Muskoka Freerider

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
repeating what i was told. not by only one person either. so were you pissed to see groups in unknown areas or the fact that you found a group in an area that was shown by a guide last year?
I didn't say I was pissed did I? Just pointing out the hypocrisy of guides being critical of MF while many are doing the same or worse. And yes, I'm sure it is not all guides that behave this way or are of that opinion of Matt.
In the instance last week, the group in question barely made it past the 'trail' into the zone. They didn't know where they were going very well and were in some potentially very hazardous terrain. Kinda unfortunate for them to engure 20k of moguls just to ride some stump filled cutblocks. At least they appeared to have had fun.

I'm glad there's folks out there with your attitude Richard. It seems like there's a large amount of locals out there that have the opinion that they can't leak the "secret spots" to us Gringos.
I don't think that's necessarily the case. I could respond in saying that there are some tourists that are unprepared for or behave poorly in some of the less popular spots. Parking/road issues, Caribou/private land issues, getting lost/SAR just to name a few. The excavator pic is an example.
I'd be lying if I didn't say I would be disappointed to roll up to a normally quiet spot, to find it packed - as would most, but I definitely don't feel entitled to it's exclusivity.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had one guide yell at us for “following his tracks” into a area where its always good hes like find your own “fackin” snow, also called us cheap for not gettin a guide snd following tracks, i had been going through this spot many times and theres only so many ways to go past where he was, we had stopped to grab lunch when he came out to chat with us we wernt even riding we planned on pushing further back but he rubbed us the wrong way so we followed him for a hour to piss him off more then went on our marry way. I dont understand why people think they own the mountain or act like that whoever pays the trail pass can ride anywhere thats allowed to do so. That being said we have been very far back and seen guys one 175 rentals no backpacks, no beacons no gps, radios and wonder what the hell there thinkin weather changes so quick and we had numerous times had to follow single track gps lines to get out but to each there own cant change people and no point lecturing them. Half the fun of sledding is exploring

Last edited:

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is this the 'moan about guides' thread now?
On our latest trip to Revy, snow was big every day. We went to the Boulder Lakes and found zero tracks, so we rode it for about 45 minutes. Then this other group comes in. Eventually I end up parked beside one of them and he tells me he's guiding, and then asks "if we could spread out a bit?" In other words, could we F-off so his team could have the area to themselves.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On our latest trip to Revy, snow was big every day. We went to the Boulder Lakes and found zero tracks, so we rode it for about 45 minutes. Then this other group comes in. Eventually I end up parked beside one of them and he tells me he's guiding, and then asks "if we could spread out a bit?" In other words, could we F-off so his team could have the area to themselves.
Did you unzip your snow pants and show him your azz to kiss? He has a lot of nerve asking you to accommodate him.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hahah guess he should have been up the hill sooner. I would have ran my sled out of gas in that area out of spite.

Last edited:

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Didn't you read a few pages back? Consensus was that derailing this thread is what the people wanted. :ROFLMAO:
With half the videos, it means twice the BS.

Anyways, couple friends (locals) ran into Burandt by coincidence out in the woods in the Grizzly lodge area a few years back. I don't remember exactly how the conversation went, but it was something to the effect of "It costs X number of dollars per day to ride with me so piss off."
If it was me there, that may have cost him some valve stems.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive actually heard that pretty much same story about people who were at grizzly same time as him, so maybe he really is a dink sucks lotta people looked up to that guy for him to treat fellow sledders like that

Didn't you read a few pages back? Consensus was that derailing this thread is what the people wanted. :ROFLMAO:
With half the videos, it means twice the BS.

Anyways, couple friends (locals) ran into Burandt by coincidence out in the woods in the Grizzly lodge area a few years back. I don't remember exactly how the conversation went, but it was something to the effect of "It costs X number of dollars per day to ride with me so piss off."
If it was me there, that may have cost him some valve stems.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive actually heard that pretty much same story about people who were at grizzly same time as him, so maybe he really is a dink sucks lotta people looked up to that guy for him to treat fellow sledders like that

I’ve heard from a few folks that he’s a douchebag, red headed step child so what do you expect lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have heard even when you pay to ride with him, it's a lot of hey look at what I can do, and I'm gonna need help digging.

Can't confirm the truth, but seems plausible.

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have heard even when you pay to ride with him, it's a lot of hey look at what I can do,
Sorry, couldn't help myself.

look-what-ican-do-stuart.gif

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It already is for him, no?

In a way. He still chooses who he rides with and where he wants to go. The job part comes after the ride with video editing so the ride can still be mostly fun minus all the camera management during the ride. He does have to have some variety as well in terms of terrain, sleds, and riding group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom