Muskoka Freerider

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't for the life of me figure out brps business strategy. Squeeze out mom and pop dealerships that actually care about their customers for these mega dealers that don't seem to give a fawk about their customers. I'd love to see more smaller dealerships. It's amazing HOW bad the employees are at alot of the big places. It's like they don't even talk to you like your a human
Bingo, when brp shut down Dale at h20 ( long story to that ) , I would not deal with banner at all

Then the mountain park fiasco

Hence why I switched brands , fk brp and their bull chit

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol enjoy riding an inferior sled because you didnt get a hug at the door
Ya well there ya go

Unfortunately, to run a doo

I'd either have to drive 5 hours to get good service , or send sled to Courtney for service , as banner sucks donkey dynk

Dale was a great dealer, 5000 km hey do you like to walk he would say , we better put pistons in ( they were past spec when he did they ) under warranty

That's a good mom and pop service dealer , not the chit show brp wants now

Shuswap Extreme is same way , rory is top notch service , why I switched brands and still love my alpha

Took a bit tho , I'll admit that , kinda like when i went from my rev to the xp , by the end the xp was ok ish , but it still wasn't the rev , I had it set up great

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol enjoy riding an inferior sled because you didnt get a hug at the door
Oh and to add to that

I know your super bias Sean, but let's use a 22 850 n.a expert as example, the alpha is right there if not a touch past it , in most cases , even tho it's lacking cc

That track and setup on a alpha makes it a overachiever , kinda like the 700 wild cat sxs , it was a 800 rzr killer

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh and to add to that

I know your super bias Sean, but let's use a 22 850 n.a expert as example, the alpha is right there if not a touch past it , in most cases , even tho it's lacking cc

That track and setup on a alpha makes it a overachiever , kinda like the 700 wild cat sxs , it was a 800 rzr killer

haha i know just grinding your gears. Courtney is great but yea 5 hours away is unacceptable

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha i know just grinding your gears. Courtney is great but yea 5 hours away is unacceptable
Wasn't sure if ya were poking or not

I'll add the 850 rmk n.a to that too , it's there with them too

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya well there ya go

Unfortunately, to run a doo

I'd either have to drive 5 hours to get good service , or send sled to Courtney for service , as banner sucks donkey dynk

Dale was a great dealer, 5000 km hey do you like to walk he would say , we better put pistons in ( they were past spec when he did they ) under warranty

That's a good mom and pop service dealer , not the chit show brp wants now

Shuswap Extreme is same way , rory is top notch service , why I switched brands and still love my alpha

Took a bit tho , I'll admit that , kinda like when i went from my rev to the xp , by the end the xp was ok ish , but it still wasn't the rev , I had it set up great

Dale was great if you bought from him. If you didn’t he could make you miserable. He treated my customers like crap when they were needing help. He could have worked a bit on his peoples skills.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dale was great if you bought from him. If you didn’t he could make you miserable. He treated my customers like crap when they were needing help. He could have worked a bit on his peoples skills.
Ya , I could that ish

But on the other hand , I can see his point of view

Guy comes in , never spent a cent in there , cops a attitude for Dale to drop what he's doing , take parts from a sellable sled to get the guy going , only for warranty time and never gets paid all the extra time ect

I could see that getting old fast , I seen myself , guys going in there , expect a miracle, but don't want to pay , and don't care about anyone but themselves

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Plus the deal breaker was brp wanted Dale to get into the sxs , with 150 grand plus of stock , Dale Said hey what about the 8 or 9 quads I have here , if this sxs is going yo be as big as you say , will I get any incentives to sell the quads cheaper

Brp told him no , no help with deals on the quads

Dale said well then , guess I'm not buying that much sxs inventory till the quads are just about sold out

hookedonboost

Reaction score
Dale is a good dude! Doesn't have time for Idiots. Dave, Matt & Arek at Powderlites are good people too.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya , I could that ish

But on the other hand , I can see his point of view

Guy comes in , never spent a cent in there , cops a attitude for Dale to drop what he's doing , take parts from a sellable sled to get the guy going , only for warranty time and never gets paid all the extra time ect

I could see that getting old fast , I seen myself , guys going in there , expect a miracle, but don't want to pay , and don't care about anyone but themselves

Oh for sure Jeff. It was more for me I sold a half dozen sleds in the Revy area to guys that wanted to deal with me and he got his chit in a knot about it reporting it to his DM. That DM then requested a meeting with me at a dealer meeting and I talked to my DM and asked what it was about. He contacted that DM and told me to not go that he would meet with him instead. My DM showed him on his laptop that Dale had sold 27 SeaDoos into southern Alberta last year and that was the end of it. I just told my customers when they called with a problem out that way that I would get them into Golden or Vernon’s shop to get looked at and never had an issue with either one. Both shops as a professional courtesy took care of my guys for me. Even my cousin Gord who worked for a Dale told me he needed to work on his peoples skills.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh for sure Jeff. It was more for me I sold a half dozen sleds in the Revy area to guys that wanted to deal with me and he got his chit in a knot about it reporting it to his DM. That DM then requested a meeting with me at a dealer meeting and I talked to my DM and asked what it was about. He contacted that DM and told me to not go that he would meet with him instead. My DM showed him on his laptop that Dale had sold 27 SeaDoos into southern Alberta last year and that was the end of it. I just told my customers when they called with a problem out that way that I would get them into Golden or Vernon’s shop to get looked at and never had an issue with either one. Both shops as a professional courtesy took care of my guys for me. Even my cousin Gord who worked for a Dale told me he needed to work on his peoples skills.
Ya , he does I agree

But I think over the years , it's bittered him lol

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ran into an unhappy Polaris 850 owner in the Frisbee parking lot Sunday. 16 spark plugs in 400k or something like that. He was trying to give the sled away to us🤣
Feel bad for anyone that cops out 20+ grand on a new sled and just wants to
Get out and enjoy it dont matter the brand shitty situation i remember in 17 when i got my first 850 doo i ended up riding the wifes xm most the winter luckily i had that option

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys hurt my head. I’ve never owned a sled with warranty. I wish I could buy a new sled with out warranty for a 4 grand rebate when I snow check

Top Bottom