Milwaukee tools

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I have the regular M18 Wet/dry vac which passed DOP certification which I need for inspections. I got the new M18 Fuel vacuum, and it didnt pass.

Eficiency Particulate Air) filter is tested through the introduction of D.O.P (Dispersed Oil Particulate.) Most places now ues P.A.O (Poly Alpha Olefin) which is a non-carcinogen liquid which is a most common replacement for D.O.P.
P.A.O is dispersed as an aerosol into the upstream flow of the filter media while the number of particles in the downstream flow is measured using a calibrated photometer that will detect particles down to 0.3 microns in diameter.HEPA filters are tested to 99.997% efficiency . During the P.A.O test the exterior of the vacuum is is tested to ensure that any damage or leak will be detected and located.

So the new vacuum the M18 Fuel packout unit failed miserably, I have found the seal around the filter was missing about 1/8" that could do it. As it hasn't been used I will take it back and get another one, not sure if KMS will make me take it back to the Milwaukee store or if I can just exchange it at there store.

Last edited:

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Twice now I have sent tools back for repair, one im certain was my fault and the other one a mystery but both time I received new in the box no questions ask replacement. Can't argue with that service

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Without me reading all 11 pages, Home Depot has their M18 XC5 batteries on sale. 2 for 1. Grabbed a couple the other day.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Without me reading all 11 pages, Home Depot has their M18 XC5 batteries on sale. 2 for 1. Grabbed a couple the other day.

KMS Has on Sale too but none in stock, I was at Home Depot today and none either, nuts in there.

[h=1]Milwaukee M18 REDLITHIUM XC 5.0 Ah Battery Pack - 2 Pack[FONT=&quot]48-11-1852[/FONT][/h][h=3]Flyer Sale[/h][FONT=&quot]Reg. $269.99
[FONT=Conv_MARKERFE]$179.95[/FONT]
[FONT=Conv_MARKERFE]Save $90[/FONT]
[/FONT]

• SKU: MILW-48111852
  • Model: 48-11-1852

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
KMS tools is amazing. Too amazing maybe even, so much restraint needed when in that store.

Pretty cool store but try ordering from them. They need to hire some adults. That’s where I bought my lathe do to them having the best prices. I would rate the customer service low like very low. Just a bunch of kids that cared about have fun and joking around more then doing their job.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They opened a new branch here about a year ago, they are actually pretty good, mostly older gentlemen working there, kinda like they all came out of retirement. But the damn place costs me lots, everything I buy there costs me double when you factor in the wife tax. If she see's me spending 300, rest assured that something worth 300 shows up in her mitts from the girlie stores.

Last edited:

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They were $179 but I can't find the sale anymore.
So they typically sell 1 battery for $180?

That's obnoxious, I havent paid over $100 for a single 5 amp hour in the past 5 years, typically get them for $85. **** I bought a case of 9 amps for $1200 two years ago.

Sounds like this KMS tools has good prices on tools.

Any of you guys try their tool pouches ? Specifically the carpenters pouch? Still can't belive how well they last...

Also their whipper snipper is the absolute best. $300 here right now with an 8 amp hour battery and rapid charger...

Last edited:

Dukhtr3

Reaction score
This saw with there 12 amp hr. Battery and you will never use a power saw ever again. No cords and it runs forever. Rips 2*4 like you are using a power saw.
ec3242a7e6c2b4f403fe868b632bcb2c.jpg

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Pretty cool store but try ordering from them. They need to hire some adults. That’s where I bought my lathe do to them having the best prices. I would rate the customer service low like very low. Just a bunch of kids that cared about have fun and joking around more then doing their job.

I don’t order or prepay anything anymore. I’ve ordered several things from them, then go into store and find a whole end of the products. Not a phone call or email. Then I have to spend 1/2 hour getting the order so I can get my stuff. The next time I prepaid for the power converter that goes on the battery 3 weeks later not a call or email then I went into the store they had 3 left on the shelf so I took one and spend another half hour at customer service Center to get it straightened out. So now. I do all my shopping in there store and if they don’t have in stock I don’t buy. You can check online to see if the store has it. It’s somewhat accurate

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don’t order or prepay anything anymore. I’ve ordered several things from them, then go into store and find a whole end of the products. Not a phone call or email. Then I have to spend 1/2 hour getting the order so I can get my stuff. The next time I prepaid for the power converter that goes on the battery 3 weeks later not a call or email then I went into the store they had 3 left on the shelf so I took one and spend another half hour at customer service Center to get it straightened out. So now. I do all my shopping in there store and if they don’t have in stock I don’t buy. You can check online to see if the store has it. It’s somewhat accurate

If Im going to order, I always check out Mississaga Tools or BC Fasteners first. Both have 1st rate service and usually free freight.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My maximum mini grinder ran for 30 minutes straight on one battery, that thing is amazing.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have used a lot of different brands of circular saws over the years, which i refer to as skillsaws, probably because i preferred that brand over the rest. As far as the battery ones, i tried a Milwaukee years ago what a load of crap that was. I was building some doors for my brother ..no power close by and i needed a good saw for that kind of work. He said try my dewalt, well man that thing was a nice saw made me want to throw away all my corded ones.

Top Bottom