Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You might need a second charger.
Milwaukee-48-59-1806-M18-Six-Pack-Sequential-Charger.jpg

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is actually the battery that is too hot to take the charging function. i even tried burying the batteries in the cool sand to no avail.
You might need 8 batteries like kyle!

I was using tools with cords yesterday, you gotta do what you gotta do some times!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m a big fan of Milwaukee tools. I have lots in my service truck. 1/4” to 3/4” impacts, high torque and low torque, drills, grinder, ratchets, grease gun. They are very impressive, I run 8 M18 5ah batteries due to weight and size, the high output 9 and 12ah are impressive when used on a grinder.
I’ve been wanting a 1” drive impact to add to the collection.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m a big fan of Milwaukee tools. I have lots in my service truck. 1/4” to 3/4” impacts, high torque and low torque, drills, grinder, ratchets, grease gun. They are very impressive, I run 8 M18 5ah batteries due to weight and size, the high output 9 and 12ah are impressive when used on a grinder.
I’ve been wanting a 1” drive impact to add to the collection.
If your wanting a 1" impact, wait a bit more, mikwaukee is bringing out the big 1" with an extended anvil, I think that will be the cats meow.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I'm a guy who believes you get what you pay for (in most instances).

The combo packs of many tool manufacturers are suspect to individual tool quality IMHO. This M18 pack is in the neighbourhood of $600. An M18 drill pack combo can be in the $300 range. So the question to the guys that are using Milwaukee tools for a living/business (not the occasional hobby type person and that is nothing personal to anybody), are the tools in the big combo pack the same quality as the individual tools or the smaller combo packs with all things being equal??

IMG_6880.jpeg

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The combo packs of many tool manufacturers are suspect to individual tool quality IMHO. This M18 pack is in the neighbourhood of $600. An M18 drill pack combo can be in the $300 range. So the question to the guys that are using Milwaukee tools for a living/business (not the occasional hobby type person and that is nothing personal to anybody), are the tools in the big combo pack the same quality as the individual tools or the smaller combo packs with all things being equal??

View attachment 246546

Yes, the quality is the same IMO anyway, but sometimes their specs are different and one tool may have a different feature over the other.
You would have to look at the P/N of each tool and see if that’s what your looking for.
For example, The impacts and grease guns look identical but there outputs are different. The other day, I went to order a new grease gun, and the one I picked had a output of 800psi, I looked at others, and I chose to go with the 1000psi gun due to the requirements I’m going to use it for.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

View attachment 246546
Only thing i noticed was some of the tools are not brushless, but looks like all these are brushless. I bought an orbital sander and it does not say brushless on it. But it works like a dam, pretty impressed with the drill/saws as they last quite awhile with XC battery 4.5,6 ah for what i do around the house. Donated most of my cords and corded tools, doubt i will ever need any of those in my lifetime again. Still waiting for that Mill blower to get up to capacity of my gasser 2in1 blower though, still not quite there yet with that tech.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use a combination of dewalt and Milwaukee cordless tools. I find the Milwaukee a lot better quality. The batteries do get hot and power drops quick when hot. Easiest solution is to have extra batteries. I also have 4 of the Milwaukee framing nailers now and it’s the one I grab but my guys always grab the Passlodes. The Passlode is half the weight but I hate the fuel cells with a passion.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

View attachment 246546
The circular saw in that combo kit looks kinda junky. I would we recommend getting the 7 1/4” for what you do. Cutting beams you want a real saw.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The circular saw in that combo kit looks kinda junky. I would we recommend getting the 7 1/4” for what you do. Cutting beams you want a real saw.
I did check on the depth of cut and it will cut through a 2x4. My larger material I cut on my 10" DeWalt compound mitre saw (should have bought a 12" when I bought it but it was too good a deal to pass up).

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have noticed that the brushless Combo Kits are $400-500 more. Brushless seems to be the in thing these days. Might be a good idea to splurge!

Brushless are the way to go, that’s all I have.
I thought Milwaukee discontinued their brush motors tho. Maybe not.

Top Bottom