"Mud-bogging on crown land in Alberta will become quite illegal in the near future"

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: "Mud-bogging on crown land in Alberta will become quite illegal in the near fut

absolutely Troy you are correct, don't get too worried though. Just keep your eyes open for when they start investigating and get people to their meetings.

I have family up there, and I'm doing my best to get them involved with all this as well. One of my cousins just bought 160 acres in the Peace Hills somewhere.....
we're fortunate that we have excellent communication with our local SRD, most of them are up here because they also are hunters and fisherman taking advantage of the benefits provided by living in the area. but they have a job to do, and must follow the directives set out by their bosses that live where the most of the complaints arise. as resource development increases in the Seal Lake area, the resulting jobs bring a lot of southern Alberta residents up here that expect it to be like it is "back home" where things are a bit more restrictive. some embrace the open areas and purchase machines to enjoy it, but others are apalled that OHV's are allowed the freedom to "destroy" pristine wilderness. we are somewhat behind the curve, but these issues are not going away and we're trying to be proactive in the way of forming clubs and raising awareness amongst users that this will soon be an issue we are all going to have to face sooner than later.

you and your better half should try and get up here sometime Tyler, visit with your family and bring some machines. I'm sure you would enjoy it, my pleasure to show you around to some nice areas with very little pressure from other users.

Rneddel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: "Mud-bogging on crown land in Alberta will become quite illegal in the near fut

I wouldn't of snorkeled my bike and put huge tires on if I didnt........ Good luck going around mud holes and crossings where I ride. Its either go through or go back the way you came. People just need to stop flocking to a select few number of places to ride their quads and maybe take the time to find a less ridden area or just go explore. To go to a place where 100 other quads have been that week sounds like a fricken nightmare to me, I dont need to be riding with a bunch of azzhats around me as that just sounds like an accident waiting to happen. Ill go ride in an area one week and not go back for a month and there would of MAYBE been a single group of guys that have gone through the same area since. If everyone spread out there would be less of an impact on everything and everywhere there is a path or trail. Its the lazyness of people that shows when they just continue to go to the same area week after week chewing deeper and deeper into the earth because it the easiest thing to do.

Yeah that makes sense. And when I go out its mudding not leisure riding for me

dozer

Reaction score

i'll bet there will be no restriction on surveyors using quads in the bush because its for govt,oil interest. i don't ride closed areas but will continue to ride in the bush on crown land until the govt/energy companys start to respect my land i have an gas well that i have not been paid surface rights for in 6 years and am also having a 500 kv power line forced upon us right on our doorstep with no rights as to location or routing of line we will no longer be able to expand our yard/bussiness because of the proximity of the right of way. I have no rights on my own land the govt has made sure of that so why should i really care to much about theres

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Harmon Valley....

it's a shame that the hard work and dedication of a few can be ruined by the attitudes of those such as tmo1620. tick tock

what really harmon valley got closed????

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: "Mud-bogging on crown land in Alberta will become quite illegal in the near futur

BC has started to charge people under the Environmental Act, this gives them the power to impose fines up into the hundreds of thousands of dollars depending on the level of " environmental degradation caused " It's unlikely a mud bogger will see fines that high but still gives them the power they need to try and protect the land base.
Use your toys responsibly and think about what your Grandchildren will be left with not just what you want to do.

a few year back near 100 mile house I saw Conservation Officer giving tickets to guys who got there trucks stuck in mud flats near lakes... now that i can kinda understand... creek crossing I see the point... i suppose ralley's can and have gotten outta control at times but like the guy from whitecourt is saying... up here you wanna ride the trails you have no choice yes we all see area's where it widens out that guys hit the skeg hard... but does ripping up and area of skeg have environmental damage? Not being an azz just really wanna know? I don't like gettting stuck...so i bought a bigger quad... maybe im part of the problem cause of the that... i don't go looking for mud i just wanna get through it... if I didn't live in alberta i'd have been happy with a honda foreman 500 with stock tires... just saying

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

yessir. hasn't run for the last 2 or 3 years now.

