Milwaukee tools

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if you get out of canadian dollars and switch over to Canadiantire dollars, you can buy maximum tools... they work good. Still need to do a shoot out with milwalkee brands which i keep forgetting to do.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought one of these: DEWALT DCD796D2 20V MAX XR Li-Ion 0.5" 2.0Ah Compact Hammer Drill Kit

Anyone own one of these drills?

My experience is mixed. Lots of power, light weight and battery life is excellent. It will also fit my 60 volt battery off my leaf blower.

Problem is the slip clutch when drilling large holes. It slips too easy, even on the highest setting but if I turn the slip clutch off it is dangerous if the drill bit grabs. Could even break a wrist if not careful. I don't want to run it on the lower torque, high speed setting for large drill bits or hole saws.

My son has one and is an electrician and his almost threw him off the scaffolding he was working on.

I wish it had an adjustable torque setting.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If i were to do it over again I would have bought this one, i bought the 750 lb, a bit heavy and way to much power of wheel nuts, but it snaps of 145lb truck nuts like they were not even torqued. I am really impressed with the maximum mini grinder though, x drills are good. Once you jump in your more or less stuck with that battery line so pick wizely. I am happy with maximum line. Sale prices are unreal at times, nothing else can compare to those prices.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why would you be stuck with a battery line?

I have Milwaukee, dewalt and now ryobi.

Most the time they come with a battery and charger, so see no reason to be loyal to one brand.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the batteries are a pretty big cost of the tools, i know i bought a couple of dewalt 20-60 and they were costly. You just tend to buy the tools with the same batteries or you have chargers all over the place.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why would you be stuck with a battery line?

I have Milwaukee, dewalt and now ryobi.

Most the time they come with a battery and charger, so see no reason to be loyal to one brand.

It sure is nice when you can rotate batteries between tools and chargers so you never run short of power.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's fine if you use them all the time but if you are not a trade you might only use a cordless once per week at best.
My Milwaukee batteries sit for months some times, i have ten year old dewalt batterys still going.

Not sure about the long term on ryobi yet, but if you dont use the chit very often, perfect reason to get ryobi over dewalt/Milwaukee anyways, cause chances are you dont need a 400$ drill haha

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get 2 or 3 batteries for each brand and ur good...

Depending on use that's not anywhere near enough, I have 8 Dewalt batteries between 3-5 amp and some days if enough aren't charged I can run out. It's way better to stick with one line, as I have as many tools as batteries and if I had a bunch of different ones, it would be easy to kill a few batteries on one tool. Also it's better for when things break or batteries die, just buy more of the same.

I do have a Makita brad nailer and it works great but it's something that's almost never used.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is 750 Bux a good price for 3/4 impact
2 battery's and charger

Depends on which one, my dewalt was like $350ish without batteries, batteries it really depends how many amps. They've went up in price a bunch. I bought a bunch of 4 amp dewalt batteries before for like $60 each.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've never tried mastercraft cordless tools, but been really impressed with their corded impact, and roofing nailer, insanely cheap on sale and you can't kill them.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depending on use that's not anywhere near enough, I have 8 Dewalt batteries between 3-5 amp and some days if enough aren't charged I can run out. It's way better to stick with one line, as I have as many tools as batteries and if I had a bunch of different ones, it would be easy to kill a few batteries on one tool. Also it's better for when things break or batteries die, just buy more of the same.

I do have a Makita brad nailer and it works great but it's something that's almost never used.
You run out of batteries but you have 8?

You must have the slowest charger ever lmao

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You run out of batteries but you have 8?

You must have the slowest charger ever lmao

When i'm using them I don't have easy power nearby, hence the cordless. I don't carry chargers in my truck, I only charge at night in the garage, so yea if I don't notice a few are low already many times I end up using close to or all 8.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When i'm using them I don't have easy power nearby, hence the cordless. I don't carry chargers in my truck, I only charge at night in the garage, so yea if I don't notice a few are low already many times I end up using close to or all 8.
Do what you gotta do then! Haha But for me, when one goes dead i put it on the charger and in 15, 20 min its full again.

If you got a 12ah battery would be like 3 or 4 batteries in 1 for you, might be better than packing a ton of batteries?

What ever works though.

Side note Ryobi batteries are like half the price or less than milwaukee too.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So buddy texts me today asking if I had ever seen a Milwaukee impact fail like this... I said I had not, but I asked him how long the bearing has been making noise, he said at least 3 years.

I then asked when it started impacting on itself with no load, he said been doing that for at least a few months.

I laughed, and said you know you can take them in for service every once in awhile.

I cant imagine how many tractor and combine tires that thing has taken off in its lifetime but it would be many.

Out with the old, in with the new..

IMG_2837.jpg
IMG_2838.jpg

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Milwaukee batteries sit for months some times, i have ten year old dewalt batterys still going.

Not sure about the long term on ryobi yet, but if you dont use the chit very often, perfect reason to get ryobi over dewalt/Milwaukee anyways, cause chances are you dont need a 400$ drill haha

A couple guys at work have ryobi seem not to bad. They don’t have near the tool choices as Milwaukee and Dewalt. But decent for your basic stuff like drills and impact

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A couple guys at work have ryobi seem not to bad. They don’t have near the tool choices as Milwaukee and Dewalt. But decent for your basic stuff like drills and impact

Says 175 different tool in the 18v line up and 50 in the 40v line up. They have 48v riding lawn mowers too.

The Milwaukee stuff is better for sure, but way more$. I just needed a cheap weed eater. Milwaukee 450$ tool only.

Ryobi 100$, came with battery charger and a leaf blower...

Bought a Milwaukee radio the other day for 160$. No Bluetooth and the FM reception sucks. Might try a Ryobi out.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any body try the Ryobi crap? Seems ok for the money.

Its not a professional grade tool, but for occasional home use its not bad stuff and its half the price of Milwaukee

I had Ryobi for about 8 years. Was good for home use. It is now in my toyhauler for camping.

Went with 20 volt Dewalt now. Very happy with it. Chainsaw works fantastic too.

Top Bottom