Milwaukee tools

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got a new Milwaukee weed whipper and a 12.0 battery. Think I'm gonna sell my STIHL.
I am sure that whipper snipper is a Beast with a 12ah battery, i grabbed up a gworks pro and that thing is a beast and will run 90 mins on a 5ah battery. Cannot imagine a 12ah battery you will likely wear out before the tool does lol!

rebel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am sure that whipper snipper is a Beast with a 12ah battery, i grabbed up a gworks pro and that thing is a beast and will run 90 mins on a 5ah battery. Cannot imagine a 12ah battery you will likely wear out before the tool does lol!
Two hrs almost continuously is what I get out of mine before the battery is dead

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Two hrs almost continuously is what I get out of mine before the battery is dead
And a feel the burn i don't need a gym contract workout i bet lol. I know mine will give u a workout for sure if it gets outta hand.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got a new Milwaukee weed whipper and a 12.0 battery. Think I'm gonna sell my STIHL.
I got the 60 volt yellow model this year so my oldest can start helping me with the weedeating. Works awesome too. I have lots of yellow batteries. The Stihl will probably will not get much use anymore except for the brush cutting blade.
1624121817590.jpeg

rebel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And a feel the burn i don't need a gym contract workout i bet lol. I know mine will give u a workout for sure if it gets outta hand.
It's not terrible. They have a strap that you can add if you need extra support. My pos stihl is way heavier.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's not terrible. They have a strap that you can add if you need extra support. My pos stihl is way heavier.
Mine came with the strap weighs in at just under 20lbs not bad for 80v cut down a forest lol

overkill19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
KMS Has on Sale too but none in stock, I was at Home Depot today and none either, nuts in there.

[h=1]Milwaukee M18 REDLITHIUM XC 5.0 Ah Battery Pack - 2 Pack[FONT=&quot]48-11-1852[/FONT][/h][h=3]Flyer Sale[/h][FONT=&quot]Reg. $269.99
[FONT=Conv_MARKERFE]$179.95[/FONT]
[FONT=Conv_MARKERFE]Save $90[/FONT]
[/FONT]

• SKU: MILW-48111852
  • Model: 48-11-1852

I can’t stand KMS… on sale!!! But good luck getting one. It’s their oldest trick

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing people often overlook is that the "same" item at different vendors may not be the same at all even though looking identical (battery / plug in). Battery capacity often differs as do many other components / specifications even with the same product line regardless of brand. You really have to get down to the fine details when comparing.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing people often overlook is that the "same" item at different vendors may not be the same at all even though looking identical (battery / plug in). Battery capacity often differs as do many other components / specifications even with the same product line regardless of brand. You really have to get down to the fine details when comparing.
just look at the model number. I have bought Milwaukee stuff from a bunch of different vendors, Home Depot, KMS, BC Fastners, Missisauga Hardware, Western Equipment, Northern Metalic. I was shopping around for the best price on a 3/4 impact a couple of years ago, the full of himself sales guy at Northern Metalic tried to explain why his impact was over $200 more than everyone else's by telling me jobber stores got a different model, an "industrial" model and therefor they were more money.

I called BS. Took the part number from his impact, got the part number from Home Depot and showed him exactly the same. Later talked to the Milwaukee rep, he said that was BS as well. They dont make retail store and jobber store tool lines. It all comes from the same factory in the same box. If the model number is the same, it doesnt matter where your buy it from.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just look at the model number. I have bought Milwaukee stuff from a bunch of different vendors, Home Depot, KMS, BC Fastners, Missisauga Hardware, Western Equipment, Northern Metalic. I was shopping around for the best price on a 3/4 impact a couple of years ago, the full of himself sales guy at Northern Metalic tried to explain why his impact was over $200 more than everyone else's by telling me jobber stores got a different model, an "industrial" model and therefor they were more money.

I called BS. Took the part number from his impact, got the part number from Home Depot and showed him exactly the same. Later talked to the Milwaukee rep, he said that was BS as well. They dont make retail store and jobber store tool lines. It all comes from the same factory in the same box. If the model number is the same, it doesnt matter where your buy it from.

