Muskoka Freerider

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You would think so but it has worked every time for me by starting it and letting it idle on a 2017, and 2018 800 and a 22 boost.

So you’ve had 4 clutches fly off and you’re still buying Polaris? No wonder they aren’t fixing the issue everyone’s still lining up to buy that junk. Special breed you guys are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 23 G5 165 NA womans / kids sled right now that I have a love hate relationship with maybe this week end will cure that. lol

2017 Axys bolt broke on my son bolt exited the side panel he has no idea when it happened but the clutch stayed on the whole time with out the bolt. LOL

2018 Axys with redline turbo the clutch broke in half fived sheave stayed on the crank he shut in down because it was shaking. Clutch was still attached bolt was bent, straightened the bolt, bolted the broken half back on and rode it up 3 big climbs then towed it out.

2022 was some poor bugger on the hill that I showed him how to get the bolt out.

I probably would buy a 850 Polaris maybe even a 9r or Boost and put a P85 on it yep.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So you’ve had 4 clutches fly off and you’re still buying Polaris? No wonder they aren’t fixing the issue everyone’s still lining up to buy that junk. Special breed you guys are

Yes Shawn they are that good that guys will put up with their issues. That said, Polaris is fixing this issue but the fix has not been released yet. Hopefully by changing the bolt every 600 kms we can stay ahead of it, for now. (about as long as your belts last, only cheaper to replace).

On another note the only 2 sleds we had to tow out of the backcountry in the last 2 seasons were BRP. One 23 Lynx with a blown motor and the second a 23 Doo Turbo-R with a blown ECM. How in the heck can you Doo riders plan for those kind of issues?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes Shawn they are that good that guys will put up with their issues. That said, Polaris is fixing this issue but the fix has not been released yet. Hopefully by changing the bolt every 600 kms we can stay ahead of it, for now. (about as long as your belts last, only cheaper to replace).

On another note the only 2 sleds we had to tow out of the backcountry in the last 2 seasons were BRP. One 23 Lynx with a blown motor and the second a 23 Doo Turbo-R with a blown ECM. How in the heck can you Doo riders plan for those kind of issues?
It’s fine to get ahead of the problem Chris and change out the clutch bolt every 600kms but I understand they are on back order probably because everyone is buying them up to do that. What about the guys that haven’t done that? They had the problem in 23 and were supposed to solve it for 24. They obviously didn’t do that so what makes you think it will be solved for 25? Sounds to me it’s a harmonics issue and the only solution is a completely different clutch because the P85 sure never had these issues. Polaris doesn’t want to admit they made a mistake so are probably looking for a way where they don’t have to buy everyone a new clutch.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Clutch bolts are a major component. They shouldn’t be a wear item. I can’t believe all the defensive comments on the garbage of the Polaris clutches and motors of the past.
Wasn’t it in the mid 2000s when if you owned a polaris the guides wouldn’t even take you out. Didn’t wanna be Dragon you home. Maybe it was the 2012 800 I can’t remember.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s fine to get ahead of the problem Chris and change out the clutch bolt every 600kms but I understand they are on back order probably because everyone is buying them up to do that. What about the guys that haven’t done that? They had the problem in 23 and were supposed to solve it for 24. They obviously didn’t do that so what makes you think it will be solved for 25? Sounds to me it’s a harmonics issue and the only solution is a completely different clutch because the P85 sure never had these issues. Polaris doesn’t want to admit they made a mistake so are probably looking for a way where they don’t have to buy everyone a new clutch.
New clutch is coming.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddies grenaded today. What a pain in the A$$. Went all the way back to town where lucky he had a spare. The other two guys I was riding with were already on their second replacement. Like figure your sh*t out Polaris best day of the year ruined. I don’t even want to ride with these POS machines if you have 3-4 in your group guaranteed ones losing a clutch.

At this point if a guy hasn't had to make a speed run back to the truck or town to get P22 clutch parts / replacement clutch / bolt / torque wrench / install tools, you can't even call yourself a mountain rider.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Clutch bolts are a major component. They shouldn’t be a wear item. I can’t believe all the defensive comments on the garbage of the Polaris clutches and motors of the past.
You are right, they should not be a wear item. There is no excuse for this issue. That said, we whine and stay home or take preventative measures. I know what I will do.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wasn’t it in the mid 2000s when if you owned a polaris the guides wouldn’t even take you out. Didn’t wanna be Dragon you home. Maybe it was the 2012 800 I can’t remember.

2008 it was. I was one of the poor bastards who bought one!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I follow Bak40 recovery on facebook, used to be snowfarmers. They got a sled built to tow broken down sleds out. There has been far more doos on the hook than any other sled. Now granted there are more than likely more doos out there but not that many more.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I follow Bak40 recovery on facebook, used to be snowfarmers. They got a sled built to tow broken down sleds out. There has been far more doos on the hook than any other sled. Now granted there are more than likely more doos out there but not that many more.

nothing to do with reliability. Its the fact that polaris guys are SO prepared and i will give them that. Spare clutches in their trailers, spare this, spare that, every tool known to man to get that POS off the hill. My buddy this weekend knew exactly which shelf his spare clutch bolts were on, exactly where his T60 socket was, torque wrench, spare clutch so i could grab it and come back up.

we are spoiled as skidoo guys when the thing actually breaks we dont know what to do!! i dont even have spare spark plugs :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nothing to do with reliability. Its the fact that polaris guys are SO prepared and i will give them that. Spare clutches in their trailers, spare this, spare that, every tool known to man to get that POS off the hill. My buddy this weekend knew exactly which shelf his spare clutch bolts were on, exactly where his T60 socket was, torque wrench, spare clutch so i could grab it and come back up.

we are spoiled as skidoo guys when the thing actually breaks we dont know what to do!! i dont even have spare spark plugs :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Yah my doos were great to me. Ran awesome never left me stranded, 2014 xm was hard on belts imo 450-700km wasn’t the best. Polaris actually never left me stranded but was absolutely amazed how far you could drive with it running on one cylinder shooting fire balls out the exhaust. But it had the original belt and 6 motors lol

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah my doos were great to me. Ran awesome never left me stranded, 2014 xm was hard on belts imo 450-700km wasn’t the best. Polaris actually never left me stranded but was absolutely amazed how far you could drive with it running on one cylinder shooting fire balls out the exhaust. But it had the original belt and 6 motors lol

watched many 900 dragons blow by the cabin on one cylinder lmao

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Lmfao

Ummm Dawson didn't even make 400 km , and it's change bolt every 400 km I seen posted

Still , I thought cats had bad clutches , wrong answer

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
08 to 10 , 800 dragon

Draging the dragon lol

I've done it
01a76d95c33516f8254e1bd2bb07898f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

Top Bottom