Muskoka Freerider

fynnigan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Getting cocky. It’s one thing to do it,
but don’t post it ?

Kinda like the coolest video ever seen in the world. Guy jumped from the river boat and onto a moose and rode it to shore, then back on the boat amd they backed away. Was A crazy Unbelievable stunt. But that didn’t do well online lol.
Yup that was tuchodi lake . It really didn’t go with the CO service either

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 266695

muskokafreerider

As soon as @zac_oh suggested this I was fired up to make it happen! No shovel required

Oh Boy!
Not sure how this is gonna over with the local logging community..
Hearing rumblings in town about it already.

Kinda cool pic.....

I know exactly where that is, We tried that route route last year in 6ft of snow It did not go well. So many willows catching the skies. I’ll have to watch the video to see if he made it to the alpine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will keep my eyes out for that assh&$le moose this summer. Hoping to head up the Tuchodi in late June. Pretty epic place for jet boating.
Nice trip for sure , Another great trip we did was up the Parsnip River , then onto Arctic creek onto the Arctic Lakes . Really nice area.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 266695

muskokafreerider

As soon as @zac_oh suggested this I was fired up to make it happen! No shovel required 😅

Oh Boy!
Not sure how this is gonna over with the local logging community..
Hearing rumblings in town about it already.

Kinda cool pic.....
He could get a beatdown for that. Didn't he piss someone off and they trimmed his pickups valve stems last spring?

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I watched his video today. Great video and area. I have watched it a couple times trying to figure out what area that was they were riding in.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I showed a buddy of mine that owns a construction company in Alberta the pic of him launching off the Hoe and asked him what he thought of it? He said if it was his Hoe he would find Matt’s sled and try and launch off his sled with a D8 Cat. 😂

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
talked to a couple of guides about matt and didn't realize how much he is disliked by local sledders. i asked how come guides aren't disliked by taking people into certain areas. the response was that we will take people into certain normal places but never really show the goods. every trip out we hire a guide for a day just for fun and help support business. after that response i think the getting a guide for a day or two are over for us.

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
I showed a buddy of mine that owns a construction company in Alberta the pic of him launching off the Hoe and asked him what he thought of it? He said if it was his Hoe he would find Matt’s sled and try and launch off his sled with a D8 Cat. 😂
Not sure what the Cat engine compartment cover is like, but on our Komatsu it would be ready to collapse on its own just from the snow load. Bounce a sled over it and it would crumple like a tin can. Could end up with a broken exhaust manifold, turbo or cracked valve cover. Then have snow drip water into the engine all spring.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
talked to a couple of guides about matt and didn't realize how much he is disliked by local sledders. i asked how come guides aren't disliked by taking people into certain areas. the response was that we will take people into certain normal places but never really show the goods. every trip out we hire a guide for a day just for fun and help support business. after that response i think the getting a guide for a day or two are over for us.

Not sure what Guides...But I can assure you, that may be an opinion of those couple of guides and surely DOES NOT represent or speak for ALL the guides.

Sorry you got a bad taste/impression from those folks.

Matt puts out well edited and family friendly videos with a positive attitude towards the sport.

I am pleased it is not full of swearing and almost always has total laughter by the man.

The WHOLE area around Revelstoke is for everyone's enjoyment.

People may think they have found a secret stash, but rest assured, that most of these areas have been discovered or ridden way before Matt...

With the development of bigger and better machines, they are pushing new limits and reaching previously unobtainable areas

Damn, they were a whole season on the old 340's to even get to alpine in some of those areas..

Happy sledding bud!
Stay Safe!

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the response was that we will take people into certain normal places but never really show the goods.

As a local, I can tell you that is bs. I have personally witnessed local guides, both commercial and private:
-operating outside their tenure
-in caribou closures
-taking groups into zones well above their skill level
-guiding groups into very unknown places week after week

I was in a fairly unknown spot just last week. Chatting with a guy from another group as we were loading up. Asked how he knew about this place. "We hired xxxx as a guide last year and he showed us." xxxx is a fairly well known guide.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As a local, I can tell you that is bs. I have personally witnessed local guides, both commercial and private:
-operating outside their tenure
-in caribou closures
-taking groups into zones well above their skill level
-guiding groups into very unknown places week after week

I was in a fairly unknown spot just last week. Chatting with a guy from another group as we were loading up. Asked how he knew about this place. "We hired xxxx as a guide last year and he showed us." xxxx is a fairly well known guide.
repeating what i was told. not by only one person either. so were you pissed to see groups in unknown areas or the fact that you found a group in an area that was shown by a guide last year?

fynnigan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure what the Cat engine compartment cover is like, but on our Komatsu it would be ready to collapse on its own just from the snow load. Bounce a sled over it and it would crumple like a tin can. Could end up with a broken exhaust manifold, turbo or cracked valve cover. Then have snow drip water into the engine all spring.
Yup and from a guy that run’s equipment for a living.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it common to leave logging equipment out on the mountain all winter? Seems like it's asking for trouble with the potential of massive snow loads. Just thinking about the average snowfall in a place like Revy being about 20 feet. That's about 400lbs per square foot. I'm not sure how consolidation comes in to play with weight distribution, but I can't imagine that would be desirable.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure what Guides...But I can assure you, that may be an opinion of those couple of guides and surely DOES NOT represent or speak for ALL the guides.

Sorry you got a bad taste/impression from those folks.

Matt puts out well edited and family friendly videos with a positive attitude towards the sport.

I am pleased it is not full of swearing and almost always has total laughter by the man.

The WHOLE area around Revelstoke is for everyone's enjoyment.

People may think they have found a secret stash, but rest assured, that most of these areas have been discovered or ridden way before Matt...

With the development of bigger and better machines, they are pushing new limits and reaching previously unobtainable areas

Damn, they were a whole season on the old 340's to even get to alpine in some of those areas..

Happy sledding bud!
Stay Safe!
I'm glad there's folks out there with your attitude Richard. It seems like there's a large amount of locals out there that have the opinion that they can't leak the "secret spots" to us Gringos.

We've had the pleasure to spend many days out on the hill with some amazing locals like Steph Schwartz and Clayton amongst a few others I can call friends in Revy, and they are such great ambassadors to both the sport and the community.

I've made similar friends in other sled towns as well, and they are also just great people all around out there doing what they can for the sport.

Top Bottom