Muskoka Freerider

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can any locals collaborate that? It may be more that they were pulling chunks of ice from the glacier and somebody didn’t like that. I think a 8” chunk of ice isn’t going to contribute to the death of a glacier.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can any locals collaborate that? It may be more that they were pulling chunks of ice from the glacier and somebody didn’t like that. I think a 8” chunk of ice isn’t going to contribute to the death of a glacier.
Was there a glacier on day 25? I saw them pack some ice on day 24.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was there a glacier on day 25? I saw them pack some ice on day 24.
There was a glacier in both videos. He collected the ice on day 24 and not day 25. Not sure why day 25 was pulled…I don’t recall anything egregious, but I’m not sure where they were riding.

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you ever put glacier ice in your rum and coke? Its terrible. Full of minerals may aswell throw a handfull of sand in
bullch!t ....maybe stuff downstream ...glacial ice about as pure as you can get ....we do get our glacial ice out of the sea and its way better than freezer ice ...

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bullch!t ....maybe stuff downstream ...glacial ice about as pure as you can get ....we do get our glacial ice out of the sea and its way better than freezer ice ...

The Revy stuff is good.
Especially the little bits of frozen caveman. I just think of it as added protein.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe there is different flavours of glacial ice? Surprised there is this many people that have tried it. 🥸

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't put anything from a glacier in my drink. If you go on one in the summer you will see why, I thinks it's snow mold, red in color and it's all over the glaciers here. Add in all the smoke and dirt particles from summer fires too. Definitely not pure clean ice.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I wouldn't put anything from a glacier in my drink. If you go on one in the summer you will see why, I thinks it's snow mold, red in color and it's all over the glaciers here. Add in all the smoke and dirt particles from summer fires too. Definitely not pure clean ice.
That red tint is pollen. I don't know where it comes from but like you say in the spring it is everywhere.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
That red tint is pollen. I don't know where it comes from but like you say in the spring it is everywhere.
Here are a couple of pictures from Harvey Pass taken on the longest day. I have noticed that in the spring when the lichens are nice and green and growing on the old dead balsam the "red snow" seems to be more abundant.

IMG_3178.JPG
IMG_3181.JPG
IMG_3184.JPG

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So its not a closed area or you are in big trouble buster! Lol
And to be fair to Matt the province revises the boarders of this park often. I have a two year old Backcountry road maps on my gps and the park boarders are different than the latest revision.
We are always losing access.

Top Bottom