Muskoka Freerider

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya it's hush hush

And yes guys do follow the tracks and him

But also has a billboard on his truck lol

Mabe he's good and in bounds, but closures on both sides and the greenys drive around looking for us to mess up
If I had to guess I would say they were going to the old mine site.

Last edited:

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just seen a post from revy, where he's caught parked at a caribou closed area

With a bunch of queerbeckers

Not cool, not at all

Must explain why some of the videos areas are not recognized and no tracks
old Tex mex you getting your panties in a knot so quick, haha I’m sure he’s playing with in the rules

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya it's hush hush

And yes guys do follow the tracks and him

But also has a billboard on his truck lol

Mabe he's good and in bounds, but closures on both sides and the greenys drive around looking for us to mess up

There is lots of guys that have recognizable trucks that one could follow the tracks they left if your capability allows

Ignite deleted their post last night ....

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Noticed that

Therefore...maybe some editing of this thread is required. Just a suggestion.

I got a phone call from another local back in December who was ready to ream me out for a perceived wrong...he received some bad information.

I explained I was working that weekend so it sure as hell wasn't me...all good in the end.

Last edited:

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Just to hepl cool eveyones jets and curiosity.

You can ride that FSR up to some real cool areas that are well past any closed area.

Not groomed trails, talent required as it becomes quit technical.....

Matt does not just throw a dart at a map and head out to ride.

He goes to great lengths to research his area with mapping tools, topo maps, etc.

He uses lots of local knowledgable people who have been into lots of areas he has riden....

These areas are not easily accesable and is the reason u will never ride, see or most of the general public at those locations.

Matt gps and tracked his entire route and I can assure u that he was NOT in a closed area.....

Just saying.......

Hope this helps some of those questions guys and gals...

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Day 70 was definitely not a closed area. I am happy, but surprised that more people do not venture out of the main riding areas. We ride areas that we discovered 10 - 20 years ago that you still don't see more than 5 or 6 trucks in the staging area. Even then you likely don't see any tracks after you reach the alpine (if you reach the Alpine). One thing is, most of the those areas have a bit of people filter.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know The fella who seen his truck and called it in. Egg on the face he was incorrect. But.... There has been an insane amount of noncompliance in revelstoke this year and when the Caribou meeting happens don’t be surprised if tenure goes to everyone but sledding and we’re riding frisbee and Boulder only someday soon. That’s the problem is the locals who work for Hydro, fly choppers or are basically people involved in keeping areas open are literally crapping their pants at the amount of tracks in No go zones. I spent half my life right in Revelstoke and I know many little sweet spots and will never tell anyone where they are.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Day 70 was definitely not a closed area. I am happy, but surprised that more people do not venture out of the main riding areas. We ride areas that we discovered 10 - 20 years ago that you still don't see more than 5 or 6 trucks in the staging area. Even then you likely don't see any tracks after you reach the alpine (if you reach the Alpine). One thing is, most of the those areas have a bit of people filter.

There is a reason for this. The popular areas area easy to access, cabins, groomed trails, lots of people around to help, close to helicopter and SR service....

what ive found in my travels is Most of these other areas that are not published often include some form of exposing yourself, whether its a 30km singletrack whooped trail, a difficult and technical shot up through a cutblock and bush, shovelling a trail throuhg a slide path, a massive avalanche hazard, or just being extremely remote. Its not for everyone. I have ventured into countless areas that i will likely NEVER return, COol to see once, but if you chose life you wouldn't return. Granted revy terrain is different than my area so maybe all of these areas are minimal hazard and just no one goes there because of their remoteness

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doesn't surprise me at all.
People manage to freeze to death 1 mile from the Boulder cabin.

And when you ride these areas you better bring your credit card cause when **** goes south there is no doubling out or towing anything.

Reactions: LID

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a reason for this. The popular areas area easy to access, cabins, groomed trails, lots of people around to help, close to helicopter and SR service....

what ive found in my travels is Most of these other areas that are not published often include some form of exposing yourself, whether its a 30km singletrack whooped trail, a difficult and technical shot up through a cutblock and bush, shovelling a trail throuhg a slide path, a massive avalanche hazard, or just being extremely remote. Its not for everyone. I have ventured into countless areas that i will likely NEVER return, COol to see once, but if you chose life you wouldn't return. Granted revy terrain is different than my area so maybe all of these areas are minimal hazard and just no one goes there because of their remoteness

Good points. Said area is at least 10 km of crazy avy paths you have to cross. Very exposed, no way to avoid them.

Won t see much traffic though haha

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know The fella who seen his truck and called it in. Egg on the face he was incorrect. But.... There has been an insane amount of noncompliance in revelstoke this year and when the Caribou meeting happens don’t be surprised if tenure goes to everyone but sledding and we’re riding frisbee and Boulder only someday soon. That’s the problem is the locals who work for Hydro, fly choppers or are basically people involved in keeping areas open are literally crapping their pants at the amount of tracks in No go zones. I spent half my life right in Revelstoke and I know many little sweet spots and will never tell anyone where they are.
And hence my post above, about the greenys looking for us to mess up just once and that's all it takes to be skirting a closure, only to find the gps is out and your actually in it

Just saying, no tracks even close to a closed area, is what's needed to keep it open

Greenys only assume the worse, and the company that posted it, could take there word it's true

Top Bottom