that sucks... was that the big one just up the hill from Peace River... when I first moved here I drove by it for work... looked like a blast but i only had my 450x... too bad! Always said i'd go... kids and family got in the way... i guess there was just way too many people... can't say forsure the numbers but there was a lot!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i'll bet there will be no restriction on surveyors using quads in the bush because its for govt,oil interest. i don't ride closed areas but will continue to ride in the bush on crown land until the govt/energy companys start to respect my land i have an gas well that i have not been paid surface rights for in 6 years and am also having a 500 kv power line forced upon us right on our doorstep with no rights as to location or routing of line we will no longer be able to expand our yard/bussiness because of the proximity of the right of way. I have no rights on my own land the govt has made sure of that so why should i really care to much about theres
the resource company hasn't paid you in 6 years? you got a nice chunk of change coming....I'd be contacting someone and raising hell. every time they want to come and put new pipelines into the plant on my land I extort more money out of them by telling them to put gates up etc....they never do and just pay more money. the fresh pipeline right of ways are fun to mud bog on, then I complain about the tracks and ruts and they pay more money again because they didn't put up gates....they will always pay to keep you happy lol.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

that sucks... was that the big one just up the hill from Peace River... when I first moved here I drove by it for work... looked like a blast but i only had my 450x... too bad! Always said i'd go... kids and family got in the way... i guess there was just way too many people... can't say forsure the numbers but there was a lot!
I think the last one had sold like 1000 hands, probably 3-400 machines. Darcy went jet boat racing and didn't have time to organize it one year and I've since heard that SRD and a local landowner were going to make it difficult if not impossible to hold it again. too bad for sure, they spent a lot of time and money on building some nice bridges across a few of the creeks.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

was reading on one of the organizations that want to close down the areas west of rocky, they have cameras and trail sensors on the onion lake hummingbird trail. they report to the srd any type of infraction. last year they had the trails shut down due to" heavy trail damage".

sorry to tell ya it is coming and your not going to like it.

dozer

Reaction score

the resource company hasn't paid you in 6 years? you got a nice chunk of change coming....I'd be contacting someone and raising hell. every time they want to come and put new pipelines into the plant on my land I extort more money out of them by telling them to put gates up etc....they never do and just pay more money. the fresh pipeline right of ways are fun to mud bog on, then I complain about the tracks and ruts and they pay more money again because they didn't put up gates....they will always pay to keep you happy lol.

have been hounding them for years to pay up and they will not say they are broke and no one is being paid so i no longer allow access to the site as they are trespassing and so is their equipment, well is shut in so they dont really care sucks to be me i guess suck it up and take it up the a## land owners no longer have any rights on their own property thanks to p.c. govt getting really fed up with the way this province is run and coducts itself maybe time to just sell out and move

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

have been hounding them for years to pay up and they will not say they are broke and no one is being paid so i no longer allow access to the site as they are trespassing and so is their equipment, well is shut in so they dont really care sucks to be me i guess suck it up and take it up the a## land owners no longer have any rights on their own property thanks to p.c. govt getting really fed up with the way this province is run and coducts itself maybe time to just sell out and move
ah, I see. you would think there must be some kind of action you can take, they have to put dead wellsites back to bed on crown land, can't see why private property would be any different.

I would try and use that to somehow deny access for that powerline, bet something would get done then

Last edited:

dozer

Reaction score

ah, I see. you would think there must be some kind of action you can take, they have to put dead wellsites back to bed on crown land, can't see why private property would be any different.

I would try and use that to somehow deny access for that powerline, bet something would get done then

they say its two totally different entities and that one has nothing to do with the other,only recourse is to apply to surface rights board and they will only pay a portion of yearly rent and only for up to 3 years well has finally gone to orphan status and supposedly will be reclaimed some time in the next few years. can't refuse access for power line or they apply for right to access order and expropriate the land and you get nothing all i want is a deflection in the power line to go around my yard it would then be about 400 m from its proposed location still on same 1/4 of land but they tell me thats not going to happen either,

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Exactly landowners have no rights even on their own land. Our county actually thinks I will apply for a permit and get their permission for each and every tree I want to cut down.
Fawk off there my trees I bought them ill cut them down if I want I said. Got a little escalated at that point. Didn't go to well lol. But still have never got a permit for any tree removal

