Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG-20111101-00194.jpg
    IMG-20111101-00194.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 245

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whos got the best prices on the stomper?? also any reviews on the hmk team pro boa focus boots? they look fairly good

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive tried them all. Klim, HMK, snowboard boots, and motorfist. My vote definitely goes to motorfist. They are super comfortable, warm, small, light, have replaceable soles, they breathe...........and they are priced really reasonably. Nothing worse than paying three hundred and fifty bucks for a pair of Klim boots and having them last half a season. Then having them tell you tough luck. HMKs are super light and comfortable, but your feet will get wet EVERY day. Had a couple pairs of airwalk snowboard boots from sportmart that cost 50 bucks that lasted a couple of seasons each. They would actually be my second choice after motorfist. But like someone said.......be very careful of which ones or you will tear your seat up.

cokecrazed007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm moving on from my Dunlop rubber boots(that have been great) to the motorfist, and again thank you for all the info.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Klim for me without a doubt.. When i was at the sled show i was in the ******* booth because i wanted to check out the motorfist gear, the chick in there asked when if she could help me when i was lookin at there boots, i said no thats ok i was just checkin em out to see how they would compare to the klims. Then she said well your feet wont get wet in these like they will in the klim's , so i then informed her that i have sold probably over 120 pairs of klim boots and have never had a complaint. The motorfist boots look to much like a workboot for my liking. She was just telling people what she felt she needed to to sell something, i cant stand dishonest sales people. That being said i'm not saying the motorfist's aren't good, they aren't proven like the klim's. As far as warranty, deaner you are the first person that i've heard send there's in for warranty and would love to know why they didn't cover them. I know people that had klim pants that were 7 years old and they started to get a wet butt so they shipped them in for warranty and they failed the water test so the guy got a new pair of pants at no cost to him. People keep saying how the motorfist event material is waterproof and breathable and won't make your feet sweat, well guess what i've owned klim boots for 3 season's now and i've never had wet feet from snow or sweat and my feet sweat usually in my running shoes. Just my opinion.

Wondering why this got edited???? and not by me.

Last edited:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I chose Motorfist this year as my other boots were toast. One of the things I liked about the motorfist was the toe. I must be hard on boots as I kick the boards and damage the toe in any other boots I have tried. I am hoping these stand up to the abuse.

I actually like that they look like a work boot. Like many people I like to get ready at the hotel or whatever and drive to the staging area. I found other brands of boots to be clunky. (no way would I drive in snowboarding boots) The Motorfist felt as though you could wear them out anywhere and would make it easier to drive to and from wherever.

As far as the Event vs Gore comparrison, I don't think one will out do the other. Gore-tex has been around a long time and is proven. Event has taken that product and made their own. If you wear big bulky socks in boots, your feet will sweat. That sweat is asorbed into the boot material. I found with the Klims they felt damp inside even with light socks after only wearing them a short while.

If you want to ensure you have dry feet no matter what boot you wear, get socks that wick moisture away from your feet. Most people wear too much and their feet sweat. Don't wear cotton socks. Hockey skate liners work great. There are higher priced socks you can buy as well, but as long as they do not hold moisture its better. If its really cold I wear a liner that wicks away moisture and a light wool based outter sock and my feet always stay dry and my boots are not damp.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Klim for me without a doubt.. When i was at the sled show i was in the ******* booth because i wanted to check out the motorfist gear, the chick in there asked when if she could help me when i was lookin at there boots, i said no thats ok i was just checkin em out to see how they would compare to the klims. Then she said well your feet wont get wet in these like they will in the klim's , so i then informed her that i have sold probably over 120 pairs of klim boots and have never had a complaint. The motorfist boots look to much like a workboot for my liking. She was just telling people what she felt she needed to to sell something, i cant stand dishonest sales people. That being said i'm not saying the motorfist's aren't good, they aren't proven like the klim's. As far as warranty, deaner you are the first person that i've heard send there's in for warranty and would love to know why they didn't cover them. I know people that had klim pants that were 7 years old and they started to get a wet butt so they shipped them in for warranty and they failed the water test so the guy got a new pair of pants at no cost to him. People keep saying how the motorfist event material is waterproof and breathable and won't make your feet sweat, well guess what i've owned klim boots for 3 season's now and i've never had wet feet from snow or sweat and my feet sweat usually in my running shoes. Just my opinion.

From my experience, and what I have heard, Klim does stand behind their coats and bibs........but that is it. Any problems with anything else and they call it customer abuse. I am now on my third set of coats and bibs.......all covered under warranty because they would lose thier waterproofing. Its awesome that they stand behind thier coats and bibs like that......but they really should for the price you pay.

