Muskoka Freerider

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty hard to tell from an edited video the happenings of the the day.
They are full gear and radio team.
Very expienced at split and regroup.
At their rate of travel its easy to be apart 10 minutes if nobody radio checks.
How much happens in 10 minutes???
I'll hold off on any judgement, definately not useing that video to judge beyond the chit conditions.
Not putting my sled through that and it's only a Boost.

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it amazes me how much they split up and break apart from the group why all the hastle of the group if u only ever stick beside the one guy anyways, rule for us is whoever goes in comes out together no enterning a new zone or dropping till Were all Together
This. Unfortunately it may take a traumatizing close call such as being pinned under sled for 15 min to get some eyes opened.
They all seem like good guys, but are definitely pushing the envelope with some of their riding. Takes an extra level of preparedness and decision making in those situations.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty hard to tell from an edited video the happenings of the the day.
They are full gear and radio team.
Very expienced at split and regroup.
At their rate of travel its easy to be apart 10 minutes if nobody radio checks.
How much happens in 10 minutes???
I'll hold off on any judgement, definately not useing that video to judge beyond the chit conditions.
Not putting my sled through that and it's only a Boost.
10 minuets apart is a long time under a running sled, in a creek or head first in a tree well. Those are really easy predicaments to be in when riding the way they do. Its lights out in an avy type scenario. I cant judge, as our group splits up a lot. We have mostly all gone to trail tech to assist with making sure we know where everyone is. It’s definitely not fool proof.

Last edited:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
10 minuets apart is a long time under a running sled, in a creek or head first in a tree well. Those are really easy predicaments to be in when riding the way they do. Its lights out in an avy type scenario. I cant judge, as out group splits up a lot. We have mostly all gone to trail tech to assist with making sure we know where everyone is. It’s definitely not fool proof.
That's kind of what i meant.
Our crew has all the communication gear and at times we get split up.
Especially in the trees.
No team is perfect or dare i even say close a lot of the time.
Hence i try not to judge others and their issues at just a glance.

wheels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cringe watching these videos. It’s hard to tell in a video what exactly is happening but like stated things happen in seconds. It makes me nervous for these guys pushing for content to get the likes and subscribers. I watch to get an idea of conditions and see if I can figure out where they are riding. I wish them a safe season but they definitely push the limits.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Usually tho if someone smacks a tree you try to find the guy and take a peak and try to help him fix his sled or get it dug out but each crew has there own rules i must have a good group i ride with
That's kind of what i meant.
Our crew has all the communication gear and at times we get split up.
Especially in the trees.
No team is perfect or dare i even say close a lot of the time.
Hence i try not to judge others and their issues at just a glance.

Got Juice?

Reaction score
Unreal that hed leave his buddy who said he had smoked a tree behind and then bitch that he went to the truck without telling him. They should have turned around when the guy told them he smoked a tree.
100% correct. With cold and shock you HAVE to go back and assess the rider’s physical condition even if they say they are fine. Concussions are always fine until they’re not.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Usually tho if someone smacks a tree you try to find the guy and take a peak and try to help him fix his sled or get it dug out but each crew has there own rules i must have a good group i ride with
Absolutely, that is the right thing to do.
But, they were talking to each other in video, and I don't know what was or was not discussed.
Assumptions are like conspiracies is all I was getting at.

Top Bottom