Most Hours you ever worked in a month?

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heli-Logging, start driving in the dark get in heli at first light get off hill as it gets dark , drive back to town/or camp... you get to eat lunch while running down a tree... there are no hours in a day.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I worked wireline for 16 years...400 hrs can be the norm. Lots of times worked 36 hrs straight slept for 10 and worked another 20 or so. Wire liners work all hours of the day and night. We sleep when and where we can. Longest stretch worked was heli-portable...18 months with no scheduled days off or vacation time...of course there was the odd down time day off but go go go...

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Hmmm own my own company and still put in 160/mth. Like to see that cut down to 128 real soon ..... :rolleyes:

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
get longhorn on here , hes always braggin' about how much he works:rolleyes:

Thats different...I own it...The question was about working for someone else...

My hours are too stupid to even post, but I have a huge advantage, I seldom sleep, 3-4 hrs a night and thats enough...My company is still small, so I am in the field daily and do all the paperwork, safety, marketing, HR, and so on...

The goal is to someday be able to just direct the traffic and not be in the field every day, but no better way to watch your crew and bring confidence to your clients...And only a few outwork me, and they are from Croatia LOL

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats different...I own it...The question was about working for someone else...

My hours are too stupid to even post, but I have a huge advantage, I seldom sleep, 3-4 hrs a night and thats enough...My company is still small, so I am in the field daily and do all the paperwork, safety, marketing, HR, and so on...

The goal is to someday be able to just direct the traffic and not be in the field every day, but no better way to watch your crew and bring confidence to your clients...And only a few outwork me, and they are from Croatia LOL
dam serbs anyways!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::D:D:D:D i have some croatian friends, great guys with awesome family!!!

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
dam serbs anyways!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::D:D:D:D i have some croatian friends, great guys with awesome family!!!

Some of the very best people I have ever worked with...We have a big group of both Bosnian and Croatians here, all work pipeline, and all make the Canadian workers look bad...Nicest, and most loyal people I have ever worked with. Have made some great friends, that are closer to family now...

gm3d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I chased the money for a while. Never checked on a month but had 225hrs in two weeks. Worked 40 nights in a row once. Had one year in the late 1990's with over 1000 hrs (OT) for the year. I missed every family occasion that year. Kid was scared of me cause she saw less of me than the milk man. Stopped when I came home one night/morning about 2 am (after22 hr) and my wife asked me who I was and who gave me a key to HER house. I got the drift! Glad those days are gone. Now a 8.5 day and a very reasonable amount of OT.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The first winter I started doing wellsite supervision in 1997 I did 92 days 20 hrs/day straight. So I guess 600 hrs for a month. That gig almost killed me. I swore I would never do that again and never have. When I think back to that man was I stupid to do that. Never again.

FTBeaver

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I get paid a day rate when I am supervising and to make up the day rate they pay me extra hours. This way I get to keep my benefits which are based on the hours I work. So I usually work about 300h/month and get paid for about 480h/month. The most I have actually worked in a month is about 390h, I hate working up north I always get stuck in a camp with crappy food.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had many months over 400hrs, years ago doing wireline ('97ish), was young tho, worked out out to less than min wage...plus job bonuses, live and learn..haha. Also had many years with 600-700hrs OT, was a money slut, would never say no to OT..lol. but don't work hardly any OT these days, just did 27 hrs this month and have not quit bit(hing about it, haa. just want to ride:beer:
in the early 90's I had my own .092 slickline unit and worked a 3 day/week, 14 well dewaxing schedule in the cadotte lake/little buffalo/red earth areas. best money I ever made.

quit that and went back trucking in '94, worked many 400hr months in the winter since. have done 300 in the summer a few times, totally against my will....

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I get paid a day rate when I am supervising and to make up the day rate they pay me extra hours. This way I get to keep my benefits which are based on the hours I work. So I usually work about 300h/month and get paid for about 480h/month. The most I have actually worked in a month is about 390h, I hate working up north I always get stuck in a camp with crappy food.
hurray for gross camp food... been working camps since 16 yo
thats 10 years ago... i need a new hobby

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Im glad I asked....................got a lot of great response and glad to see it turned into I did it and hated it rather than I did 500 hr and Im the guy thread cause honestly I do work in the patch and do drive but couldnt care less if I ever hit 300 hundred again......250 to 270 is a good number!
Oh ya,Im at 340 with one day to go and just threw a rocker arm in the big cat,there bringin me another Kenworth on a trailer as I sit here surfin snow and mud in the little smokey parking lot LOL!

Last edited:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im glad I asked....................got a lot of great response and glad to see it turned into I did it and hated it rather than I did 500 hr and Im the guy thread cause honestly I do work in the patch and do drive but couldnt care less if I ever hit 300 hundred again......250 to 270 is a good number!
Oh ya,Im at 340 with one day to go and just threw a rocker arm in the big cat,there bringin me another Kenworth on a trailer as I sit here surfin snow and mud in the little smokey parking lot LOL!
ouch....just replaced cam and rockers, along with injector cups on my kitty....just under $20K.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Very happy that the bill is not mine................remember the days,got plenty of grey hair over days like this,not anymore!

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Crap , umm i mean Cat... had to be said.
Anyone know what they will try to use next? Rumor has it there will be no more cats. I always know when i test drive a guy if the last truck he drove was a cat

Top Bottom