My story with the boots was I got them with all my other gear.......halfway through the season the bottoms were TRASHED. And I mean nothing left. I send pictures in and they told me it was from my snowmobile running boards and that they wouldnt warranty them. But they are a SNOWMOBILE boot.....designed for SNOWMOBILE running boards. Nope.......they didnt care. Told me to pound sand, but nicely offered to sell me another pair at full retail. And heres the kicker........said that these ones have new and improved soles to hold up to snowmobile running boards. Half as season for 350 bucks. Klim can shove thier boots up their arse.

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wear Socks that contain a hi % of merino wool. This helps wick moister away from your feet/hands what ever. Marks Workwarhouse has lots of brands. One company was called smart wool i think. They come in different thicknesses for the socks. With a good quaility boot like Klim or Motorfist and these socks you will be set. I will be using Klim this year as it is my first set. Had some Polaris boots that would just wet my feet. Time will tell if the Klim are good. From what i have read about them they are the Cats A#$.
Looked at the Motor Fist boots at the Show and the only thing that i didn't like about them is they have very little ankle support. But that is because im concerned about rolling my weak ankles as they have been rolled many a time in sports.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've heard of people gettin warranty on all diferent klim gear from gloves to bibs and coats. I do know that on all there gear except boots they have a lifetime of the garment warranty and the boots are 1 or 2 years warranty.

briguy99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had motofist gloves last year they say there waterproof. 3 of us had them and they failed us all.

I use the Valkyerie gloves by Motorfist....and when the outside seems absolutely soaked, insides were dry!! i did get a lil tear in one and my dealer said pic another pair!!! wow im happy and all dressed in Motorfist this year

dstrbdxpAK

Reaction score
What sort of temps are you guys rockin' your MF boots at? Im liking the MF boots but I just don't know if 600gr will be enough for some of the temps we see here in Alaska, especially such a broad range of -15 to +30. For such a new boot I don't know anyone here running them, most guys are just now getting out as of last weekend.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive tried them all. Klim, HMK, snowboard boots, and motorfist. My vote definitely goes to motorfist. They are super comfortable, warm, small, light, have replaceable soles, they breathe...........and they are priced really reasonably. Nothing worse than paying three hundred and fifty bucks for a pair of Klim boots and having them last half a season. Then having them tell you tough luck. HMKs are super light and comfortable, but your feet will get wet EVERY day. Had a couple pairs of airwalk snowboard boots from sportmart that cost 50 bucks that lasted a couple of seasons each. They would actually be my second choice after motorfist. But like someone said.......be very careful of which ones or you will tear your seat up.

First, it's highly unlikely any of us have tried Motorfist boots long enough to give an educated opinion about them. That being said, I did buy Stompers to try out. I have eVent riding gear and have been very happy with it's performance. I also have Klim gear and can attest to the incredible quality of all their gear. As far as warranty, I have a hard time believing they told you "tough luck" after half a season unless you damaged the boots in a way that was obviously not a warranty issue. I and many others have had excellent warranty service from Klim. Also have to say that if you paid $350 for Klim boots, you got ripped off big time. Learn to shop around !! I don't think you can go wrong with either Klim or Motorfist. Both are high quality products.

Sent from my iPhone when I should be working.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First, it's highly unlikely any of us have tried Motorfist boots long enough to give an educated opinion about them. That being said, I did buy Stompers to try out. I have eVent riding gear and have been very happy with it's performance. I also have Klim gear and can attest to the incredible quality of all their gear. As far as warranty, I have a hard time believing they told you "tough luck" after half a season unless you damaged the boots in a way that was obviously not a warranty issue. I and many others have had excellent warranty service from Klim. Also have to say that if you paid $350 for Klim boots, you got ripped off big time. Learn to shop around !! I don't think you can go wrong with either Klim or Motorfist. Both are high quality products.

Sent from my iPhone when I should be working.

Completely agree bought mine from Glen at Spin Drift 180.00 and they are the best footwear for sleddin. Thanks Klim and thanks Glen you sell good chit.

Blownsilver

Reaction score
I have the klims and I like them but the soles will be done in another few outings. I just got back a pair of Kim bibs I had to get repaired I tore open the front of left thigh. They shipped both ways and replaced the entire leg for $100. I thought pretty reasonable for the amount of work they did and shipping had them back in two weeks.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have worn my Motorfist all around the house, yard and outside any moment I can (since I haven't been sledding yet this winter)

They are comfortable! I deffinetly have no issues driving in them either as I found other sledding boots somewhat bulky for driving. Nice to not have to take the boots off now when at the stagging area.

Time will tell if they are all they say they are.

Top Bottom