Milwaukee tools

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What does 60 gallon have to do with anything? Its all about CFM's and hose size.

Totally wrong. CFM only matters for recovery time when it comes to running tools for a short time like a impact. A 60 gallon system with 0.1 cfm will run a impact more effectively then a 10 gallon with 10 cfm. As long as the tank has air above the PSI needed to run the impact, it will work.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Totally wrong. CFM only matters for recovery time when it comes to running tools for a short time like a impact. A 60 gallon system with 0.1 cfm will run a impact more effectively then a 10 gallon with 10 cfm. As long as the tank has air above the PSI needed to run the impact, it will work.

Why bother having a compressor, why dont you just load your tank on your trailer, go to the gas station, fill it, go home, run that 1" for 25 seconds, load the tank back up and drive to the gas station again.

Please explain to me why many high CFM screw compressors dont run a reservoir?

Im also kinda curious when you read the specs on an impact it lists the recommended CFM and air pressure, but nothing about reservoir size? Things that make you go hmmm.

Last edited:

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unless you have a really good compressor, the impact will not put out anywhere close to the torque it should. My 60 gallon is even undersized for my 1" impact.

Now this makes sense, since you only believe in running a .1 CFM compressor.

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
As I figured, my dewalt is "rated" for 700 fastening, 1200 breaking, when it's reality both are lucky to be 250.
Same with my Makita rated for 1200lbs removal rating. I feel all tough and manly walking toward a stubborn lug nut with my Makita. Then I try to remove the nut and the makita just makes noise in my hand. So I take out a long ratchet and it doesn’t take much to get it off.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And i remember back in the 19901's the Milwaukee sales rep asking me why i had switched to dewalt tools and what was wrong with his tools, i told him they were a load of sh!t. Now look at them today. The son in law does have the 3/4 inch impact as well and it does take off the truck nuts, but when i go over to help him lift up a tire he always has the 1 inch for the job. No doubt he will pick up another one inch impact this fall.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And i remember back in the 19901's the Milwaukee sales rep asking me why i had switched to dewalt tools and what was wrong with his tools, i told him they were a load of sh!t. Now look at them today. The son in law does have the 3/4 inch impact as well and it does take off the truck nuts, but when i go over to help him lift up a tire he always has the 1 inch for the job. No doubt he will pick up another one inch impact this fall.

I think the complaint with the 1" pistol grip is with commercial use, if you use it allot, everyday, the hammers wear out and you loose torque fairly quick, something to do with the amount of heat generated and the grease wearing out. If he is using it as a personal tool he probably has allot of years of trouble free running.

I pulled 12 wheels off one of my trailers yesterday, 60 33 mil nuts, and the battery still has 3 bars. The 3/4 took them off with no hesitation, sure nice to not have the weight and hoses of an air impact.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It would be nice to invent a tire lifting device for the trailers. Do you just gut wrench those things up in the air by hand?

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are you talking about a long log trailer loaded on a truck? or a quad I guess?

I no longer have a long logger, but I do have an old hiab that is worth its weight in gold. Not sure how I would survive without it.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes a quad. A hiab would do it for sure. It is like lifting 1/2 a snowmobile 4 feet in the air.

Last edited:

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The hiab is excellent because 1 guy can do the job, used to have a bobcat., but it kinda sucks when you lift the tire up and cant get out of the cab of the machine to wiggle it in place

overkill19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I said the same thing! It was really hard for me to lean back to Milwaukee after spending $$$$$ on stupid upgrade batteries that were just as bad ! I gave all my Milwaukee away to a young kid who wanted it!
My first step back towards Milwaukee was from KMS trying to screw me over on a bandsaw I bought from them. The vise would not close tight on a 1/8” x4”washer I wanted to cut. So I took it back! Long story. I ended up walking out with a cold cut 14” chop saw. I love that thing! I soon afterwards bought the skill saw for metal then the handheld bandsaw! Milwaukee has metal cutting figured out. IMO , I cut my leaf springs on my Dodge overloads 1.25” with the skill saw... zero issues!
I have a 1/2” high torq impact and it will twist the anvil off my 1/2” makita any day of the week! As will the 1/4” vs. The 1/4” makita.
I just bought the Hack sawzall but haven’t tried it yet!
I have the Milwaukee leaf blower, Kijiji buy , I figured it would be good for blowing dust out of the shop... it’s good for that but that about it. I’m not impressed with it , it’s not horrible but definitely not great.

I’d have to say my air tools don’t get pulled out much anymore. When my 1/2” high torq took the nut off my 3500 pitman arm... I was sold. My Makita barely takes the lug nuts off but that said not truly fair comparison as the Makita is not brushless. Everything I buy going forward will be brushless. It’s a game changer for sure.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I said the same thing! It was really hard for me to lean back to Milwaukee after spending $$$$$ on stupid upgrade batteries that were just as bad ! I gave all my Milwaukee away to a young kid who wanted it!
My first step back towards Milwaukee was from KMS trying to screw me over on a bandsaw I bought from them. The vise would not close tight on a 1/8” x4”washer I wanted to cut. So I took it back! Long story. I ended up walking out with a cold cut 14” chop saw. I love that thing! I soon afterwards bought the skill saw for metal then the handheld bandsaw! Milwaukee has metal cutting figured out. IMO , I cut my leaf springs on my Dodge overloads 1.25” with the skill saw... zero issues!
I have a 1/2” high torq impact and it will twist the anvil off my 1/2” makita any day of the week! As will the 1/4” vs. The 1/4” makita.
I just bought the Hack sawzall but haven’t tried it yet!
I have the Milwaukee leaf blower, Kijiji buy , I figured it would be good for blowing dust out of the shop... it’s good for that but that about it. I’m not impressed with it , it’s not horrible but definitely not great.

I’d have to say my air tools don’t get pulled out much anymore. When my 1/2” high torq took the nut off my 3500 pitman arm... I was sold. My Makita barely takes the lug nuts off but that said not truly fair comparison as the Makita is not brushless. Everything I buy going forward will be brushless. It’s a game changer for sure.

I have the Milwaukee leaf blower as well and it's nice for light duty jobs. It doesn't have the same kick as the STIHL backpack blower but I like how small the Milwaukee is and if you use it inside a building it's relatively quiet and doesn't smoke you out.

2010m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

This thing is way better then any butane iron I have ever used.
4f4a7f00713c206e7764e945fd1e74d4.jpg

Top Bottom