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Exactly landowners have no rights even on their own land. Our county actually thinks I will apply for a permit and get their permission for each and every tree I want to cut down.
Fawk off there my trees I bought them ill cut them down if I want I said. Got a little escalated at that point. Didn't go to well lol. But still have never got a permit for any tree removal
I got in trouble for altering a natural waterway. one that was created by beavers. you're just supposed to let them destroy your land apparently. good times at the MD office....when we did the huckers ball thing they asked where I got the dirt for the two huge landing ramps. I told them "from my new 300' long mud pit". this seemed to raise concern also

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Six trucks and trailers unloaded their quads at the S.E. end of the White Earth Natural Area. Rode right past the big orange 4' plywood maps showing the area closed to motorized vehicles for the full valley. Yowzers.......they must have not noticed the big gates they had to drive around either! So just a few bad apples???, seem to be hangin out in groups.

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What a joke, Im not gonna change anything about where or when or how I ride my big green mud machine, Im not hurting nothing or nobody while Im doing it, been doing it my while life so tough $hit
guys like u are the ones that puck it up for the rest of the quaders just like some sledders who think they can go were ever they want. Just like the group of guys who went up the ski hill last year or the group who were trying to jump the cabin at boulder mountain last year. It's simple if u like to do these stupid things on goverment land or private land go do it on your own. Then see how much u like it or how much your land is worth after the damage has been done which would be one cent so go do it at your house. Plus how pissed of would u be if someone was doing this to your property i'm sure u would not be happy so why don't u grow up and start to be responsable for your actions instead of acting like a child.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

See thats the thing, in Canada you dont own the land.You may have paid for it,inherited it ext,,But you are just really just renting it.

Dont pay your property taxes for a few years and see who really owns it....

old mountain man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Try a call into the E.R.C.B.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ya I f*ck it up for everybody thats it..........? You are definitely not playing with a full deck of cards if you think that thats for sure. Just cause all you city folk go to the same spots constantly and ride and see areas get abused and chewed to the core of the earth doesn't mean thats the way it is where I ride. Where I ride is all crown land, and none of its closed and were not harming anything or abusing anything. I put an easy 1300-1500km on my quad a year and during that time maybe run into a small handfull of other quaders but usually nobody at all and ride about a dozen different places within an hour throughout the year. As far as mud bogging, there is lots of it around and usually its go through it or turn back and go the way you came so we go through it. Its all the guys who are just plain lazy and go ride close to the city common areas where certain sections are closed and chew through the same holes over and over again because its the easiest way to have fun. You chose to live in that area so deal with it, if you gotta drive a bit to get to a different quading area to ride tough $hit thats not my problem, thats yours, all part of living in the "big city".Someone on here mentioned the fact that there is limited riding areas around the citys and thats why everyone flocks to a few certain areas and destroys them............ that is just a cop out. People will drive 5+ hours to go sledding somewhere there is good snow but can't be bothered to drive more than an hour or two to go quading.....cmon give me a break. If these people like quading and the outdoors so much then why are they living in places like calgary and edmonton etc. Don't hate on me because I chose to live somewhere where I can leave from my doorstep and ride hundreds of Km's of trail and do it legally. I will just keep doing what Im doing and if you wanna keep thinking its guys like me ruining everything then go right ahead, whatever makes you sleep at night. I was just saying that if it became illegal to mud bog on all crown land in Alberta (which would be the most retarded decision ever made), I would continue to do as per usual because of the fact it's a rediculous statement

guys like u are the ones that puck it up for the rest of the quaders just like some sledders who think they can go were ever they want. Just like the group of guys who went up the ski hill last year or the group who were trying to jump the cabin at boulder mountain last year. It's simple if u like to do these stupid things on goverment land or private land go do it on your own. Then see how much u like it or how much your land is worth after the damage has been done which would be one cent so go do it at your house. Plus how pissed of would u be if someone was doing this to your property i'm sure u would not be happy so why don't u grow up and start to be responsable for your actions instead of acting like a child.

Top Bottom