear he was already improving .The guy is made of steel!
Speedy Recovery Budd! 🍺

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
581fc469a4540fdccdf6e3d82b597016.jpg

I see he’s been taking it easy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Update...Ron has been trying to work but gets headaches and vision is blurry when on computer. He will have his own walker tomorrow. He figures a few days with therapy using a walker and he will be out of the hospital. The doctor figures longer but anybody who knows Ron knows he will push himself to be up and about

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Update...Ron has been trying to work but gets headaches and vision is blurry when on computer. He will have his own walker tomorrow. He figures a few days with therapy using a walker and he will be out of the hospital. The doctor figures longer but anybody who knows Ron knows he will push himself to be up and about
He will push but I think they will really do their best to make sure he's fully ready before they let him walk out the door

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He will push but I think they will really do their best to make sure he's fully ready before they let him walk out the door

Hopefully he takes the time to take it easy and heal properly. The brain is nothing to mess with.

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Somthing I have to constantly push with my folks is no more shots. The brainwashing runs so deep with them and the news I have to constantly drive home what is happening and bring them back to reality that the news lies.

Stay safe, stay strong and best wishes for a speedy recovery!

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Thanks all, today will mark a turning point as i dont want to be this hospital long. Very noisy and lots of disruptions. This week ill find my legs again, start walking. Swallow again and eat real food. . My hands work fine so good to go there. Recovery will take dedication and im ready.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As someone who spent nearly 6 months every night in a hospital sleeping on the bench in my daughters room there is no such thing as peaceful sleep. Hang in there Ron. The days are long and the nights longer. Find ways to keep the mind active and the body will follow. Every nurse try to make her laugh or engage conversation and they will make your stay so much better.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As someone who spent nearly 6 months every night in a hospital sleeping on the bench in my daughters room there is no such thing as peaceful sleep. Hang in there Ron. The days are long and the nights longer. Find ways to keep the mind active and the body will follow. Every nurse try to make her laugh or engage conversation and they will make your stay so much better.
ya, Just don't make mention of Mittons at the legion in Blue River.

Denali2966

Reaction score
Ron,

Best of luck with the recovery, stay strong, my mother went through a similar kind of event a few years back. It was definitely an uphill battle, and it took her a little while, but she is back to herself!

Dan

Top Bottom