I always heard that to. I can’t see a manufacturer doing that.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

One thing I was told is that you want the high output battery on the high energy usage tools. So the 8.0/12.0 are high output but the 9.0 is not. So on a weed trimmer the 8.0 would work better than the 9.0.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing I was told is that you want the high output battery on the high energy usage tools. So the 8.0/12.0 are high output but the 9.0 is not. So on a weed trimmer the 8.0 would work better than the 9.0.
You are the battery man on snow and mud there buddy! Lol

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully they start making higher voltage tools for the high demand tools like the chainsaw. The 12.0amp 18v (216w) battery can’t compete with most other brands that can use up to 600 watt battery packs. I have Milwaukee everything but bought an Ego 18” saw instead. $100 cheaper and twice the performance, used both these saws back and forth all day yesterday. Batteries died the exact same time but the 56v battery saw cuts twice as fast. (Ego kit came with a half sized 280w 56v battery)

Last edited:

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully they start making higher voltage tools for the high demand tools like the chainsaw. The 12.0amp 18v (216w) battery can’t compete with most other brands that can use up to 600 watt battery packs. I have Milwaukee everything but bought an Ego 18” saw instead. $100 cheaper and twice the performance, used both these saws back and forth all day yesterday. Batteries died the exact same time but the 56v battery saw cuts twice as fast. (Ego kit came with a half sized 280w 56v battery)

I would suspect that Milwaukee will develop a system similar to 20V/60V Flexvolt that Dewalt is using. I think they are pretty far into the tool lineup to not offer backwards compatibility for the existing 18volt tools.

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would suspect that Milwaukee will develop a system similar to 20V/60V Flexvolt that Dewalt is using. I think they are pretty far into the tool lineup to not offer backwards compatibility for the existing 18volt tools.
Milwaukee has their MX series which is 72v, but the cheapest tool right now is $2500. Haha. If they can offer up a 14" battery powered demolition saw I'm sure they can use the same battery on a little 14" electric chainsaw for $3000.

Last edited:

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Milwaukee has their MX series which is 72v, but the cheapest tool right now is $2500. Haha

And not backwards compatible with the existing M18 line.

Dewalt now has 120V tools which use 2 20V/60V batteries, and if these are the 15AH batteries gives 600wh of total capacity. These batteries can also be used on any of the existing 20V or 60V tools in the lineup giving far more flexibility.

Not to knock Milwaukee, but I think they are going to piss off a lot of customers if they force customers to replace tools because the batteries move to a new voltage without being backward compatible.

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to knock Milwaukee, but I think they are going to piss off a lot of customers if they force customers to replace tools because the batteries move to a new voltage without being backward compatible.
As an apprentice I bought a full kit of V18 nicads, which were beasts, durability wise. Then bought a set of V18 Lithium tools, batteries failed after a year or two then Milwaukee discontinued the tools and made the M18s that were not backwards compatible. Trust me, I was pissed off to the extreme. Now I have a ton of different Fuel tools and thanks to Chinese battery adapters I use the new batteries on my ancient V18s that have survived. I have forgiven, but did not forget. They will do it again, just wait and see.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As an apprentice I bought a full kit of V18 nicads, which were beasts, durability wise. Then bought a set of V18 Lithium tools, batteries failed after a year or two then Milwaukee discontinued the tools and made the M18s that were not backwards compatible. Trust me, I was pissed off to the extreme. Now I have a ton of different Fuel tools and thanks to Chinese battery adapters I use the new batteries on my ancient V18s that have survived. I have forgiven, but did not forget. They will do it again, just wait and see.

I'm sure they will, which for the time being makes me happy I own Dewalt, for me there's promise that the 20V/60V line has lots of life left in it yet. But I do know a day will come when these will be obsolete too.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

True.. but when it comes to handheld tools I'd rather have as small of a battery as possible weight wise. I don't know that I need a 54 or 60v in a cordless drill or impact. From what I've seen online the 1" Milwaukee impact with an 18V battery seems to put out some impressive torque numbers. For yard work tools the higher voltage helps a lot but then I'm stuck having batteries that work on yard tools but not hand tools, twice the chargers, etc. The biggest battery killer I have right now is the leaf blower but I've only used it with 6 year old m18 4.0 batteries.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any body try the Ryobi crap? Seems ok for the money.

Its not a professional grade tool, but for occasional home use its not bad stuff and its half the price of Milwaukee

Top Bottom